Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 04-18-2012, 06:19 PM
I♥The♔COUNT

Default Chael on Reem controversy

“Congratulations to MMA media, right when I think you’re incompetence can’t get to any higher level, the Alistair Overeem story comes out. You kids on the interweb, running your little ‘dot com’s’ from the couch in your mother’s basement, you beneficiaries of Mark Cuban’s tax write-off, you’ve gone and screwed up the Alistair Overeem case, beyond belief. Is it repairable? I doubt it.”

“Hey. If I’m a member of the media and someone tells me that Alistair Overeem failed a drug test, the very first thing I’m going to say is: ‘Really? What substance did he test positive for?’ Now, you see, those basic questions are where the wheels begin to fall off the bus to this entire story. Alistair Overeem did not test positive for anything. End of story. So why is his name getting drug through the mud? Why are they saying, ‘Well, he’s got an elevated T-to-E ratio. Ok, fair enough. Let’s say his T-to-E ratio is outside the norm. That’s not illegal. That’s outside the norm. That’s a red flag. That is a red flag, and Alistair will owe an explanation. If it’s not against the rules, why are we having this conversation? MMA Media: Ya failed! It reminds me of a time when Ronald Reagan was President, and somebody in his cabinet had to stand trial. He gets acquitted and he says, ‘Well, great. I’ve won the trial, but who do I see to get my reputation back?”

Chael Sonnen has his say on the Overeem situation while doing his usual spot on “Chael’s Corner” on “UFC Tonight”
Old 04-18-2012, 06:25 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella79 View Post
“Congratulations to MMA media, right when I think you’re incompetence can’t get to any higher level, the Alistair Overeem story comes out. You kids on the interweb, running your little ‘dot com’s’ from the couch in your mother’s basement, you beneficiaries of Mark Cuban’s tax write-off, you’ve gone and screwed up the Alistair Overeem case, beyond belief. Is it repairable? I doubt it.”

“Hey. If I’m a member of the media and someone tells me that Alistair Overeem failed a drug test, the very first thing I’m going to say is: ‘Really? What substance did he test positive for?’ Now, you see, those basic questions are where the wheels begin to fall off the bus to this entire story. Alistair Overeem did not test positive for anything. End of story. So why is his name getting drug through the mud? Why are they saying, ‘Well, he’s got an elevated T-to-E ratio. Ok, fair enough. Let’s say his T-to-E ratio is outside the norm. That’s not illegal. That’s outside the norm. That’s a red flag. That is a red flag, and Alistair will owe an explanation. If it’s not against the rules, why are we having this conversation? MMA Media: Ya failed! It reminds me of a time when Ronald Reagan was President, and somebody in his cabinet had to stand trial. He gets acquitted and he says, ‘Well, great. I’ve won the trial, but who do I see to get my reputation back?”

Chael Sonnen has his say on the Overeem situation while doing his usual spot on “Chael’s Corner” on “UFC Tonight”
Chael makes a very clear point here: the ratio is not illegal, but is merely a sign that further investigation is necessary. Unfortunately, the commissions don't want to shell out the money for blood tests, so instead they rely on the urine samples & hope no one raises a fuss.
Old 04-18-2012, 06:27 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Nice Mark Cuban shout out...he may need to fight on HDNet after Silva gets him in Brazil!
Old 04-18-2012, 06:33 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post

Nice Mark Cuban shout out...he may need to fight on HDNet after Silva gets him in Brazil!
I think that's another throw-back to when he put Kenny Rice on blast right before the Bisping fight.
Old 04-18-2012, 06:45 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
Chael makes a very clear point here: the ratio is not illegal, but is merely a sign that further investigation is necessary. Unfortunately, the commissions don't want to shell out the money for blood tests, so instead they rely on the urine samples & hope no one raises a fuss.
Chael is a master at misdirection, he might as well be Cris Angel.

Reem's levels were off the charts, and let's not act like this was surprise to anybody. I agree that the commissions, especially Nevada, could do more, but let's be honest, this IS them doing more. He got popped on a random test, something they don't do enough of as it is.
Old 04-18-2012, 06:48 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
I think that's another throw-back to when he put Kenny Rice on blast right before the Bisping fight.
The best was when he told Jim Rome that it was some Mexican guy who called Lance Armstrong a cheater.
Old 04-18-2012, 07:07 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Quote:
Chael is a master at misdirection, he might as well be Cris Angel.

Reem's levels were off the charts, and let's not act like this was surprise to anybody. I agree that the commissions, especially Nevada, could do more, but let's be honest, this IS them doing more. He got popped on a random test, something they don't do enough of as it is.
I don't think that Reem's clean, but I do think that the commissions need to have tests that will actually prove guilt as opposed to just implying it.
Quote:
The best was when he told Jim Rome that it was some Mexican guy who called Lance Armstrong a cheater.
Hahaha, yeah!
Old 04-18-2012, 07:13 PM

Gotta Love Chael Sonnen!!!
Old 04-18-2012, 09:19 PM
Student of the Sport

Quote:
Chael makes a very clear point here: the ratio is not illegal, but is merely a sign that further investigation is necessary.
But it is illegal in a way. They allow for 6:1 which seems pretty lenient if the average male is 1:1.

Alcohol is not illegal, nor is driving if I am under the legal limit. And if I am over the limit, do you really think the cop cares if I was drinking beer or everclear? Over the limit is over the limit no matter how you got there.
Old 04-18-2012, 09:52 PM

? ? ? ? ? ?