Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 04-16-2012, 11:28 PM
J.B.'s Avatar
J.B. J.B. is offline
WAR CARDINALS!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Apache Juntion, AZ
Posts: 8,462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
Your comparison to random drug testing and child rapists going free might be the dumbest one I've ever heard. Hugely different circumstances.
I didn't write a paper comparing and contrasting the two things. I responded to your post, and then asked a question, all with only 2 sentences. You can replace "child rapists" with anything you want. You know the logic behind what I'm saying, so attack that if you truly disagree.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-17-2012, 09:47 AM
Buc Nasty's Avatar
Buc Nasty Buc Nasty is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 244
Default

Ben Askren said Dana is lying about it being impossible to which Dana responded Askren is boring, I'd rather watch flies f***.

How mature.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-17-2012, 11:59 AM
County Mike's Avatar
County Mike County Mike is offline
Hailey's Dad
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Millville, NJ
Posts: 859
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
I didn't write a paper comparing and contrasting the two things. I responded to your post, and then asked a question, all with only 2 sentences. You can replace "child rapists" with anything you want. You know the logic behind what I'm saying, so attack that if you truly disagree.
My reply stands because what you compared the lack of testing to was relevant. The results of being slack in testing for steroids and being slack in arresting child rapists are vastly different. We can afford to let a few athletes get away with cheating. We can't afford the other.

And so we're clear, I wasn't calling you stupid. Only your argument.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-17-2012, 03:17 PM
JavierDLC's Avatar
JavierDLC JavierDLC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: El Paso Texas
Posts: 2,306
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buc Nasty View Post
Ben Askren said Dana is lying about it being impossible to which Dana responded Askren is boring, I'd rather watch flies f***.

How mature.
You have to admit this was Gold Material!! I laughed my @$$ off when I read it on the Bleacher Report site.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-17-2012, 03:30 PM
Buc Nasty's Avatar
Buc Nasty Buc Nasty is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 244
Default

To me he just comes across as a childish little bitch when he says this stuff. A better response would be simply 'Ben who?'
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-17-2012, 03:56 PM
JavierDLC's Avatar
JavierDLC JavierDLC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: El Paso Texas
Posts: 2,306
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buc Nasty View Post
To me he just comes across as a childish little bitch when he says this stuff. A better response would be simply 'Ben who?'
Yeah I know what you mean but...
The thing I like about Dana is that he is real he shows his emotions ans says it like it is... he isn't like every other famous promoter/celebrity who hide behind a mask and pretend to be someone they are not just to come off politically correct.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 04-17-2012, 05:49 PM
F34R F34R is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,101
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
Yeah I know what you mean but...
The thing I like about Dana is that he is real he shows his emotions ans says it like it is... he isn't like every other famous promoter/celebrity who hide behind a mask and pretend to be someone they are not just to come off politically correct.
I dunno about that. The article pretty much sums it up really well. He tells it like it is? No he doesn't. Look at all the bitching he did referenced in the article. He acts like he has to do EVERYTHING. No, he uses vulgar insults, and blows off answering real questions, or addressing real issues. That's how he gets by.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 04-18-2012, 02:09 PM
J.B.'s Avatar
J.B. J.B. is offline
WAR CARDINALS!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Apache Juntion, AZ
Posts: 8,462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
My reply stands because what you compared the lack of testing to was relevant. The results of being slack in testing for steroids and being slack in arresting child rapists are vastly different. We can afford to let a few athletes get away with cheating. We can't afford the other.

And so we're clear, I wasn't calling you stupid. Only your argument.
I agree, one is trivial and the other is crucial. I didn't think you were calling me stupid, and I never take any of this personal.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 04-18-2012, 02:57 PM
Buc Nasty's Avatar
Buc Nasty Buc Nasty is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 244
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by F34R View Post
I dunno about that. The article pretty much sums it up really well. He tells it like it is? No he doesn't. Look at all the bitching he did referenced in the article. He acts like he has to do EVERYTHING. No, he uses vulgar insults, and blows off answering real questions, or addressing real issues. That's how he gets by.
Agreed. I know what you mean Javi but he could (and should) deal with it better than he does. Going out of your way to insult someone is hardly what you want from the face of your company in a sport still striving for acceptance.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 04-18-2012, 03:16 PM
J.B.'s Avatar
J.B. J.B. is offline
WAR CARDINALS!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Apache Juntion, AZ
Posts: 8,462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
Yeah I know what you mean but...
The thing I like about Dana is that he is real he shows his emotions ans says it like it is... he isn't like every other famous promoter/celebrity who hide behind a mask and pretend to be someone they are not just to come off politically correct.
I hear ya brother, but that is also a double edged sword. It's one thing for a nobody like myself to say whatever he wants, whenever he wants, but Dana has a much higher platform and much higher expectations. A lot of times, he comes off bad when he goes on rants. Hey, so do I, and I know it. It's called "self-awareness", and sometimes it seems like Dana doesn't realize how silly he sounds. The guy is still awesome, I just don't always agree with him and would like to see him rope it in a little bit.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.