Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 04-16-2012, 11:28 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
Your comparison to random drug testing and child rapists going free might be the dumbest one I've ever heard. Hugely different circumstances.
I didn't write a paper comparing and contrasting the two things. I responded to your post, and then asked a question, all with only 2 sentences. You can replace "child rapists" with anything you want. You know the logic behind what I'm saying, so attack that if you truly disagree.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:47 AM

Ben Askren said Dana is lying about it being impossible to which Dana responded Askren is boring, I'd rather watch flies f***.

How mature.
Old 04-17-2012, 11:59 AM
Hailey's Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
I didn't write a paper comparing and contrasting the two things. I responded to your post, and then asked a question, all with only 2 sentences. You can replace "child rapists" with anything you want. You know the logic behind what I'm saying, so attack that if you truly disagree.
My reply stands because what you compared the lack of testing to was relevant. The results of being slack in testing for steroids and being slack in arresting child rapists are vastly different. We can afford to let a few athletes get away with cheating. We can't afford the other.

And so we're clear, I wasn't calling you stupid. Only your argument.
Old 04-17-2012, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buc Nasty View Post
Ben Askren said Dana is lying about it being impossible to which Dana responded Askren is boring, I'd rather watch flies f***.

How mature.
You have to admit this was Gold Material!! I laughed my @$$ off when I read it on the Bleacher Report site.
Old 04-17-2012, 03:30 PM

To me he just comes across as a childish little bitch when he says this stuff. A better response would be simply 'Ben who?'
Old 04-17-2012, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buc Nasty View Post
To me he just comes across as a childish little bitch when he says this stuff. A better response would be simply 'Ben who?'
Yeah I know what you mean but...
The thing I like about Dana is that he is real he shows his emotions ans says it like it is... he isn't like every other famous promoter/celebrity who hide behind a mask and pretend to be someone they are not just to come off politically correct.
Old 04-17-2012, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
The thing I like about Dana is that he is real he shows his emotions ans says it like it is... he isn't like every other famous promoter/celebrity who hide behind a mask and pretend to be someone they are not just to come off politically correct.
I dunno about that. The article pretty much sums it up really well. He tells it like it is? No he doesn't. Look at all the bitching he did referenced in the article. He acts like he has to do EVERYTHING. No, he uses vulgar insults, and blows off answering real questions, or addressing real issues. That's how he gets by.
Old 04-18-2012, 02:09 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
My reply stands because what you compared the lack of testing to was relevant. The results of being slack in testing for steroids and being slack in arresting child rapists are vastly different. We can afford to let a few athletes get away with cheating. We can't afford the other.

And so we're clear, I wasn't calling you stupid. Only your argument.
I agree, one is trivial and the other is crucial. I didn't think you were calling me stupid, and I never take any of this personal.
Old 04-18-2012, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by F34R View Post
I dunno about that. The article pretty much sums it up really well. He tells it like it is? No he doesn't. Look at all the bitching he did referenced in the article. He acts like he has to do EVERYTHING. No, he uses vulgar insults, and blows off answering real questions, or addressing real issues. That's how he gets by.
Agreed. I know what you mean Javi but he could (and should) deal with it better than he does. Going out of your way to insult someone is hardly what you want from the face of your company in a sport still striving for acceptance.
Old 04-18-2012, 03:16 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
I hear ya brother, but that is also a double edged sword. It's one thing for a nobody like myself to say whatever he wants, whenever he wants, but Dana has a much higher platform and much higher expectations. A lot of times, he comes off bad when he goes on rants. Hey, so do I, and I know it. It's called "self-awareness", and sometimes it seems like Dana doesn't realize how silly he sounds. The guy is still awesome, I just don't always agree with him and would like to see him rope it in a little bit.