Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Old 01-26-2009, 05:51 PM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorlion
I also think that AA has what it takes to beat Fedor. He was winning the stand up right before his attemp at the showboating flying knee.

Think AA has the ability to surprise Fedor in a rematch providing that he can stick to the quick boxing and stay away from the spectacular

If he has what it takes to or not is irrelevant.
Any top 5 HW has what it takes to do it, its doing it thats the hard part.

There is a difference between owning the skills, and being able to execute those skills on Fedor.
Old 01-26-2009, 08:11 PM
CAVEMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger
If he has what it takes to or not is irrelevant.
Any top 5 HW has what it takes to do it, its doing it thats the hard part.

There is a difference between owning the skills, and being able to execute those skills on Fedor.
Well said! Fedor executed that punch with precision! Plus, did you see that follow up left? Either way, AA was toast!
Old 01-26-2009, 08:56 PM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVEMAN
Well said! Fedor executed that punch with precision! Plus, did you see that follow up left? Either way, AA was toast!
Yeah, Fedor said afterwords that he knew AA dropped his left, and it was just a matter of time,
Fedor was going for that big right a few times.

If you re watch the fight, every combo AA threw he leaves his left down for way too long.
Old 01-27-2009, 07:01 AM
Hughes_GOAT

if anything, Fedor will dispatch him quicker. he studied Arlovski without knowing what he was like live. now he's faced him, he can picture what needs to be done in preparing if they fight a second time.
Old 01-27-2009, 06:12 PM
hizo64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter
HAHAHAHA!
I felt bad for the winners of the fights because Tito was a boo magnet. I hope the fighters knew that the boos weren't for them. LOL!
Dude I gotta tell you that you have one of the best most epic sigs ever!! And Tito overrates himself SOOO bad, I figured he'd learn from the spanking Couture gave him in the octagon.
Old 01-27-2009, 06:39 PM
Crisco

Fedor is the man
Old 01-28-2009, 02:37 AM

Fedor is a monster, but I replayed that KO punch a bunch of times in super slo-mo.... I just don't see where it hit AA clean..... It looks more like he just hit and pushed.... But AA went down like a wet noodle though....

Can you see AA being ko'ed by that kind of punch?
Old 01-28-2009, 02:59 AM
Josh

Quote:
Originally Posted by EHLERZ5
Fedor is a monster, but I replayed that KO punch a bunch of times in super slo-mo.... I just don't see where it hit AA clean..... It looks more like he just hit and pushed.... But AA went down like a wet noodle though....

Um...yes. Go watch his second fight with Sylvia again. Tim gave him a little love tap and he dropped.
Old 01-28-2009, 02:22 PM
hizo64

Quote:

Ya for sure man, if you go to this page

http://www.sherdog.com/pictures/even...koning-15942/3

it shows how a punch like that can knock you out! lol
Old 01-28-2009, 02:28 PM

Quote:

That's why they call it "the button" because you just have to tap it and they're out.
I won't even mention the leg that Fedor took to the tenders in order to deliver that shot
That followup left hook was reminiscent of the followup hook that Rashad threw after hitting Chuck. It's jsut instinctual.
I think backing into the corner was Fedor's way of giving AA false security to drop that left. Fedor started throwing before AA got hit foot up.

[