Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 04-08-2012, 03:13 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Default when you feel unwell what cheers you up?

Guys....Yesterday after my early shift which I prepared for with only five hours sleep ( ) I accidently ate some chicken...quite a lot of chicken actually... I sware there was something wrong with that Chicken.

I went to sleep, and four hours later I was woken up and had to dash to the loo Then I came downstairs to get a glass of water, walked into the kitchen, where the wall of scent bombarded me, from the chicken carcas. I barfed

Now...I dont have ANY stomach cramps at all, I had a headache earlier but that was lack of sleep. The problem is, I still have the squits My Body is used to sertraline hydrochloride and the side effect of that is squits...what tends to happen AFTER I've been ill, is that my body goes into standby, and that standby includes endless squits that simply wont go away on their own.
The good news is immodium tends to halt them, and permanently....but that actually physically hurts. I've started the course reluctantly now.

Anyway, coz this happened last night, I couldnt go and enjoy Easter with the family, and wont be strong enough to do the construction work planned for tommorows bank holiday on my front garden. I couldnt even make it to church...BUT I managed to watch a service broadcast on TV

Thing is...now thats over...i'm alone...slightly hungry even though I must not eat until tommorow morning at the earliest...and the service is finished...

When you are ill like the above....what do you do to cheer yourself up...I am almost NEVER physically ill...so I dont know what to do Mentally I might be a fruitcake...but physically I generally dont get ill.

Thankfully im off work until Tuesday by which time I'd best be well coz..1) I have a VERY long walk to work and 2) I MUST defend my Eight Years ZERO Absence
Old 04-08-2012, 03:30 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

I have NEVER missed a day of work since leaving London...I DID get sent home once...but that doesnt damage my absence record, coz I turned up and clocked in and was working til lunchtime
Old 04-08-2012, 04:32 PM
Stump Rules!

Wow, what a crappy day! Sorry dude!

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 04-08-2012, 04:58 PM
Student of the Sport

Sounds like a case of food poisoning, been there!

As for cheering you up, I guess it depends on what you can stomach

Generally I just chill....watch movies, play video games, etc.
Old 04-08-2012, 06:52 PM

Like Kevin said, it sounds like food poisoning :-( You could try the BRAT diet for a while (bananas, rice, applesauce, toast). It's what the medical field suggests for gastro upsets.

Hope you feel better soon...

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 04-08-2012, 07:44 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

thank you everyone! you are all lovely people

Michelle...dont worry I am feeling slightly better already

Kevin...I came to the same conclusion, thankfully (after checking on google ) My case is SO mild, and my ability to sleep things off so good that I can overcome this pretty easily. Bad Food poisening can go on like flu, for a good week I cant stomach anything yet...and...Yes, I've been watching tv...and catching up online, and watching my birds in the aviary...in short...Ive done sweet FA today

Flo....unfortunately I cant eat bananas, for some reason I can digest them. Applesauce I havent got in the house...but tommorow when I get up I SHALL start with dry toast. Today I have had liquids only, Water...and some flat cola to settle the stomach and give me a nice taste...I've also had my Sertraline Hydrochloride, Four Pain killers for my lack of sleep induced headache, and two immodium which seems to have stopped the squits....but they dont really count as food do they
Old 04-11-2012, 01:54 PM

Squits!

Lucozade usually sorts me out.