Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 04-09-2012, 03:51 PM
I♥The♔COUNT

To me the commission is just getting way to into it. These random tests all of a sudden? Really now..
Old 04-09-2012, 03:56 PM
I♥The♔COUNT

Free Reem.. Omg I realized I like juiceheads..
Old 04-09-2012, 07:54 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRShrek View Post
This kind of thing is often done in other industries. The commissions donít need one of their people at the gym every time, they can train a local technician to monitor the sampling and then conduct regular audits to make sure the protocol is being adhered to. A single official could oversee the sampling of dozens of gyms and hundreds of fighters.

This might be too burdensome for smaller gyms, and PEDs might be less of an issue in the minor leagues, but at the UFC level there should be no problem. If a house shows a pattern of trying to game the system they would stand a chance of having their certification pulled, this would provide an incentive for everyone to help everyone else stay kosher.
Well, I was working on a response to this, but got distracted by the MMA Hour coming on. Coincidentally, one of Ariel's guests was Victor Conte (of BALCO infamy), who is now a very vocal advocate of increasing PED testing. He had some really interesting points to make, so rather than throwing out my thoughts half-cocked, I'll wait for MMAFighting.com to publish their summation of his interview & then post that here for y'all.
Old 04-09-2012, 07:58 PM

Am I the only MMA fan who doesn't care if fighters Juice ? Seriously, every other sports organization of professional athletes Juice Big Time. The NFL is the worst. The beatings those guy's bodies take is crazy.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:08 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheachea View Post
Am I the only MMA fan who doesn't care if fighters Juice ? Seriously, every other sports organization of professional athletes Juice Big Time. The NFL is the worst. The beatings those guy's bodies take is crazy.
I doubt that you are, but I'd guess y'all are the slim minority. I'd assume most of the rest of us object to steroids because a) they're illegal, b) they're dangerous, or c) a combination of the two. For me, it's primarily b), because I believe a) to be a cause of b) (i.e. they're illegal because they're dangerous).
Old 04-09-2012, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheachea View Post
Im with you on this one.