Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 04-04-2012, 04:41 AM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
Jason David Frank, aka "Green Ranger".
aka White Ranger, aka Red Ranger, aka Black Ranger. "Tommy Oliver" is the character who has appeared in the most episodes (he even came back as an adult to be the mentor for the teenaged protagonists in one brand of the series) and as the most different colors of ranger (he became the Black Ranger during his mentor run).

Can you tell I hit a nostalgia kick recently & read up on my favorite childhood TV show?
Old 04-04-2012, 05:02 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
aka White Ranger, aka Red Ranger, aka Black Ranger. "Tommy Oliver" is the character who has appeared in the most episodes (he even came back as an adult to be the mentor for the teenaged protagonists in one brand of the series) and as the most different colors of ranger (he became the Black Ranger during his mentor run).

Can you tell I hit a nostalgia kick recently & read up on my favorite childhood TV show?
I actually remember Jason David Frank as the Green Ranger, and did know he who he was when the news broke that he was getting into MMA. However, the Power Rangers came along at the tail end of my "childhood". I don't say that as a hater, but rather because I actually did like the Power Rangers in the very beginning, but I was right at that age of 11-13 where certain things just weren't "cool" anymore. I totally get the nostalgia kick, I've been on it for a while! I'm gonna be 30 in just over a month!
Old 04-04-2012, 03:15 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Quote:
I actually remember Jason David Frank as the Green Ranger, and did know he who he was when the news broke that he was getting into MMA. However, the Power Rangers came along at the tail end of my "childhood". I don't say that as a hater, but rather because I actually did like the Power Rangers in the very beginning, but I was right at that age of 11-13 where certain things just weren't "cool" anymore. I totally get the nostalgia kick, I've been on it for a while! I'm gonna be 30 in just over a month!
Yeah, I don't remember what triggered it, but I started reading up on the various storylines awhile ago. Problem is, I just found out that Netflix has every episode from every season available for streaming. There’s no way that I’m gonna sit through hundreds & hundreds of episodes, but there’s gotta be some fan-boy website out there that’ll breakdown the key episodes to the over-arcing storylines so I can pick my spots, right?

In similar news, I just got Dinosaurs Season 1, Disc 1 from Netflix. Anyone remember Earl Sneed Sinlcair?
Old 04-04-2012, 03:34 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Yeah, I don't remember what triggered it, but I started reading up on the various storylines awhile ago. Problem is, I just found out that Netflix has every episode from every season available for streaming. There’s no way that I’m gonna sit through hundreds & hundreds of episodes, but there’s gotta be some fan-boy website out there that’ll breakdown the key episodes to the over-arcing storylines so I can pick my spots, right?

In similar news, I just got Dinosaurs Season 1, Disc 1 from Netflix. Anyone remember Earl Sneed Sinlcair?

Man up...or in this case POWER up!

If I can watch all of Lost in under two weeks on Netflix, you can watch MMPR!

and Yes....I remember the Sinclairs....."I'm the JB gotta love me"!
Old 04-04-2012, 03:46 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Quote:

Man up...or in this case POWER up!

If I can watch all of Lost in under two weeks on Netflix, you can watch MMPR!

and Yes....I remember the Sinclairs....."I'm the JB gotta love me"!
You say that like it was a big sacrifice to watch all 6 seasons back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back! In reality, you took the easy way out, not having to endure months-long lay off with your brain about to explode because of how warped the plot is getting, trying desperately to remeber the tiniest detail of a tree from the 7th episode because it might have bearing on the monster's personality, etc., etc., etc.
Old 04-04-2012, 04:18 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
You say that like it was a big sacrifice to watch all 6 seasons back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back! In reality, you took the easy way out, not having to endure months-long lay off with your brain about to explode because of how warped the plot is getting, trying desperately to remeber the tiniest detail of a tree from the 7th episode because it might have bearing on the monster's personality, etc., etc., etc.
Have you ever watched Lost? If not, check it out, then get back to me about "details". Also, no, I didn't watch them back to back to back to back...I had to take bathroom breaks, and I'm pretty sure I had to "work" at times.

As for the layoff, I get it....I just call it "Sons of Anarchy" nowadays!

Last edited by J.B.; 04-04-2012 at 04:23 PM.
Old 04-04-2012, 06:00 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Quote:
Have you ever watched Lost? If not, check it out, then get back to me about "details". Also, no, I didn't watch them back to back to back to back...I had to take bathroom breaks, and I'm pretty sure I had to "work" at times.

As for the layoff, I get it....I just call it "Sons of Anarchy" nowadays!
O yeah, I watched Lost! I love(d) that show, man! TBH, I almost wish it never ended because I kept wishing things went even deeper, ya know? Stuff got wrapped up too neatly.

Also, I was ticked when Charlie died. He was my favorite character, hands down.
Old 04-04-2012, 06:49 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
O yeah, I watched Lost! I love(d) that show, man! TBH, I almost wish it never ended because I kept wishing things went even deeper, ya know? Stuff got wrapped up too neatly.

Also, I was ticked when Charlie died. He was my favorite character, hands down.
I didn't want Lost to end, even though it was over before I started and I even beat the video game....

You still need to watch MMPR on Netflix!

Like Nike said...just do it....heck, I've been watching Saved By The Bell! Relive your childhood while you can! Never know if you will get that chance again!

If you don't, I will, and I will make all sorts of references you don't know!
Old 04-04-2012, 07:33 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Quote:
I didn't want Lost to end, even though it was over before I started and I even beat the video game....

You still need to watch MMPR on Netflix!

Like Nike said...just do it....heck, I've been watching Saved By The Bell! Relive your childhood while you can! Never know if you will get that chance again!

If you don't, I will, and I will make all sorts of references you don't know!
Yeah, I really think I’m gonna go ahead & just jump in! That being said, I’m definitely going to only watch the important episodes, ya know? I just can’t remember all of ‘em off the top of my head. The most important one I can remember is the epic 5 part mini-series where Tommy was introduced (“Green with Evil”, I think). Hmmmm, I wonder what a quick google search will reveal…

EDIT: O snap!! http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090731111218AAt3jAo
Old 04-04-2012, 07:57 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Yeah, I really think I’m gonna go ahead & just jump in! That being said, I’m definitely going to only watch the important episodes, ya know? I just can’t remember all of ‘em off the top of my head. The most important one I can remember is the epic 5 part mini-series where Tommy was introduced (“Green with Evil”, I think). Hmmmm, I wonder what a quick google search will reveal…

EDIT: O snap!! http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090731111218AAt3jAo
Slow down...do you drink coffee in the morning? Because, I don't...