Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 04-03-2012, 03:48 AM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default Brock Lesnar back in the WWE

Showed up at the end up WWE Raw tonight & F-5ed John Cena. Looks like Overeem made good on his promise to send Brock back to fake wrestling.
Old 04-03-2012, 04:12 AM
Allons-y

Brock Lesnar Appears on WWE Monday Night Raw

Quote:
Apr 2, 2012 - Brock Lesnar is back in World Wrestling Entertainment.

The former pro wrestling champion turned UFC heavyweight champion appeared in the final segment of WWE's Monday Night RAW program. The 34-year-old Lesnar interrupted John Cena's promo, walked down to the ring, grabbed Cena and slammed him with his old finishing maneuver, the F-5. A noticeably smaller Lesnar then soaked in the crowd applause as the show ended. He didn't say anything on television.
Lesnar retired from MMA in December after losing via first-round TKO to Alistair Overeem at UFC 140. He walked away from the sport with a 5-3 record.

Over the weekend, the wrestling media reported that Lesnar had signed a one-year contract with WWE, however, terms of the deal have yet to be made official. Lesnar hasn't worked for WWE since 2004.

Watch Lesnar's return to WWE below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=vZBhU-eVs1A
Old 04-03-2012, 04:48 AM
Stump Rules!

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 04-03-2012, 05:48 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

Money talks
Old 04-03-2012, 05:54 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

I actually think it's cool he's still doing something that keeps his name out there and makes him some good money. I also think it's a brilliant move by the WWE. They just had the Rock come back for Wrestlemania and now that it's over they bring out Brock Lesnar the following day. Sure, WWE is scripted and obnoxiously cheesy at times, but that's what it's supposed to be. It was the WWE that essentially got Brock his fast track in the UFC, so it's kinda fitting to see him give them another run at what is likely the tail end of his career.

He won't be remembered as one of the greatest mixed martial artists of all time, but he still brought a lot of attention to the sport and, unlike Kimbo Slice, Lesnar really did prove he was worthy of being in the UFC. Obviously he is brutally strong and has a top notch wrestling background, but everything else he was basically learning on the fly while facing more well rounded and experienced guys than him. The reoccurring stomach problems didn't help much either. Still, gotta give him credit for beating Couture, Mir, Carwin, and Herring, and there is no shame in losing to The Reem or Mr. Velasquez.
Old 04-03-2012, 12:34 PM

I heard Vince Mcmahon woke up one morning and found Lesner
in his shower and suddenly realized it was all just a bad dream....
Old 04-03-2012, 02:38 PM

dana musta got PAID!!!
Old 04-03-2012, 04:19 PM
Student of the Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post

I actually think it's cool he's still doing something that keeps his name out there and makes him some good money. I also think it's a brilliant move by the WWE. They just had the Rock come back for Wrestlemania and now that it's over they bring out Brock Lesnar the following day. Sure, WWE is scripted and obnoxiously cheesy at times, but that's what it's supposed to be. It was the WWE that essentially got Brock his fast track in the UFC, so it's kinda fitting to see him give them another run at what is likely the tail end of his career.

He won't be remembered as one of the greatest mixed martial artists of all time, but he still brought a lot of attention to the sport and, unlike Kimbo Slice, Lesnar really did prove he was worthy of being in the UFC. Obviously he is brutally strong and has a top notch wrestling background, but everything else he was basically learning on the fly while facing more well rounded and experienced guys than him. The reoccurring stomach problems didn't help much either. Still, gotta give him credit for beating Couture, Mir, Carwin, and Herring, and there is no shame in losing to The Reem or Mr. Velasquez.
I agree with you completely. I think alot of people hate on wrestling because it is the easy thing to do. Sure it is fake fighting, but these guys are athletes and also actors. Rampage, Cung Le, and others do movies and that is ok. Heck, there in an MMA fighter that used to be a power ranger!

I am glad that he is able to still do something that he enjoys and hope he can keep his health up.
Old 04-03-2012, 04:30 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Now that the Fujita Scale has been replaced by the Enhanced Fujita Scale, should his F5 now be called the EF5? This transition did occur in 2007 during his hiatus.
Old 04-03-2012, 04:35 PM
Allons-y

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
Now that the Fujita Scale has been replaced by the Enhanced Fujita Scale, should his F5 now be called the EF5? This transition did occur in 2007 during his hiatus.
Hmmmmm, the real question is: does Brock care?