Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 03-20-2009, 06:21 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa Villaseņor
Don't get me wrong I never turn down a fight and yes this girl wants her kids to be the same way in a respectful manner, however who in the world are the administrators to decide that?
Doesn't bother me one bit. If my boy wants to fight and the other boy does too and the teacher is ready to let it happen then more power to him. I respect the teachers a lot at that school for being realists and having foresight despite the expected norms of society.

I'm old school and should have been born in the 50's I think.
Old 03-20-2009, 06:25 PM
Moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
Doesn't bother me one bit. If my boy wants to fight and the other boy does too and the teacher is ready to let it happen then more power to him. I respect the teachers a lot at that school for being realists and having foresight despite the expected norms of society.

I'm old school and should have been born in the 50's I think.
If you were born in the 50's you would be my father's age. He grew up in the 60's and 70's, and saw Title IX and the Civil Rights Act get passed into law. Perhaps you meant you were born the teens or 20's.

Oh. And realists. Now in the US if you get into a non-sanctioned fist fight you'll get arrested for battery. That's the reality. Aren't schools supposed to prepare young adults for life?
Old 03-20-2009, 06:29 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose
If you were born in the 50's you would be my father's age. He grew up in the 60's and 70's, and saw Title IX and the Civil Rights Act get passed into law. Perhaps you meant you were born the teens or 20's.

Oh. And realists. Now in the US if you get into a non-sanctioned fist fight you'll get arrested for battery. That's the reality. Aren't schools supposed to prepare young adults for life?
Life sucks.

In the real world honor should still exist.

This country has become so sissified it's not even a joke anymore.

By realists I ment they know the kids are going to fight anyway they might aswell do their best to make it safer.
Old 03-20-2009, 06:30 PM
atomdanger

LMAO

WTF, this leaves me with nothing but questions.

1. Where did a school get a cage?
2. How did none of the parents hear about this?
3. If they did, why didn't they do something about it then?
Old 03-20-2009, 06:34 PM
Moose

Quote:
Life sucks.

In the real world honor should still exist.

This country has become so sissified it's not even a joke anymore.

By realists I ment they know the kids are going to fight anyway they might aswell do their best to make it safer.
1. Life does suck, especially when you lack basic anger management skills.

2. I agree, honor should exist. Why isn't being peaceful considered honorable?

3. This country is more violent then it ever has been. Violence and toughness DO NOT go hand-in-hand.

4. That's a tough argument. I had friend's parents in high school let us booze at their house. Why? Because we were bound to do it anyway. What's the problem in this? Maybe some of us only drank because we had a place to do it without getting caught.
Old 03-20-2009, 06:38 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose
1. Life does suck, especially when you lack basic anger management skills.

2. I agree, honor should exist. Why isn't being peaceful considered honorable?

3. This country is more violent then it ever has been. Violence and toughness DO NOT go hand-in-hand.

4. That's a tough argument. I had friend's parents in high school let us booze at their house. Why? Because we were bound to do it anyway. What's the problem in this? Maybe some of us only drank because we had a place to do it without getting caught.
You have your view and I have mine.

And sure you can be honorable and peaceful but when someone offends your honor it's your right to get it back.

Getting punched in the face a couple times builds character.

Anger doesn't play a role in a fight for me. I'm cool headed and keep my goals in mind. I don't want to hurt you I just want to win.
Old 03-20-2009, 06:42 PM
Moose

Quote:
You have your view and I have mine.

And sure you can be honorable and peaceful but when someone offends your honor it's your right to get it back.

Getting punched in the face a couple times builds character.

Anger doesn't play a role in a fight for me. I'm cool headed and keep my goals in mind. I don't want to hurt you I just want to win.
...you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink.
Old 03-20-2009, 06:46 PM
Stump Rules!

It's just an accident waiting for tax payers to have to pay for.Someone gets hurt, a parents sues...it's going to happen...

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 03-20-2009, 06:57 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks
It's just an accident waiting for tax payers to have to pay for.Someone gets hurt, a parents sues...it's going to happen...
Agreed.

So lets make it legal...
Old 03-20-2009, 07:01 PM
Stump Rules!

With minors, it'll never happen.That would be worse then cock fighting having children doing it.And anyone under 18 is a child ( a lot of people a lot older act like children I know )

Quote:
Agreed.

So lets make it legal...

http://stumpdotcom.com/