Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 03-20-2009, 06:40 PM
Stump Rules!

Default Cage fights reportedly staged at Dallas high school

DALLAS —The Dallas school system was rocked by allegations Thursday that staff members at an inner-city high school made students settle their differences by fighting bare-knuckle brawls inside a steel cage.

The principal and other employees at South Oak Cliff High knew about the cage fights and allowed the practice to continue, according to a 2008 report by school system investigators.

"More than anything, I'm in shock and disbelief — shocked that this could ever occur and shocked that it would be condoned by a professional administrator," said Jerome Garza, a member of the Dallas school board.

READ THE WHOLE ARTICLE

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/6321034.html

I say the staff members have to go sit in the corner for this one

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 03-20-2009, 06:41 PM
Miss Foxy

Angry

Those that know DFW ( Dallas-Ft Worth) know already that Oak Cliff whether its North, South, East, West is straight ghetto!! Rather than have police they need the National Guard in that area! Just excuses for them to act like animals.....
Old 03-20-2009, 06:45 PM
matthughesfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa Villaseñor
Those that know DFW ( Dallas-Ft Worth) know already that Oak Cliff whether its North, South, East, West is straight ghetto!! Rather than have police they need the National Guard in that area! Just excuses for them to act like animals.....
better than have them settle it with fists rather than guns, still don't agree with the policy, but it could possibly be better than doing nothing at all, because it would get even more violent at that point
Old 03-20-2009, 06:54 PM
Crisco

NEVER BACK DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On a side note I agree with this.

If there is a dispute that can't be talked out let the nino's work out their wiggles to quote Nacho.

This will go back to the other thread with many different points of view. I'm 100% in favor of fist fights with two willing opponents.
Old 03-20-2009, 06:57 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
NEVER BACK DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On a side note I agree with this.

If there is a dispute that can't be talked out let the nino's work out their wiggles to quote Nacho.

This will go back to the other thread with many different points of view. I'm 100% in favor of fist fights with two willing opponents.
True to an extent the only problem is most of the time the punk that gets his rear end kicked has to prove something and comes back with a knife or gun or some form of retaliation.
Old 03-20-2009, 07:01 PM
Crisco

Quote:
True to an extent the only problem is most of the time the punk that gets his rear end kicked has to prove something and comes back with a knife or gun or some form of retaliation.
That's what happens on the street.

It happens in front of a huge crowd and dude gets embarrased.

It sounds like this was pretty much a private altercation minus a staff member.

Best way to do it. If their going to fight atleast make it a fair fight and out of the way so they can work it out.
Old 03-20-2009, 07:05 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
That's what happens on the street.

It happens in front of a huge crowd and dude gets embarrased.

It sounds like this was pretty much a private altercation minus a staff member.

Best way to do it. If their going to fight atleast make it a fair fight and out of the way so they can work it out.
True to an extent, however the parents should have been informed. How bout you have a kid that has some medical condition and doesnt want to back down and ends up dead or something crazy like that. We all have our beliefs, however those administrators are idiots to think they can bypass the parents. I would be mad if that was my child, but then again in that community who knows its kill or be killed pretty much....
Old 03-20-2009, 07:11 PM
Crisco

Quote:
True to an extent, however the parents should have been informed. How bout you have a kid that has some medical condition and doesnt want to back down and ends up dead or something crazy like that. We all have our beliefs, however those administrators are idiots to think they can bypass the parents. I would be mad if that was my child, but then again in that community who knows its kill or be killed pretty much....
I'd want my son to step up if he was willing. Fighting for whats right and true and just and whats honorable is one of the main things I'll teach him when he is born.

It all boils down to the same thing... Guys would have fought on the street atleast with the teacher there to stop it he can call an ambulance.

Matter of perspective and all that.

To quote Emilio Estevez in outsiders I believe it was "Ain't no one ever been hurt in no skin fight"
Old 03-20-2009, 07:12 PM
Moose

My dad told me about waiting 24 hours and then having a teacher slap some boxing gloves on them, but that was the 60's and a country school. If this is true someone needs a jail sentence.
Old 03-20-2009, 07:13 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
I'd want my son to step up if he was willing. Fighting for whats right and true and just and whats honorable is one of the main things I'll teach him when he is born.

It all boils down to the same thing... Guys would have fought on the street atleast with the teacher there to stop it he can call an ambulance.

Matter of perspective and all that.

To quote Emilio Estevez in outsiders I believe it was "Ain't no one ever been hurt in no skin fight"
Don't get me wrong I never turn down a fight and yes this girl wants her kids to be the same way in a respectful manner, however who in the world are the administrators to decide that?