Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 03-20-2009, 06:36 PM
Moose
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa Villaseņor
Honey I am of Israeli/Jordanian decent about 1/4.. I am the first to admit whose trash in that region. Maybe I am just snotty about it though...
I've been there, I've met Syrians, Jordanians, and Israelis. All are good people, as are we. Why we don't see them as such is complicated and rooted in both traditional views and modern day misunderstandings and mistrust.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-20-2009, 06:38 PM
Moose
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
I have ZERO respect for Islam

And we will never be seen as friends in the middle east because not all of us pray to allah and put our women in bed sheets.
I'm sure they have ZERO respect for us, too ;)

That's right, we pray to God the Father and strip our women down to shorty shorts and halter tops.

Don't you get it?
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-20-2009, 06:38 PM
Miss Foxy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose
I've been there, I've met Syrians, Jordanians, and Israelis. All are good people, as are we. Why we don't see them as such is complicated and rooted in both traditional views and modern day misunderstandings and mistrust.
Jordanians & Israelis are very much open to our Western society and beliefs they show and respect us more VS some of the other countries. Don't get me wrong in each area they have people that still hate us Americans, but the leaders are more supportive of us.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-20-2009, 06:40 PM
Moose
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa Villaseņor
Jordanians & Israelis are very much open to our Western society and beliefs they show and respect us more VS some of the other countries. Don't get me wrong in each area they have people that still hate us Americans, but the leaders are more supportive of us.
Any country on the top of the heap will be hated. Part of it is jealousy, part of it is what they see as our apathy.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-20-2009, 06:46 PM
NateR's Avatar
NateR NateR is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,742
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose
Any country on the top of the heap will be hated. Part of it is jealousy, part of it is what they see as our apathy.
They also hate us because we support Israel. So, if our only chance for peace with Iran is to turn on Israel, a nation who has been our loyal ally for over 60 years, then I say that we should stop focusing on peace with the current Iranian government and should start focusing on toppling it and replacing it with something just a little less.... evil.

The only people consumed with hate in this situation are the Iranians.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 03-20-2009, 06:48 PM
Bonnie Bonnie is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Where the bluebonnets bloom
Posts: 6,698
Default