Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 03-20-2009, 06:36 PM
Moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa Villaseņor
Honey I am of Israeli/Jordanian decent about 1/4.. I am the first to admit whose trash in that region. Maybe I am just snotty about it though...
I've been there, I've met Syrians, Jordanians, and Israelis. All are good people, as are we. Why we don't see them as such is complicated and rooted in both traditional views and modern day misunderstandings and mistrust.
Old 03-20-2009, 06:38 PM
Moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
I have ZERO respect for Islam

And we will never be seen as friends in the middle east because not all of us pray to allah and put our women in bed sheets.
I'm sure they have ZERO respect for us, too ;)

That's right, we pray to God the Father and strip our women down to shorty shorts and halter tops.

Don't you get it?
Old 03-20-2009, 06:38 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose
I've been there, I've met Syrians, Jordanians, and Israelis. All are good people, as are we. Why we don't see them as such is complicated and rooted in both traditional views and modern day misunderstandings and mistrust.
Jordanians & Israelis are very much open to our Western society and beliefs they show and respect us more VS some of the other countries. Don't get me wrong in each area they have people that still hate us Americans, but the leaders are more supportive of us.
Old 03-20-2009, 06:40 PM
Moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa Villaseņor
Jordanians & Israelis are very much open to our Western society and beliefs they show and respect us more VS some of the other countries. Don't get me wrong in each area they have people that still hate us Americans, but the leaders are more supportive of us.
Any country on the top of the heap will be hated. Part of it is jealousy, part of it is what they see as our apathy.
Old 03-20-2009, 06:46 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Any country on the top of the heap will be hated. Part of it is jealousy, part of it is what they see as our apathy.
They also hate us because we support Israel. So, if our only chance for peace with Iran is to turn on Israel, a nation who has been our loyal ally for over 60 years, then I say that we should stop focusing on peace with the current Iranian government and should start focusing on toppling it and replacing it with something just a little less.... evil.

The only people consumed with hate in this situation are the Iranians.
Old 03-20-2009, 06:48 PM

Quote:
I thought the same thing. How we'll never be seen as friends in the Middle East because of our lack of understanding and respect for the Middle Eastern culture.
Hmmm...let's see, peeing on a picture or burning the American flag and/or a picture of our president...

BTW, do we "know" who that is peeing? Is he one of ours or theirs? I can't tell by his uniform or read his patch. Anybody?

I'm all for understanding and respecting another's culture, but it's pretty hard to do that when all you see and hear from that region (as for the people) are the "radicals".
Old 03-20-2009, 06:49 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
They also hate us because we support Israel. So, if our only chance for peace with Iran is to turn on Israel, a nation who has been our loyal ally for over 60 years, then I say that we should stop focusing on peace with the current Iranian government and should start focusing on toppling it and replacing it with something just a little less.... evil.

The only people consumed with hate in this situation are the Iranians.
Amen 2 that Nate!! They are the 2nd of the evils Iraq was more open about it Iran is and was plain sneaky the entire time!!
Old 03-20-2009, 06:49 PM
Crisco

Quote:
The biggest issue between us and the middle east

Is Mohammed. Simple. That difference will make them want to kill us until we convert. Our women are free to wear whatever they want that was my point. They are EQUAL to men.
Old 03-20-2009, 06:51 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
The biggest issue between us and the middle east

Is Mohammed. Simple. That difference will make them want to kill us until we convert. Our women are free to wear whatever they want that was my point. They are EQUAL to men.
Nah any woman who considers herself equal to a man lacks ambition.. J/k!!
Old 03-20-2009, 06:51 PM
Crisco

I'm for ending every single Muslim Theocracy on this planet.

It's time for people to be able to choose their beliefs, able to follow their beliefs by choice not because of fear of being beheaded.