Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Old 01-17-2012, 09:36 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Default Eugenics is back on the menu

They have created Spider-Goats.

That is to say Goats that have spider genetic material and when you milk them, mixed with the milk is the silk of spiders.

Thank you Utah State University.

Anyone else think this is abhorant...and completely unethically sound!

They want to farm it because the silk is very very, VERY strong...and they declaired Spiders were not farmable because they killed one another.
Old 01-17-2012, 10:11 PM

I heard they (spiders) were not used because they just don't spin enough silk at one time to be profitable. That's why silk worms are farmed rather than spiders.

I read that the farmed "goat silk" will be used to make military armor, etc., which will theoretically be much stronger than what we have now. On the one hand, I am grateful for anything that will save lives of our military. But I am uncomfortable with all this genetic cloning and experimentation. It seems wrong and where will it end?

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 01-17-2012, 10:18 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
I heard they (spiders) were not farmable because they just don't put out a lot of silk at one time. That's why silk worms are farmed rather than spiders.

I read that the farmed "goat silk" will be used to make military armor, etc., which will theoretically be much stronger than what is now used. On the one hand, I am grateful for anything that will save lives of our military. But I am uncomfortable with all this genetic cloning and experimentation. It seems wrong and where will it end?
ohh...yes...they have positive uses...like the yeast cells they are teaching to perspire petrolium rather then alcohol...you know, end of the depandancy on finite oil fields.

The point is not whether the results can have good uses...it whether it should be done.

This ISNT mere cloning...this is "creating" you can only clone what already exists.,..it just means copying something that already exists.

No...these Spider Goats DO NOT exist in the wild. They are a Human CREATED species. This is the next step of Genetically modified

First we copied (Clone)
Then we enhanced (Genetically modified)
Now we are CREATING...we arent modifying a natural thing...or copying a natural thing...we are creating a life form which GOD did not create. We are designing from scratch, at a microbe level...a completely new form of life. One which we designed, fully.

Thats soooo wrong its unspeakable
Old 01-17-2012, 10:19 PM

I don't think this is really "eugenics" as that term applies to social engineering rather than biological (or industrial). But it's still pretty creepy, IMO. It's all messing with genetics, ugh.

Old 01-17-2012, 10:22 PM

Oh, and good points about cloning, modifying and creating, Dave; you are right. I"ll be interested to read what our resident "physic" has to say on the subject.

Old 01-17-2012, 10:27 PM
Administrator

People have been manipulating the DNA of plants and animals for thousands of years through selective breeding. Genesis 30 describes how Jacob made himself wealthy using this form of genetic engineering (interestingly enough, it was with goats as well). So I wouldn't necessarily have a problem with this as long as this new breed of goats is healthy and viable and as long as this new form of engineering stays confined to animals.
Old 01-17-2012, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
People have been manipulating the DNA of plants and animals for thousands of years through selective breeding.
I didn't think about the selective breeding with animals and plants (and I should have as I'm a gardener and interested in hybridizing).

Quote:
Genesis 30 describes how Jacob made himself wealthy using this form of genetic engineering (interestingly enough, it was with goats as well). So I wouldn't necessarily have a problem with this as long as this new breed of goats is healthy and viable and as long as this new form of engineering stays confined to animals.
That's interesting, Nate. It makes me feel a bit better about it.

Old 01-17-2012, 11:57 PM
rearnakedchoke

God gave us animals for us to use ... this is great news .... think about all the medicine we have got from testing on animals, all the meat we eat and chinchilla fur is sooooo soft
Old 01-18-2012, 02:51 AM

Quote:
People have been manipulating the DNA of plants and animals for thousands of years through selective breeding. Genesis 30 describes how Jacob made himself wealthy using this form of genetic engineering (interestingly enough, it was with goats as well). So I wouldn't necessarily have a problem with this as long as this new breed of goats is healthy and viable and as long as this new form of engineering stays confined to animals.
I wouldn't bet on it.
Old 01-18-2012, 08:08 AM
Conrad

Selective breeding is way different from this manipulation. Monsanto-type work isn't selective breeding. Supposedly, Germany already banned Monsanto corn because of evidence of harm to humans (harm to reproductive function if not potential sterilization). What I heard was that Monsanto sued Germany, claiming that they had a right to sell their products and seed globally. They lost. However, unlike the salmon (not a monsanto project), the canola, and the corn, I doubt the spider-goats will accidentally get out into "clean" goat populations.

Cross breeding is fine, but this stuff violates "kind bringing forth after their kind." It's creepy cuz man is playing God. Saw a vid on weather control recently. The leaned a bit on how nature doesn't have it right. Disgusting.

Quick warning. If monsanto pollen blows onto your farm and you don't know it, be forewarned. Their men trespass on farms regularly to test crops, your private property, to see if it has their genes in it. Then, they sue you for PATENT infringement! That's right, they successfully hold you responsible for windblown pollens, like canola and corn, even though you never made a contract with them. Because of them, the planet is almost out of natural corn. Meanwhile, their products are downgrading our health. For more on Monsanto, search for "codex alimentarius monsanto". If their executives have their way at the WTO (codex is a joint between WHO & WTO at the UN), then we won't be permitted to consume any non-GMO food. WTO policy already started a couple years ago that made unlicensed backyard gardens illegal under the WTO/UN. If you think that's silly because you don't see it enforced, enforcement isn't the current function. First, you pass a bunch of laws, then, when a disaster presents opportunity, you start enforcing everything. The only thing standing between now and global slavery is the smoldering US Constitution. Meanwhile, food is being weaponized, today, in your mouth. To bad that 99% of politicians are collectivists...globalists. Look up "agenda 21 rio de janeiro 1992". Had enough yet?

On a happier note, there is one lab that does this work. They do the research with a gene gun, like Monsanto. They did it with different rices. Then, when they find what they want, they destroy all the mutants so that the artificial splices don't get into the natural population unlike Monsanto, and then cross breed to properly bring out the characteristics they found artificially. I forgot the lab's name, but they did great work with rice.

------------------
Dave! You had me jump in shock at the word eugenics! I've been waiting for the other shoe to drop and for eugenics to come up again, but I didn't think the opportunity existed yet. Anyway, it looks like you're catching up to the times! Welcome aboard to reality.

Eugenics (even though dave meant gene-splicing) is lingering out there, in PETA, the Sierra Club, WWF, Nature Conservancy, or any of the other we-changed-the-name-after-WWII-covert-racist-anti-humanity organizations (PETA is more recent, though). I've been expecting those who call humanity "a virus on the planet" to propose sterilization laws again like we had before Hitler made it unpopular. Get this... pre-WWII, Churches participated, measuring congregants and reporting, holding contests.

Last edited by Conrad; 01-18-2012 at 08:19 AM.