Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Matt Hughes

Old 03-20-2009, 03:21 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck
I believe he was referring to the Anderson fight.... and to be fair Matt would be an underdog in that fight.
Matt was the underdog for the first Frank Trigg fight too and look how that worked out for him.
Old 03-20-2009, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
Matt was the underdog for the first Frank Trigg fight too and look how that worked out for him.
That was probably the last time he was considered an underdog...
maybe in GSP 3.

[
Old 03-20-2009, 04:51 PM
Blmfighter

I think Serra is the underdog in this fight. I think the only someone could see Serra having a chance it if he gets one of those hard punches to land or he does not have a chance in this fight.

I'm a hugh fan of Hughes and I will pull for him regardless of who he fights. I don't think that the Silva fight would be a good one for him. It might be a good one as far as money goes but I think Silva is to big, has to much a a reach advantage for Matt.

If they fight I hope Matt beats him!
Old 03-20-2009, 05:14 PM
Stump Rules!

As big as that article was no one understands what the crap he's writing about
Hope he doesn't give up his day job

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 03-20-2009, 05:14 PM
Miss Foxy

OMG Matt please fight Silva one day to shut the world up!! He ain't all that!! Uggggg.....
Old 03-20-2009, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blmfighter
I think Serra is the underdog in this fight. I think the only someone could see Serra having a chance it if he gets one of those hard punches to land or he does not have a chance in this fight.

I'm a hugh fan of Hughes and I will pull for him regardless of who he fights. I don't think that the Silva fight would be a good one for him. It might be a good one as far as money goes but I think Silva is to big, has to much a a reach advantage for Matt.

If they fight I hope Matt beats him!
I agree, Aaron, on being a fan and pulling for Matt no matter who he fights. I, too, am unsure because of the reach advantage Silva would have, if this would be a "good" fight for Matt.

Having said that, I would never count Matt out. Like Nathan said, he's done it before with the odds against him and I have no doubt he could do it again.

I've heard Matt and others say, "you never know what can happen in a fight."
Old 03-20-2009, 05:22 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie
I agree, Aaron, on being a fan and pulling for Matt no matter who he fights. I, too, am unsure because of the reach advantage Silva would have, if this would be a "good" fight for Matt.

Having said that, I would never count Matt out. Like Nathan said, he's done it before with the odds against him and I have no doubt he could do it again.

I've heard Matt and others say, "you never know what can happen in a fight."
Yes!! Exactly plus Matt does not get intimidated or so he doesnt show weakness in that sense..I feel like fighting Silva lol!! .. So tired of hearing his size, his reach advantage,blah blah.. Woomp woomp.. (charlie brown style)....
Old 03-20-2009, 05:36 PM

Anderson seems like a nice enough guy but I would like to see someone beat him (not GSP!) and if that could be Matt...WOW! I'd love to see Matt "trigg" Anderson!

My first fight to see Matt was Trigg 2. I believe (and it's okay if no one agrees with me on this) that Trigg "deliberately" kneed Matt in that fight. I think he knew exactly where that ref was and that he wouldn't see it and he didn't. But that's okay cause it didn't matter anyway except to pump Matt up more. Trigg's corner was going crazy trying to get "Nagi" to stop the fight. They knew that if it wasn't stopped right then, that their boy was more than likely going to lose. And, he DID!

So never say never especially in the same breath that you say the name Matt Hughhhhhhhhhhes!
Old 03-20-2009, 09:12 PM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
And I would love nothing more then to see that again
Old 03-21-2009, 02:19 AM
Blmfighter

I would love to see Matt win a fight with Anderson.