Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 03-22-2012, 07:50 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Default Dana White doesn't like Soccer

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...een-pussified/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana White
"Can’t stand soccer. It’s the least-talented sport on Earth. There’s a reason three-year-olds can play soccer. When you’re playing a game when the net is that big and the score is 3-1 (and that’s a blowout) are you kidding me? You know how untalented you have to be to score three times when the net is that big?"
I don't even like soccer, but are you serious? This is an irresponsible comment by a guy who is "supposed" to act like a professional. He is the head of the biggest MMA organization in the world and claims he wants to make MMA the biggest sport in the world, but you don't hear any other respectable leaders in other sports making inflammatory comments like this. Also, it's not like this is the first bonehead comment by Dana.

I get it, he speaks his mind and fans feel like they can relate to that brutal honesty, but that don't mean it's the right way to go. Did he even bother to think about what people in Brazil may think of those comments? Yeah, 3 year old kids can play soccer, but 3 year old kids can also fight. So what's his point? Is he suggesting that 3 year old kids could compete in the World Cup?

The UFC is HUGE all over the world now and it's still growing. We really don't need the shock value of some of his outlandish comments to generate interest in the sport anymore. That's not to say he isn't entitled to his opinion, but from a PR standpoint he may wanna learn when to put a sock in it.
Old 03-22-2012, 09:13 PM

Yeah, it's kind of weird how he goes off an a tangent from talking about his thoughts on fighting in hockey to how lame he thinks soccer is, lol.

I'm not a soccer fan either & I think Brett 'Hitman' Hart said it best...it's basically 'organized jogging'.
Old 03-22-2012, 09:16 PM
I♥The♔COUNT

Those football players (practicing my Brit talk) can teach a lot of his fighters about cardio very ignorant Dana.. SMH
Old 03-22-2012, 09:18 PM
I♥The♔COUNT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavetar View Post
Yeah, it's kind of weird how he goes off an a tangent from talking about his thoughts on fighting in hockey to how lame he thinks soccer is, lol.

I'm not a soccer fan either & I think Brett 'Hitman' Hart said it best...it's basically 'organized jogging'.
You have to be in ridiculously great shape to run about that field. Soccer players are true athletes... Not Condit joggers..Athletes..
Old 03-22-2012, 09:32 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

I don't deny that Soccer IS one of the easier sports on planet earth, but let's think about Dana's logic here...

According to Dana, Soccer is full of talentless hacks because the net is big and matches that are 3-1 are considered blowouts...

I believe the average score of an NFL game is 21-17.

An American football field is 120 yards long (each end zone is 10 yards), and roughly 54 yards wide. That is considerably bigger than any soccer goal I've ever seen, but can you imagine the backlash here in the states if Dana said it takes no talent to play in the NFL?

A touchdown is worth 6 points. If we only counted ONE point for each touchdown, that number would obviously be considerably lower. So, without adding "extra point attempts" or "field goals", the typical score of an NFL game would be 3-2. Do I need to say any more?

Dana, we love ya bro, but just stop....
Old 03-22-2012, 10:10 PM

Just proving what a stupid, fat bald moron he really is.
Old 03-22-2012, 11:33 PM

well, seeing as guys like messi, cr and others are worth over 100 mill .. if soccer were easy, everyone would be rich ... just cuz you don't like it, doesn't mean you have to bad mouth it .. someone can easlily twist it on mma and say jon jones has only been training for a few years and is already a champ ... you couldn't do that in any other sport
Old 03-22-2012, 11:37 PM

His comments about soccer are idiotic. So soccer players have no talent and aren't athletes as opposed to hockey players? He talks about the speed of hockey players and how talented they are to get the puck in that small net with their crooked sticks! Give me a break! They are on ice for one thing with skates and the puck is skimming across the ice which does factor in getting it's speed getting past the goalie who does have a smaller area to cover than a soccer goalie! Same with the area covered on a soccer field which they run, fast, and still have to keep control of the ball across that large area. Has he even ever watched soccer? He must not have otherwise he would have seen just what talented athletes they are with their footwork, speed, agility and cardio and he wouldn't be spouting such nonsense. And I mean no disrespect to hockey players who I do see as skilled athletes. In fact, hockey players and soccer players have a lot in common (bolded) in regards to their respective sports. As for violence, yeah, I'd say hockey players commit more violence against each other in a game than soccer players do; soccer fans, on the other hand...I can't think of another sport that has fans with that kind of insane, passionate propensity for violence, and that includes hockey fans. I don't think even Dana would be stupid enough to call them p*****s to their faces!
Old 03-22-2012, 11:39 PM

had to post this
Old 03-22-2012, 11:39 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
well, seeing as guys like messi, cr and others are worth over 100 mill .. if soccer were easy, everyone would be rich ... just cuz you don't like it, doesn't mean you have to bad mouth it .. someone can easlily twist it on mma and say jon jones has only been training for a few years and is already a champ ... you couldn't do that in any other sport
two words.....Tank Abbott.

and to quote Dana.... "Tank Abbott absolutely will be in our hall of fame".