Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Old 03-20-2009, 05:27 AM
kyle

Default Pray for our troops

As some of you may know, the U.S. military's suicides have increased. My Battalion has lost 5 soldiers in less than a year, due to suicide. And 3 of them since December.

Well last night (18Mar) we lost another soldier, and this one was in my company. He suffered from PTSD and was on terminal leave, he was 12 days from being out of the Army and he decided to end his life. This unit i'm in is filled with soldiers that suffer from TBI, PTSD or lost a limb. So it is very depressing.

I've been fighting to stay in the military for the last year now, and I finally got some good news this week. Their going to let me be a Squad leader here at the WTU. So now I will have a very difficult challenge of working with these soldiers that have these problems, as well as my own issues. I know I can do it, I just hope I can stay strong and keep doing what ever I can to help these other soldiers out, because were losing to many fine young warriors.

I just ask if you can maybe say a prayer for these soldiers and their families. I'm sorry if this is a little long, but I felt I needed to say something, and I know a lot of you are pretty good listeners.

Thanks for listening,

Kyle
Old 03-20-2009, 06:11 AM
Stump Rules!

I'll say a prayer for them and for you Kyle.Stay strong.They really need people like you

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 03-20-2009, 06:25 AM
Chuck

Of course brother!! Keep up the good work there Kyle!!
Old 03-20-2009, 06:26 AM

You all will be in my prayers, Kyle. Like Michelle said, stay strong. I'm sure you being one of them and understanding where they've been and what they've been through can only be a helpful thing.

God bless you and all of our men and women serving to protect us whether you are serving overseas or here at home.

Take care and may God keep you all in the palm of his hand.
Old 03-20-2009, 12:07 PM

I will pray for them, Kyle. Take care of yourself out there.

[
Old 03-20-2009, 01:57 PM
Miss Foxy

Kyle,
My prayers are with you all. I am so sorry to hear about the loss of this soldier. Very sad
If you or anyone around you needs any supplies PM me and I will be sure to get it out. Once again sorry for the loss and indeed your in our prayers.
Stay strong,
Old 03-21-2009, 04:52 AM
kyle

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.

I use to look down on people that tried or did take their own life. Now i look at it differently. I see things differently now. I look at it more as they need help, and I want to get these people the help they deserve. I know what they were feeling at one point in my life, and with my experience I can show them they will be all right. Unfortunately this soldier in my company that took his life this week, does have a wife he leaves behind. I personally didn't know him that well. but it breaks my heart to see this happen. A friend I served in OIF 3 with took his own life after we got back from Iraq in 2006 and he had a wife & 2 children and 1 child was a special needs child. So I think my mission now is to keep soldiers from hurting themselves and others and get them the help they need....once again thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.....kyle
Old 03-21-2009, 02:41 PM

It must be so difficult for them to transition back into what once was their "normal" lives. It must seem so unreal to them. These men and women have been over there so long that that has become the "norm", their everyday job and life.

I guess for some of them, in their heads, it's like a transmission in a car that won't shift gears properly; they can't seem to shift back into their lives here at home. And that's completely understandable after what they've seen and had to do over there. For some of them, it must seem like an impossible feat to overcome especially as they watch their family and friends going about their everday ordinary lives. I'll be praying for them and you. I have a feeling you're going to be one of God's "tools"...

Keep the faith, Kyle. God Bless!

Last edited by Bonnie; 03-21-2009 at 03:55 PM.
Old 03-22-2009, 12:57 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

I will pray also...I hope your government and Military service can do more to practically help people who are suffering from brain injury, or from trauma in some way in the future.

This seems to be a problem, I hope they duly decide to address it.
Old 03-22-2009, 02:59 PM

I'll definetly pray for you and the men and women out there serving and those returning.

Its tragic to hear such things but great that you might be able to makea difference.

My thoughts are with you.