Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 03-23-2012, 01:59 PM

Medicaid in many states pays for abortions, so your tax dollars are already funding abortion whether you like it or not. Disgusting.
Old 03-24-2012, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella79 View Post
Yes. My bestie is Canadian. She's always calling the RN hotline before she can go to be seen.
your bestie may call the RN hotline before she go's but she doesn't have too....its set up for people to get advice without actually going to see a doctor...if the problem warrants seeing a Doctor then they will advise you to go but you can go to an emergency room without talking to anyone any time you want.
Old 03-25-2012, 08:19 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

I have a big problem with Romney.

He isnt a Christian

I liked the guy who promised to invest in space, because I hate to say this, but I dont think we will sort out some of the issues we have, and may one day need to leave. I think of space like I think of clean energy...people should be investing in it now, even though its expensive...coz when the other options konk out its too late to START then.

There is one thing I DO like about Mormons though....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpZ3jPMM5Ac

Old 03-26-2012, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
I have a big problem with Romney.

He isnt a Christian

I liked the guy who promised to invest in space, because I hate to say this, but I dont think we will sort out some of the issues we have, and may one day need to leave. I think of space like I think of clean energy...people should be investing in it now, even though its expensive...coz when the other options konk out its too late to START then.

There is one thing I DO like about Mormons though....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpZ3jPMM5Ac

was it you that some time ago said that the US president had to be a Christian?
Old 03-26-2012, 03:21 PM
I♥The♔COUNT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
Well I love that idea. It would save me a lot of trouble at work. We had a lady who woke up with a "charlie horse" (her words) in her leg at 2 am and came to the emergency room.

Nurse: Ma'am on a scale from 1-10 how bad is your leg hurting?
Lady: 0.
Nurse:
Lady: Er, well, it is not hurting now. But it lasted for probaly, um, 4 or 5 whole minutes! I thought maybe that meant something was wrong.
Nurse:
Lady: Well, I read on the internet that it could mean.......

Later when nurse walks out of room:

Nurse -->
I can't stand people like that!! They clog up the ER's and the people with true emergencies have to sit or the poor nurses have to sit there and explain to these idiots Prudent Layperson! GRRRRRRRR.. I find most of these idiots in the ER have either state aid or low ER co-pays. A person with a $250 co-pay surely isn't going to go in for a little cramp! lol
Old 03-28-2012, 07:24 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
was it you that some time ago said that the US president had to be a Christian?
Its designed thus, yes. Obviously its not denominationally specific because that would be to set up an established Church by default, and that would be unconstitutional...although, you will note that National Cathedral in the Capitol IS Denominationally specific...it only really plays host to national ceremonial events...its not to be confused with an American See akin to some Primacy. That to the Americans would be unspeakably ugly....although Ironically...it actually IS the Primacy for the Entire American Episcopal Church. Washingto National Cathedral is wholly inappropriate for a society governed by the American Constitution...but because America is so interdenominational...people only see it as head of a particular denomination, and not head of the entire Christian Church in America...infact, I dare say thats mostly because The Southern Baptists actually have a far greater impact on the society, and thus they have almost neutralized, this psedo pretense of Washington National as anything representative of wholistic Christondom...but its important to note, because all you need is a President who vehemently opposes the Episcopalian See...and if National pulled rank...I think that the whole church/state thing would suddenly blow up in everyones face big time.

The point was that America shouldnt NEED an established church, because the founding Fathers probably never conceived of a secular culture. The removal of the church/state link was NOT to encouargage secularism, it was merely to STOP wars WITHIN Christondom. I dont think they ever thought of other faiths, or no faiths....the implication is that everyone is Christian...and everyone may be free to worship how they wish. That is the legacy of the Reformation and the English Civil War...that different Denominations of the same faith turned on each other, charged each other with false witness, and the blood of many martyres was spilt. Thats why people left for the collonies...thats what put NEW into the New World.

So to have a President that is not Christian actually threatens the foundations of the entire document. Why? because its designed as a Christian Utopia...remove religion from that, and you exclude GOD...if GOD becomes irrelevent, then the US Constitution becomes nothing but a set of rules, so twisted out of context that they may creat the very society that they were supposed to prevent from ever occuring again.

Mormonism is not a Christian Denomination. Its a Cult. The only reason I am not outraged and making a scene, is because the classification of Denominations has been known to shift. In the time of the Constitution, the Freemasons and Deists were recognised as a Christians Denomination...now most people do not accept them anymore...for want of a better word, they have been ex-communicated by the zeitgiest since...there may come a time when the Mormons are accepted by Christianity...they do at least have the Bible...which is more then we can say for any other Religion.

What I am saying is...its a Cult, but at least its a Christian Cult...its a step below what the constitution aspires to...but a step above disaster...

Perish the thought that a future President would be a Heathen...or someone of an opposing faith. without a revival of epic proportions however, this will eventually happen...and when it does, I suppose the last great vestige of Christondom will have been extinguished.
Old 03-29-2012, 01:07 AM

yeah what you said ... i just find it funny that people were up in arms because they felt that obama wasn't a christian and there was even a big thread about it .. now they are willing to vote in a guy regardless of his religion ... LOL
Old 03-29-2012, 02:57 PM
Formerly Dethbob

Quote:
people were up in arms because they felt that obama wasn't a christian and there was even a big thread about it
I donít remember that, was that on this forum? Do you have a link?

Quote:
now they are willing to vote in a guy regardless of his religion ... LOL
Given a choice between a competent Mormon and an incompetent Liberation Theologist, which would you suggest?
Old 03-29-2012, 02:59 PM
I♥The♔COUNT

Quote:
yeah what you said ... i just find it funny that people were up in arms because they felt that obama wasn't a christian and there was even a big thread about it .. now they are willing to vote in a guy regardless of his religion ... LOL
The lesser threat to me is a Mormon >Muslim anyday ending with Y.
Old 03-29-2012, 03:00 PM
I♥The♔COUNT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadawn View Post
Medicaid in many states pays for abortions, so your tax dollars are already funding abortion whether you like it or not. Disgusting.
They need to have depo shots for these women depending on state aid you don't want the government controlling your family planning don't use the aid! This coming from a Catholic.lol.