Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 03-22-2012, 02:01 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Women and men can also get free testing for std's at the health dept. Women can get their yearly exams there for free.

Tons of these people come to the emergency room to get these tests though. They run up a huge bill and just don't pay it. Leaving it for the tax payers to worry about. When you ask why they didn't go to the health dept where the test is free, they usually say that because the wait was too long. You know why the wait is so long? Because the health dept is ran by the government. So when Obama Care kicks in then all medicial facilities will slowly become managed just like the local health dept.
Old 03-22-2012, 02:18 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
You know why the wait is so long? Because the health dept is ran by the government. So when Obama Care kicks in then all medicial facilities will slowly become managed just like the local health dept.
It was my 10 years in the Army that convinced me that I wanted nothing to do with government run healthcare. When you are put on a 6-month waiting list for a blood test and then show up for your appointment only to have it cancelled and postponed another 3 months, then it's pretty convincing evidence that the US government is just as incompetent at running healthcare as they are at everything else.
Old 03-22-2012, 03:21 PM

yeah, i wouldn't have faith in the gov't running things if i were you guys either ... had to get my license renewed at the canadian version of the dmv, put a dollar in the parking meter which was enought for 45 minutes .. was out in 5 ... can go to any doctor with my health card and get a check up, blood test xray, whatever and don't have to worry about paying there ... obamacare may be a bad model for universal health care, but it doesn't mean it won't work ...
Old 03-22-2012, 06:27 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
obamacare may be a bad model for universal health care, but it doesn't mean it won't work ...
If it forces American taxpayers to fund abortions, then it doesn't matter if it works or not. It's immoral and should be declared unconstitutional.
Old 03-22-2012, 08:20 PM
SupaDupaMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
yeah, i wouldn't have faith in the gov't running things if i were you guys either ... had to get my license renewed at the canadian version of the dmv, put a dollar in the parking meter which was enought for 45 minutes .. was out in 5 ... can go to any doctor with my health card and get a check up, blood test xray, whatever and don't have to worry about paying there ... obamacare may be a bad model for universal health care, but it doesn't mean it won't work ...
Do you guys have to call a RN hotline before making a trip to the emergency room?
Old 03-22-2012, 09:14 PM
I♥The♔COUNT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
Do you guys have to call a RN hotline before making a trip to the emergency room?
Yes. My bestie is Canadian. She's always calling the RN hotline before she can go to be seen.
Old 03-22-2012, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
He'll only beat Obama if Ron Paul is his running mate. Otherwise, a huge portion of the Republican vote will vote for Ron Paul as an independent or write in.
I don't know about "huge", but I am concerned "enough" will vote for him to possibly make the difference that's going to give us another 4 years of Obama.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadawn View Post
I would vote for most any Republican over Obama, but I had been pulling for Santorum.

As for the free birth control, people who look for handouts generally vote Democrat anyway, so it's not like Obama's swaying any new votes with that. I think a lot of people that voted for Obama last time because they were young and stupid and caught up in the media hype are now 4 years older, wiser and ticked off at the crappy situation we're now in and will vote smarter this time.

At least I HOPE!
He might lose some of those independents who understand now what their vote got them, but that still leaves a lot of people who simply voted color to see a first black president elected and/or because of what they thought that was going to get them as far as "change". I guess we'll have to wait to see whether or not the spell of his charm and charisma and pretty words that worked so well last time for him is still strong enough to win over the reality.
Old 03-22-2012, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella79 View Post
Yes. My bestie is Canadian. She's always calling the RN hotline before she can go to be seen.
nah, you don't have to ... i never have ... they have an RN line that i call when the kids are sick, but that is just to get advice at like 3am ... don't know where she lives, but i am in toronto and have no problems getting into emerg ... in fact, the hospital that is closest to me has a fast track so if you gotta get xrays, stitches etc you get put through that track and are out in an hour or so ...
Old 03-22-2012, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
If it forces American taxpayers to fund abortions, then it doesn't matter if it works or not. It's immoral and should be declared unconstitutional.
well, about 10% of abortions are already paid by the gov't, so sadly, your tax dollars are probably already going to abortion ... and doesn't mean the universal health care means everything is free ... up here things like abortions (last time i checked), plastic surgery etc are not covered ...
Old 03-23-2012, 01:32 AM
SupaDupaMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella79 View Post

Well I love that idea. It would save me a lot of trouble at work. We had a lady who woke up with a "charlie horse" (her words) in her leg at 2 am and came to the emergency room.

Nurse: Ma'am on a scale from 1-10 how bad is your leg hurting?
Lady: 0.
Nurse:
Lady: Er, well, it is not hurting now. But it lasted for probaly, um, 4 or 5 whole minutes! I thought maybe that meant something was wrong.
Nurse:
Lady: Well, I read on the internet that it could mean.......

Later when nurse walks out of room:

Nurse -->

Last edited by Neezar; 03-23-2012 at 01:37 AM.