Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 03-08-2012, 01:14 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Edgar got forced into rematches because they made the most sense at the time given the circumstances. This immediate rematch feels like it's only happening because of the heavy push from Edgar supporters. Thats kinda how the first fight with Frankie and BJ went.... Whatever though, Bendo will just whoop him worse the 2nd time around.
Old 03-08-2012, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
Edgar got forced into rematches because they made the most sense at the time given the circumstances. This immediate rematch feels like it's only happening because of the heavy push from Edgar supporters. Thats kinda how the first fight with Frankie and BJ went.... Whatever though, Bendo will just whoop him worse the 2nd time around.
But who else deserves a title shot? Pettis is only on a 2 fight win streak, Jim Miller is only on a 1 fight winnign streak and and Diaz is only on a 2 fight streak as well. They all need to win 1 or 2 more fights to get a title shot IMO. Also the fight was close enough that I would be willing, and excited, to watch a rematch. I do think that Henderson easily wins the rematch though, in fact I had the first fight scored either 49-46 or 48-47 for Henderson.

^this is what perfection looks like
Old 03-08-2012, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
I think that if there is a clear cut #1 contender then you dont do the rematch, but in this case no one really stands out in the LW division so I'm fine with it.
I think you should post more often so I can Keep Looking at your Sig!!

Oh !!!! B r i t t n e y !!!!
Old 03-08-2012, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
Yeah only that time it was the BJ Nuthuggers who where asking for the rematch cause their champ got Beat.

This should be a great rematch regardless.
Old 03-08-2012, 03:47 PM
Student of the Sport

Quote:
But who else deserves a title shot? Pettis is only on a 2 fight win streak, Jim Miller is only on a 1 fight winnign streak and and Diaz is only on a 2 fight streak as well. They all need to win 1 or 2 more fights to get a title shot IMO. Also the fight was close enough that I would be willing, and excited, to watch a rematch. I do think that Henderson easily wins the rematch though, in fact I had the first fight scored either 49-46 or 48-47 for Henderson.
I agree....I would actually like to see Pettis/Maynard. Then the winner fight the winner of Miller/Diaz. That would give a true #1 contender.
Old 03-08-2012, 04:03 PM
I♥The♔COUNT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
Yeah only that time it was the BJ Nuthuggers who where asking for the rematch cause their champ got Beat.

This should be a great rematch regardless.
Javi, What the and ..
Old 03-08-2012, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
I think you should post more often so I can Keep Looking at your Sig!!

Oh !!!! B r i t t n e y !!!!
she's my octagon girl go find you own

Old 03-08-2012, 06:36 PM
I♥The♔COUNT

Quote:
I think that if there is a clear cut #1 contender then you dont do the rematch, but in this case no one really stands out in the LW division so I'm fine with it.
Pettis/Miller/Maynard/Diaz/Cerrone (even after a loss) don't stand out? I am scratching my head I think this division is on fire.
Old 03-08-2012, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella79 View Post
Pettis/Miller/Maynard/Diaz/Cerrone (even after a loss) don't stand out? I am scratching my head I think this division is on fire.
They are all amazing fighters but none of those 5 guys is a clear cut #1 contender. Maynard and Cerrone lost their last fight and Pettis, Miller and Diaz are all on 1 or 2 fight win streaks. No one is a clear cut #1 contender.

Old 03-08-2012, 08:18 PM

Quote:
They are all amazing fighters but none of those 5 guys is a clear cut #1 contender. Maynard and Cerrone lost their last fight and Pettis, Miller and Diaz are all on 1 or 2 fight win streaks. No one is a clear cut #1 contender.
Yeah I agree Frankie is deserving and the only real contender unless they bring Melendez from Strikeforce which they wont.