Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Matt Hughes

Old 03-14-2012, 02:15 AM
Administrator

Default BLOG: Ammo To Go

From Matt's blog:

Quote:
I'm just headed back from Texas. I've been down with Texas Trophy Hunters filming a commercial for a new sponsor called Ammo To Go. This is an ammunition company where you order off of the internet and it will be shipped directly to your door. The shoot was a lot of fun as I generally have a good time with all the TTHA folk. Here is a picture that was snapped during some of the filming:

A couple of weekends ago I went over to the Arnold Classic and sat at the Lone Star Distribution booth. The Arnold Classic was very busy, I sat for 4 hours on Friday and another 4 hours on Saturday for Lone Star and I never saw the end of the line. The good thing about going to a place like that is that you get to see a lot of "pretty" people. Male or female you could just tell that people took good care of themselves and I'm a fan of people being healthy.

Sharon is a lady from Lone Star that I dealt with, she also does some writing and wrote this up. I found it a pretty interesting article so I wanted to post it.

Matt Hughes: Raw. Determined. Real.

I had a great time with Lone Star and actually with all of the people at the Arnold. A 4-hour signing can be pretty brutal, but all in all I met some great people and I had a lot of fun.

My boy Joey and I are on this week's show for Trophy Hunters TV on the Outdoor Channel. It airs Wednesday at 7 AM. So, Wednesday morning at 7 AM, Joey and I are always watching TV with a bowl of cereal in front of us. If you get the Outdoor Channel, tune in tomorrow morning or Saturday night.

Quote:
Tuesday at 6pm EST / 5pm CST
Wednesday at 8am EST / 7am CST
Saturday at 8pm EST / 7pm CST
The show description for this week:

Quote:
NORTH TEXAS WHITETAILS
(Airs the week of March 12, 2012)
In this two-part episode, we head to north Texas, where we visit Rio Rojo Rancho in search of trophy whitetails. Then we travel 200 miles west where we find Matt Hughes and son Joey, hunting the elusive feral hog and whitetail.
The Bible verse for this week:

Quote:
Jesus gave His life for our sins, just as God our Father planned, in order to rescue us from this evil world in which we live. (Galatians 1:4)
-matt
Old 03-14-2012, 12:00 PM

thanks for the update matt !!!!
Old 03-14-2012, 01:42 PM
Formerly Dethbob

If Matt’s got a hookup with an ammo distributor, someone should look into producing an MH line of ammo for 308 WIN and 40 SW, hunting and self defense loads with a 170 grain bullet and ‘Slam’ or ‘Dominant’ on the label.

Not that Matt doesn’t have enough projects already, I just have a birthday coming up and this way everyone would know what to get me!
Old 03-14-2012, 02:09 PM
Hailey's Dad

You forgot to mention the highlight of meeting me outside the hotel.

Was very cool to finally meet you Matt.
Old 03-14-2012, 02:31 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRShrek View Post
If Matt’s got a hookup with an ammo distributor, someone should look into producing an MH line of ammo for 308 WIN and 40 SW, hunting and self defense loads with a 170 grain bullet and ‘Slam’ or ‘Dominant’ on the label.

Not that Matt doesn’t have enough projects already, I just have a birthday coming up and this way everyone would know what to get me!
Old 03-15-2012, 03:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRShrek View Post

lol, right? how about some 9mm and 5.56 too?
Old 03-15-2012, 01:08 PM
Formerly Dethbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by huan View Post
lol, right? how about some 9mm and 5.56 too?
I’m not sure how I would work the 170 number into a Parabelum or .223 load, but I’m sure it would be awesome!

With the 308 and 40 it’s a perfect fit. Sniper and match loads for the 308 run in the 168-175 grain range, so a 170 would fit right in. It would have enough velocity to get out there and enough weight to hit like bad news. I recently tried some 165 grain plinkers in my 4006 and was very impressed. They seem to shoot a LOT flatter than the 180s for no apparent reason, and have a bit less recoil. I’m sure a 170 would do as well.

I know Matt likes the 308, I don’t know if he has a 40SW but this would give him an excuse to pick one up!
Old 03-15-2012, 10:12 PM

Glad it turned out to be a fun weekend for you Matt, thanks for the update.

Not to mention you and County Mike finally met.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 03-16-2012, 02:52 AM

I look forward to seeing the commercial!

[