Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Sports

Old 02-29-2012, 05:13 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default Dereck Chisora suspended indefinitely following David Haye brawl on Feb. 18

From MMAMania.com:

Quote:

So much for the theory about mixed martial artists being bloodthirsty savages.

British heavyweight boxer Dereck Chisora was suspended indefinitely yesterday (Feb. 28, 2012) following his post-fight melee with former WBA champion David Haye after losing a unanimous decision to Vitali Klitschko over in Germany earlier this month.

From ESPN:
Quote:
The WBC said it is also giving Chisora a "serious fine," but that the amount will be determined after a hearing.

Chisora will be taken off the WBC rankings and is banned from fighting for its title. However, it does not prevent him from fighting for titles sanctioned by the WBA or IBF.

The WBC added that it is demanding that Chisora seeks treatment for anger management, "after which his suspension will be reconsidered."

The British Boxing Board of Control is also investigating Chisora's behavior and could impose further sanctions.
More details, along with video of the press conference brawl, after the jump.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pazs1...layer_embedded

The entire "Klitschko vs. Chisora" Boxing event was marred by various acts of lunacy on Chisora's part, including an incident that saw him spit water in Vitali's brother Wladimir's face before the fight and another where he threatened to cancel the bout altogether over a hand-wrapping issue.

Then, when all was said and done inside the ring (which was a mess after the bout with all sides still going at each other's throats), the post-fight press conference happened. And as you can see in the video above, it quickly devolved into madness.

Fellow pugilist David Haye was in attendance and he was egging on Chisora, who responded in kind. Eventually, they got into it and an all-out brawl broke out. Not long after, Chisora made death threats, telling Haye and anyone else who was listening that he was going to shoot him.

The moral of the story? Ban MMA!

For complete "Klitschko vs. Chisora" results and blow-by-blow, round-by-round coverage of the action click here and here.
Old 03-01-2012, 11:26 AM

Chisora is an absolute disgrace. He should never be allowed to box again, ever.
Old 03-01-2012, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buc Nasty View Post
Chisora is an absolute disgrace. He should never be allowed to box again, ever.
well, tyson was allowed to box after he cannabilized evander .. so he'll get to fight again ... but i agree, he is a disgrace .....
Old 03-01-2012, 05:16 PM

Should he have been allowed though? Although I enjoyed watching him get schooled by Lennox so I guess I'd enjoy watching Chisora pay for it too.
Old 03-01-2012, 05:23 PM

no, he shouldn't have ... not only for his in ring antics, but cuz he was also on the decline .. and even though i love lennox (as he is pretty much canadian, i am sure you will beg to differ) ... lennox fought mike when he was way on his decline ... yes, he still schooled him none the less .....
Old 03-01-2012, 06:40 PM

Well yeah considering he was born in London and moved to Canada when he was 11 or 12 years old. He sounds Canadian though! Tyson was never the same after he lost to Douglas. Holyfield pretty much schooled him in their first fight as well. That fight is one of my all time favourites.
Old 03-01-2012, 07:22 PM

well, he did win an olympic gold for canada and learn to box here ... so he may be british, but never will lose his canadian identity .. still one of my fav fighters ... regardless of his nationality ...