Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 02-26-2012, 01:09 PM

great nite of fights .. i think this is the first time ever i watched every fight on a card ... pretty cool ... i think the title fight was great ... close fight .. i think bendo won ... rampage looked awful and he fought injured .. i think he just really wanted to fight in japan ... i really enjoyed the fukuda/cantwell fight ... the mark hunt fight may have been stopped early, but its hard to say ... kongo has this weird ability to recover fast, but when you have a guy like hunt standing over top of you ... its scary .. good stoppage ...
Old 02-26-2012, 01:19 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
great nite of fights .. i think this is the first time ever i watched every fight on a card ... pretty cool ... i think the title fight was great ... close fight .. i think bendo won ... rampage looked awful and he fought injured .. i think he just really wanted to fight in japan ... i really enjoyed the fukuda/cantwell fight ... the mark hunt fight may have been stopped early, but its hard to say ... kongo has this weird ability to recover fast, but when you have a guy like hunt standing over top of you ... its scary .. good stoppage ...
I agree with everything you said about the PPV fights (I didn't get to see anything before that since yesterday was the last game of VCU's regular season).
Old 02-26-2012, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
Rampage Jackson vs. Ryan Bader

Ryan Bader def. Quinton Jackson via unanimous decision (30-27 x 3)
Glad for Bader.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
Frankie Edgar vs. Ben Henderson

Round 1:
Henderson takes the center of the cage. Henderson throws a leg kick. Edgar catches it and Henderson tries to kick with his other leg. Edgar ducks under the kick and Henderson falls down. Edgar lands a punch from the top but Henderson's back to his feet quickly. Edgar with his typical side to side movement, creating angles. Edgar catches another kick and fires off a few back leg kicks and a punch before letting it go. Edgar with a body punch. Edgar looks well schooled on Henderson's attacked, as he's catching many of Henderson's kicks. Henderson scores with a straight left. Edgar takes him down briefly. Back to their feet, Henderson with a knee to the face. Edgar with a left hook. A competitive first round goes to Edgar, 10-9.

Round 2:
Edgar with right and left kicks early. A Henderson right cross lands. Edgar has some redness around his left eye. Henderson starting to get more confident and moving forward. Edgar takes Henderson down again and looks to work to his back, but instead breaks his grip and lets him go. Edgar going heavy with the leg kicks while Henderson is targeting the mouse forming under Edgar's eye with the jab. Edgar with a takedown inside of the round's final minute. Edgar with elbows from the top. Henderson hurt Edgar with an upkick and ended up on top. The kick looks like it broke Edgar's nose. Henderson ended the round on top but only for a few seconds. The round goes to Edgar 10-9.

Round 3:
Edgar with a nice combo. Edgar fakes a takedown and lands a right hook. He doesn't look any worse for the wear despite the big kick. Edgar and Henderson threw simultaneous kicks and Edgar ended up on the ground. Henderson tried to swarm but Edgar got to the fence and wall walked up to his feet without taking any more damage. Henderson is finding his stride now. This is his best overall round, and he's been in the center of the cage for most of it. Edgar gets a late takedown but MMA Fighting scores it for Henderson, 10-9.

Round 4:
Henderson seems to have better timing on Edgar's offense, firing off the jab as Edgar closes. Edgar's changing things up by switching to southpaw occasionally. A kick by Henderson lands low and causes a timeout. Edgar lands a hard right hand as Henderson steps forward. Edgar slams him down but Henderson hooks on a guillotine. Edgar doesn't panic and separates Henderson's legs, causing him to break the hold. Edgar catches another kick, which has been a running theme of the fight. He lands a straight right and Henderson answers with a knee as Edgar pulls out. Another close round, but MMA Fighting scores it for Henderson 10-9.

Round 5:
Henderson with a straight left hand. Edgar's cutman did a great job of limiting the blood but now it's coming down his face again. Edgar lands a straight left. Moments later an overhand right. A takedown from Edgar but he can't hold Henderson down. Edgar lands an uppercut and Henderson goes down. It was tough to tell whether he slipped or it was from the punch. Edgar steps into a left hook. Henderson has the center of the cage but Edgar is more active here. Henderson dancing around, showing he's still fresh as we go under 30 seconds left. Henderson lands a jumping knee and takes Edgar down in the final seconds. Oh boy, what a close fight. Edgar landed more, but Henderson landed harder. Someone's going home unhappy. MMA Fighting scores it for Edgar, 10-9.

Winner: Ben Henderson via unanimous decision (49-46, 49-46, 48-47)

So mmafighting had Edgar winning?...what did the judges see differently to give it to Henderson? (I didn't see the fights so...)
Old 02-26-2012, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
That was one heck of a fight & I'm stoked that Ben won it. Not gonna, it's kinda bull$h!t that Dana's not giving Frankie a rematch after he forced him into back-to-back rematches for his first 4 title fights. The UFC really wants to force him down to 145.
I agree with you Ben I think its BS that Dana is not giving Frankie a rematch since he did force all the other ones on him! Even if he does give Frankie a rematch it would suck for him to have some many rematches back to back.

Why Is nobody Talking about Tim Boetsch Incredible comeback against Okami

Rampage Looked Horrible!! In The first minute I thought maybe he had something going... he swung wildly but came close to connecting. After that it all went down hill! Ryan Looked pretty good I think He gassed a Little bit.

I thought Frankie eeked out a Split Decision since he landed more takedowns and more punches! Not to mention he was the Champion. If It wasnt for that Up kick Bendo landed Frankies face wouldnt have gotten that messed up.

Bendo had the two submission attempts but I feel that Frankie landed the most.

Im not taking anything away from Bendo though he looked pretty good like always.
Old 02-27-2012, 12:15 AM

according to fight metric , Henderson landed more strikes, 100 - 81, and they gave they win to Henderson also.
Old 02-27-2012, 01:10 AM
Student of the Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
I agree with you Ben I think its BS that Dana is not giving Frankie a rematch since he did force all the other ones on him! Even if he does give Frankie a rematch it would suck for him to have some many rematches back to back.

Why Is nobody Talking about Tim Boetsch Incredible comeback against Okami

Rampage Looked Horrible!! In The first minute I thought maybe he had something going... he swung wildly but came close to connecting. After that it all went down hill! Ryan Looked pretty good I think He gassed a Little bit.
The Maynard rematch had to happen. I am trying to remember how the LW division looked when Frankie beat BJ. If there weren't any other good matchups at that time, I can see why they did the immediate rematch. I would be fine if they give Frankie one now because I don't think they have a true #1 contender.

I picked Boetsch to win! I still remember one of his first fights in the UFC were he threw a guy into the cage...and that was at LHW. Okami always had a strength advantage at MW, I figured this would be a time that he wouldn't and Tim could beat him. Great fight, awesome comeback!

I fully agree about Rampage. The first minute he seemed to be moving pretty well. But once he planted his feet to throw the bomb Bader was already outside of distance.