Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 02-22-2012, 02:26 AM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default Rashad/Jones trash-talking thread

Not for fans to trash each other, but just one convenient place to post all the various interviews, articles, tweets, etc. as these two go after each other for the next 2 months:

http://www.css-sports.com/pages/vide...cK_nflBrxMd1WJ
Old 02-22-2012, 03:39 AM
Hughes fanboy

Jon Jones is a good man. I don't get the hate.

Rashad is just being a bully.

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Old 02-22-2012, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion View Post
Jon Jones is a good man. I don't get the hate.

Rashad is just being a bully.
Amen, brother.

JBJ is a champ and a positive role model. He's intelligent, well-spoken and a great fighter. Rashad comes off as petty and resentful in the interview. He calls Jon "fake" and then won't say why?!? JBJ will make him eat his words with his fists.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 02-22-2012, 07:08 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

I think Rashad has a good reason to feel slighted by Jones and the Jackson camp after the way everything went down. I also think that both Rashad and JBJ know that this "beef" is what is gonna draw huge attention to the fight, so they are gonna milk it quite a bit in their own ways respectively.

I like both fighters, so I wouldn't really say I have a dog in this race, but I do have a feeling that Rashad is going to win. Call me crazy if you want, and I'm not saying it's a lock, but I am picking Evans to win this fight.
Old 02-22-2012, 08:07 AM

I like Rashad too, JB. I don't know how JBJ slighted him. Yes, Greg Jackson didn't show much care or loyalty to Rashad and I certainly can understand how he (Rashad) might have a beef with Jackson. But JBJ isn't in his camp for altruistic reasons, he's there to promote himself, train and be a champion. I'm sure that's what Rashad wanted as well. I felt for Rashad when he went from top dog to second best (or worse). Maybe I don't know enough about what happened between them all.

Old 02-22-2012, 08:12 AM

It's unfortunate Rashad got hurt at that time and a team mate of his ended up getting the shot and won. It had to be awkward after that being in the same camp and gym with Jones and Jackson, and I can't blame him for leaving. Maybe he did see a side of Jones that we haven't been privy to, but he doesn't come off well there constantly talking over Jones and calling him out as fake. I wish he would rise above all that and just prove himself in the cage.

I like Jones, but I don't care for Jackson so I'm rooting for Rashad to win this one. Sorry Jon.
Old 02-22-2012, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
It's unfortunate Rashad got hurt at that time and a team mate of his ended up getting the shot and won. It had to be awkward after that being in the same camp and gym with Jones and Jackson, and I can't blame him for leaving. Maybe he did see a side of Jones that we haven't been privy to, but he doesn't come off well there constantly talking over Jones and calling him out as fake. I wish he would rise above all that and just prove himself in the cage.

I like Jones, but I don't care for Jackson so I'm rooting for Rashad to win this one. Sorry Jon.
Oh yeah, I forgot he was hurt, Bon. I agree with what you say...well, except for the part about rooting for Rashad. I'm going to have to pick Jon (even though I don't like Greg either).

Old 02-22-2012, 08:16 AM

I don't know how you and JB are still up and awake, it's even later in AZ and TX than here on the west coast!!! I'm fading fast so I'll talk to you all tomorrow - night!

Old 02-22-2012, 08:20 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
I like Rashad too, JB. I don't know how JBJ slighted him. Yes, Greg Jackson didn't show much care or loyalty to Rashad and I certainly can understand how he (Rashad) might have a beef with Jackson. But JBJ isn't in his camp for altruistic reasons, he's there to promote himself, train and be a champion. I'm sure that's what Rashad wanted as well. I felt for Rashad when he went from top dog to second best (or worse). Maybe I don't know enough about what happened between them all.
From what has been reported, it's mostly just comments made in the press and behind the scenes that seems to have irked Rashad. Of course, both guys are in this to be the best and compete on the highest level, but I think Evans felt like they were closer friends than they actually were and some of the comments really rubbed him the wrong way. Is it petty? Maybe a little bit, but I don't think we truly know ALL the details, and maybe we never will. There has been a lot of he said/she said with this situation as it pertains to comments that were made, and who did what to whom when they were training together. Regardless of all the drama, this is a great fight and I'm definitely looking forward to it.
Old 02-22-2012, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
I don't know how you and JB are still up and awake, it's even later in AZ and TX than here on the west coast!!! I'm fading fast so I'll talk to you all tomorrow - night!
JB can outlast me. I'm out too.

Night, John Boy!