Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 02-16-2012, 07:44 PM
I♥The♔COUNT

Default Pierce on loss

For Mike Pierce at least, the decision rendered in the Nick Diaz-Carlos Condit UFC interim welterweight title fight wasn't the most controversial to emerge from the UFC 143 fight card.
Pierce took on top 170-pounder Josh Koscheck further down the UFC 143 main card and lost a controversial split decision, one that he recently told the Sherdog Radio Network's Savage Dog Show he still can't quite wrap his head around.

"For whatever reason the judges seemed to be the only ones -- well, two out of three judges seemed to be the only ones that thought I didn't win the fight," Pierce said "Everybody else thought I won the fight. Even Dana [White] was voicing his opinion, saying that he thought I won the fight too. FightMetric had me outstriking him and winning 29-28. Man, it's just craziness."

The loss is tough to swallow for Pierce; he knows that it's always a possibility to have a decision go the wrong way when a fight is left to the judges, but sometimes it's easier said than done to finish off an opponent of Koscheck's caliber. You can count the now 13-5 welterweight among those calling for change and consistency in overall MMA officiating.

"You've got to make sure you're the hands-down, clear-cut choice as to who the winner is, but sometimes that's hard … I mean, even GSP couldn't finish Josh Koscheck on two different occasions," he said. "It's not like he's an easy fight for anyone, but there probably could have been things I could have done maybe a little differently for it to be a little more clear for everyone to know that I was the winner. But at the same time I think fighters have to improve, I think judging has to improve. I think refereeing has to improve. I think a little consistency would go a long way."
http://www.fightline.com/fl/news/201...josh-koscheck/
Old 02-16-2012, 07:44 PM
I♥The♔COUNT

I feel gutted for him.
Old 02-16-2012, 07:50 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

The worst part was Kos's entitled air afterwards, as though because he was the "bigger name", he deserved the win.
Old 02-16-2012, 07:52 PM

he should really get over it and move on and start training for the next fight .. that's what happens when you leave it in the judges hands .. i don't think the decision was a bad one, but i think that herb dean knew if he took a point away for the poke it would change the outcome of the fight .. and it did .. bad move on his part ..
Old 02-16-2012, 07:54 PM
I♥The♔COUNT

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
he should really get over it and move on and start training for the next fight .. that's what happens when you leave it in the judges hands .. i don't think the decision was a bad one, but i think that herb dean knew if he took a point away for the poke it would change the outcome of the fight .. and it did .. bad move on his part ..
Who get over it? He isnt being a prick about it. Read the entire article then comment. He isn't bitter about it. I think I am. He lost a lot of money, plus Krotcheck discounted him a lot.
Herb took 2 pts from Caseres, but none for Josh's infamous eyepokes. GTFOH.
Old 02-16-2012, 07:55 PM
I♥The♔COUNT

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
The worst part was Kos's entitled air afterwards, as though because he was the "bigger name", he deserved the win.
Yeah like he is so better and that he wasn't hyped for this fight. I hate that mentality. Please Kos you got your *ss handed by GSP then won against Matt big wow he will forever be a douche.
Old 02-16-2012, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella79 View Post
Who get over it? He isnt being a prick about it. Read the entire article then comment. He isn't bitter about it. I think I am. He lost a lot of money, plus Krotcheck discounted him a lot.
Herb took 2 pts from Caseres, but none for Josh's infamous eyepokes. GTFOH.
yeah, he was pretty cool about it, but he should say, "listen, it was a close fight, i thought i won, but that is why you should never let it go to the judges ... i am looking forward to my next fight and will make sure i get a stoppage this time" .. that's all ...
Old 02-16-2012, 09:57 PM
I♥The♔COUNT

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
yeah, he was pretty cool about it, but he should say, "listen, it was a close fight, i thought i won, but that is why you should never let it go to the judges ... i am looking forward to my next fight and will make sure i get a stoppage this time" .. that's all ...
Good thing he can say what he wants considering HE was in the octagon, and you were either on a barstool or your couch.
Old 02-16-2012, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella79 View Post
Good thing he can say what he wants considering HE was in the octagon, and you were either on a barstool or your couch.
Oh snap!
Old 02-17-2012, 12:18 AM

Oooohhhh...... You Just Got Burnedddd!!!!!