Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 03-20-2009, 02:20 PM
rearnakedchoke
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I really don't agree with the death penalty ... but that is my opinion .. Let he who is without sin, cast the first stone ...
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-20-2009, 02:25 PM
Miss Foxy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
I really don't agree with the death penalty ... but that is my opinion .. Let he who is without sin, cast the first stone ...
Neither did I till we had to bury my uncle who was only 26 and was left to die tragically at the hands of a parolee who should have been in prison for his crimes. Or watching missing kids families and law enforcement on tv asking the public if they have seen this child then whose bodies were found days, weeks, or even months later dead and tortured from animals that call themselves men or women in some cases. There is no justice most of the time and I believe these cowards have no room on this earth....Just my opinion...
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-20-2009, 02:30 PM
rearnakedchoke
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa Villaseņor
Neither did I till we had to bury my uncle who was only 26 and was left to die tragically at the hands of a parolee who should have been in prison for his crimes. Or watching missing kids families and law enforcement on tv asking the public if they have seen this child then whose bodies were found days, weeks, or even months later dead and tortured from animals that call themselves men. There is no justice most of the time and I believe if these cowards have no room on this earth....Just my opinion...
which is fine ... these people not being in jail is not due to the fact that there is no death penalty, but the justice system really needs to be looked at ... there are child molester's and sex offenders out on the streets, which is where they shouldn't be .. but you have people you have outstanding traffic tickets or whatever who are in the clink ... but hey, i am not a legal expert and can't explain what happens and why it happens in the legal system
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-20-2009, 02:34 PM
Miss Foxy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
which is fine ... these people not being in jail is not due to the fact that there is no death penalty, but the justice system really needs to be looked at ... there are child molester's and sex offenders out on the streets, which is where they shouldn't be .. but you have people you have outstanding traffic tickets or whatever who are in the clink ... but hey, i am not a legal expert and can't explain what happens and why it happens in the legal system
True something needs to be done with sex offenders/child molesters.. I believe that the death penalty should be applied only when its a case with DNA and or witnesses with credibility. The real meaning of guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. Or they can be like OJ and get off for a little while then go back in so he can rot and die in jail like the coward he is!! Now thats irony!!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-20-2009, 02:40 PM
Moose
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa Villaseņor
True something needs to be done with sex offenders/child molesters.. I believe that the death penalty should be applied only when its a case with DNA and or witnesses with credibility. The real meaning of guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. Or they can be like OJ and get off for a little while then go back in so he can rot and die in jail like the coward he is!! Now thats irony!!
An untrained witness has been proven as unreliable. But I feel you. Some people are just sick puppies that need putting down. Child molester you say? 95% recidivism rate? Put 'em down.

Charlie F'n Manson? Put 'em down! He'll never get rehabilitated, never be anything to anyone again, other than a tax burden.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 03-20-2009, 02:47 PM
Crisco
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I'm only for the death penalty if they expedite the system.


Too often we jail these people for years and waste money on them. when found guilty of a death worthy crime they should drive to the nearest Wendy's buy them a burger to eat then drive back to the jail and hang them.

Save the electricity bill, rope is cheap.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-20-2009, 02:48 PM
Moose
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
I'm only for the death penalty if they expedite the system.


Too often we jail these people for years and waste money on them. when found guilty of a death worthy crime they should drive to the nearest Wendy's buy them a burger to eat then drive back to the jail and hang them.

Save the electricity bill, rope is cheap.
Just remember, shirts are hung but people are hanged.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 03-20-2009, 02:52 PM
NateR's Avatar
NateR NateR is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,295
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
I'm only for the death penalty if they expedite the system.


Too often we jail these people for years and waste money on them. when found guilty of a death worthy crime they should drive to the nearest Wendy's buy them a burger to eat then drive back to the jail and hang them.

Save the electricity bill, rope is cheap.
I believe there should be a law that states that the death penalty must be carried out within 72 hours of a guilty verdict. Appeals would only be allowed under very specific circumstances.

Charles Manson himself has become such a pop culture icon that, if he was ever released on parole, he would be able to start up another cult within days and it would be larger and much more dangerous than the previous one.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 03-20-2009, 02:55 PM
Crisco
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose
Just remember, shirts are hung but people are hanged.
So what are you trying to say?
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 03-20-2009, 02:59 PM
NateR's Avatar
NateR NateR is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,295
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose
Just remember, shirts are hung but people are hanged.
A jury can be hung, also.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.