Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 03-20-2009, 02:20 PM
rearnakedchoke

I really don't agree with the death penalty ... but that is my opinion .. Let he who is without sin, cast the first stone ...
Old 03-20-2009, 02:25 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
I really don't agree with the death penalty ... but that is my opinion .. Let he who is without sin, cast the first stone ...
Neither did I till we had to bury my uncle who was only 26 and was left to die tragically at the hands of a parolee who should have been in prison for his crimes. Or watching missing kids families and law enforcement on tv asking the public if they have seen this child then whose bodies were found days, weeks, or even months later dead and tortured from animals that call themselves men or women in some cases. There is no justice most of the time and I believe these cowards have no room on this earth....Just my opinion...
Old 03-20-2009, 02:30 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa Villaseņor
Neither did I till we had to bury my uncle who was only 26 and was left to die tragically at the hands of a parolee who should have been in prison for his crimes. Or watching missing kids families and law enforcement on tv asking the public if they have seen this child then whose bodies were found days, weeks, or even months later dead and tortured from animals that call themselves men. There is no justice most of the time and I believe if these cowards have no room on this earth....Just my opinion...
which is fine ... these people not being in jail is not due to the fact that there is no death penalty, but the justice system really needs to be looked at ... there are child molester's and sex offenders out on the streets, which is where they shouldn't be .. but you have people you have outstanding traffic tickets or whatever who are in the clink ... but hey, i am not a legal expert and can't explain what happens and why it happens in the legal system
Old 03-20-2009, 02:34 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
which is fine ... these people not being in jail is not due to the fact that there is no death penalty, but the justice system really needs to be looked at ... there are child molester's and sex offenders out on the streets, which is where they shouldn't be .. but you have people you have outstanding traffic tickets or whatever who are in the clink ... but hey, i am not a legal expert and can't explain what happens and why it happens in the legal system
True something needs to be done with sex offenders/child molesters.. I believe that the death penalty should be applied only when its a case with DNA and or witnesses with credibility. The real meaning of guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. Or they can be like OJ and get off for a little while then go back in so he can rot and die in jail like the coward he is!! Now thats irony!!
Old 03-20-2009, 02:40 PM
Moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa Villaseņor
True something needs to be done with sex offenders/child molesters.. I believe that the death penalty should be applied only when its a case with DNA and or witnesses with credibility. The real meaning of guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. Or they can be like OJ and get off for a little while then go back in so he can rot and die in jail like the coward he is!! Now thats irony!!
An untrained witness has been proven as unreliable. But I feel you. Some people are just sick puppies that need putting down. Child molester you say? 95% recidivism rate? Put 'em down.

Charlie F'n Manson? Put 'em down! He'll never get rehabilitated, never be anything to anyone again, other than a tax burden.
Old 03-20-2009, 02:47 PM
Crisco

I'm only for the death penalty if they expedite the system.

Too often we jail these people for years and waste money on them. when found guilty of a death worthy crime they should drive to the nearest Wendy's buy them a burger to eat then drive back to the jail and hang them.

Save the electricity bill, rope is cheap.
Old 03-20-2009, 02:48 PM
Moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco

Too often we jail these people for years and waste money on them. when found guilty of a death worthy crime they should drive to the nearest Wendy's buy them a burger to eat then drive back to the jail and hang them.

Just remember, shirts are hung but people are hanged.
Old 03-20-2009, 02:52 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco

I believe there should be a law that states that the death penalty must be carried out within 72 hours of a guilty verdict. Appeals would only be allowed under very specific circumstances.

Charles Manson himself has become such a pop culture icon that, if he was ever released on parole, he would be able to start up another cult within days and it would be larger and much more dangerous than the previous one.
Old 03-20-2009, 02:55 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose
So what are you trying to say?
Old 03-20-2009, 02:59 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose
A jury can be hung, also.