Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 02-15-2012, 01:59 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default Big Tim on the Campaign Trail

Quote:
The last time I saw Tim Sylvia was at a post-fight press conference in Worchester, MA. He asked me to pass him a bottle of water and then pointed out my fly was down. Amazingly, he was the first person to notice my zipper was at half-staff the entire evening. Either the lighting at the DCU Center was dim, or Tim Sylvia has owl-like vision and extraordinary attention to detail. If Mariusz Pudzianowski understood English, he probably would have joined Roxanne Modafferi, Butterbean, and the rest of the room enjoying a laugh at my wardrobe-malfunction’s expense. Props to The Fight Nerd for the emotional support thereafter.

Tim Sylvia doesn’t understand why you people don’t like him. We don’t either. He also doesn’t understand why he’s not in the UFC, maintaining that he feels like he can beat 80% of the guys in the organization. When he’s not protecting the streets of Iowa with his part-time police gig, he’s cutting videos on YouTube pleading with fans to help get him back in the UFC. Queue the Batman themed music while The Underground comes to the rescue!

http://www.middleeasy.com/index.php?...:organizations
Old 02-15-2012, 02:10 PM

This Guy is a F'g Joke!
Old 02-15-2012, 03:07 PM
Formerly Dethbob

Part of me really wants to be a fan, but he always finds a way to irritate me. I was supporting his last comeback run for a while, but in the promotional video before the fight it was obvious that he couldn’t be bothered to even pretend to care. Then he listlessly dragged himself around the cage for a few seconds before getting knocked out.

I was re-watching Hughes-Trigg II the other day and just about fell off the treadmill twice. The first time was when Trigg blatantly felt around for Matt’s package before throwing the knee, the second was when Tim made a half-hearted attempt to open a water bottle with his hand before pulling it open with his mouth then handing it to Matt.
Old 02-15-2012, 03:15 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
This Guy is a F'g Joke!
Why?

What did Tim really do that was so bad to get all the hate he gets?
Old 02-15-2012, 03:18 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRShrek View Post
Part of me really wants to be a fan, but he always finds a way to irritate me. I was supporting his last comeback run for a while, but in the promotional video before the fight it was obvious that he couldn’t be bothered to even pretend to care. Then he listlessly dragged himself around the cage for a few seconds before getting knocked out.

I was re-watching Hughes-Trigg II the other day and just about fell off the treadmill twice. The first time was when Trigg blatantly felt around for Matt’s package before throwing the knee, the second was when Tim made a half-hearted attempt to open a water bottle with his hand before pulling it open with his mouth then handing it to Matt.
Old 02-15-2012, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
Why?

he really wasn't that bad of a guy .. but he made dana mad and when you make dana mad, you rarely get back in the ufc ... but recently he has been headlining smaller shows and coming in not training, overweight etc .. i know if i bought tickets to shows that he was in and he showed up like that, i'd be mad ...
Old 02-15-2012, 03:44 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
he really wasn't that bad of a guy .. but he made dana mad and when you make dana mad, you rarely get back in the ufc ... but recently he has been headlining smaller shows and coming in not training, overweight etc .. i know if i bought tickets to shows that he was in and he showed up like that, i'd be mad ...
I wasn't aware of those problems with him as of late, and if that's true it's too bad. However, my point was really that Tim seems to have always gotten a lot of crap, even when he really didn't deserve it.
Old 02-15-2012, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Why?

Quote:
... but recently he has been headlining smaller shows and coming in not training, overweight etc .. i know if i bought tickets to shows that he was in and he showed up like that, i'd be mad ...
This. I dont really remember who it was that he fought in some fights I saw On HDNET last year where he came in at like 325lbs to a heavy weight fight. I think it was against an Ultimate Fighter Contestant and he weighed like 245lbs.

Well needles to say his professionalism didn't pay off cause he got knocked out cold with the first or second punch.

That and I've never liked him he just rubs me the wrong way... I like cocky fighters but not him.
Old 02-15-2012, 03:49 PM

Quote:
I wasn't aware of those problems with him as of late, and if that's true it's too bad. However, my point was really that Tim seems to have always gotten a lot of crap, even when he really didn't deserve it.
i agree .. the only time he really made me mad was when he wanted to be the main event on the i think matt vs gsp 2 fight? and dana wanted to matt fight to be the main event .. so timmeh says to dana he would pull out of the fight due to injury if he wasn't on the main card ...
Old 02-15-2012, 03:56 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
i agree .. the only time he really made me mad was when he wanted to be the main event on the i think matt vs gsp 2 fight? and dana wanted to matt fight to be the main event .. so timmeh says to dana he would pull out of the fight due to injury if he wasn't on the main card ...
I don't remember that.

Not saying that you are wrong, just saying that "I dont remember that"....