Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 02-16-2012, 10:46 AM

Diaz clearly won round 2, Condit clearly won rounds 3 & 4. The others were close, no doubt about it. I had given them to Carlos, for a 49-46 win. IMO he won 4 minutes of the 5th round & ended up on top.

Diaz fans have to get over the fact Condit fought a smart fight. He hit Nick hard & often. Nick is only the second fighter that Condit has beaten by decision. Think about that...26 of his 28 wins have NOT gone the distance. Now he catches ••••• because Nick took him to the 5 round limit? That's BS.

Many MMA fans are truly all about "what have you done for me lately". They're like a bi-polar fan base...a fighter's either the best, or complete crap, dependant on his last fight.

Now Condit's a runner, Fitch & Shields have glass jaws, Machida sucks, etc.
Old 02-16-2012, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavetar View Post
Diaz clearly won round 2, Condit clearly won rounds 3 & 4. The others were close, no doubt about it. I had given them to Carlos, for a 49-46 win. IMO he won 4 minutes of the 5th round & ended up on top.

Diaz fans have to get over the fact Condit fought a smart fight. He hit Nick hard & often. Nick is only the second fighter that Condit has beaten by decision. Think about that...26 of his 28 wins have NOT gone the distance. Now he catches because Nick took him to the 5 round limit? That's BS.

Many MMA fans are truly all about "what have you done for me lately". They're like a bi-polar fan base...a fighter's either the best, or complete crap, dependant on his last fight.

could you imagine if jones goes the limit with rashad and get the decision .. jones will be the most boring fighter ever who couldn't even finish the guy who gave us shad face ... LOL .. you are right ..
Old 02-16-2012, 04:35 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
could you imagine if jones goes the limit with rashad and get the decision .. jones will be the most boring fighter ever who couldn't even finish the guy who gave us shad face ... LOL .. you are right ..
Hahaha
Old 02-16-2012, 06:02 PM
Student of the Sport

Quote:

Diaz fans have to get over the fact Condit fought a smart fight. He hit Nick hard & often. Nick is only the second fighter that Condit has beaten by decision. Think about that...26 of his 28 wins have NOT gone the distance. Now he catches because Nick took him to the 5 round limit? That's BS.

When I order a PPV or go to a live event, I am not hoping someone fights a smart fight. I want to see a fight!

You bring up Condit only going to a decision twice....so was Diaz just that good or did Condit change his game up from what made him an exciting fighter?

The same could be said for GSP. I am sure he only has a couple of decision victories before winning the belt....what happened since? Is the competition really that good or is he not fighting like he used to?
Old 02-16-2012, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevint13 View Post
When I order a PPV or go to a live event, I am not hoping someone fights a smart fight. I want to see a fight!

You bring up Condit only going to a decision twice....so was Diaz just that good or did Condit change his game up from what made him an exciting fighter?

The same could be said for GSP. I am sure he only has a couple of decision victories before winning the belt....what happened since? Is the competition really that good or is he not fighting like he used to?
When I say 'smart fight', I was referring to the fact Condit was easily able to escape Diaz's attempts to pin him against the fence, as well as not get drawn in by Nick's taunting. As I said, Condit hit Nick hard, and often. Anyone who claims that fight lacked action is off their rocker IMO.

Is Nick that good? Maybe. Is he that tough that Carlos figured out early on that his best shots weren't having the 'usual' affect? Damn straight! Was Carlos smart enough to mix up his game plan to accommodate this? Damn straight!

GSP is a bad comparison example...it's pretty well accepted he's never been the same fighter since the Serra TKO. There's a big difference between being overly cautious and relying on top control such as GSP, and using superior speed, footwork & tactics while still throwing a ton of both leg & fist strikes such as Condit did.
Old 02-16-2012, 11:21 PM

Quote:
When I say 'smart fight', I was referring to the fact Condit was easily able to escape Diaz's attempts to pin him against the fence, as well as not get drawn in by Nick's taunting. As I said, Condit hit Nick hard, and often. Anyone who claims that fight lacked action is off their rocker IMO.

Is Nick that good? Maybe. Is he that tough that Carlos figured out early on that his best shots weren't having the 'usual' affect? Damn straight! Was Carlos smart enough to mix up his game plan to accommodate this? Damn straight!

GSP is a bad comparison example...it's pretty well accepted he's never been the same fighter since the Serra TKO. There's a big difference between being overly cautious and relying on top control such as GSP, and using superior speed, footwork & tactics while still throwing a ton of both leg & fist strikes such as Condit did.
Very Good points Wavetar. I agree with you 100% too bad no matter how much you try explaining facts to people they sometimes chose not to be rational.
Old 02-17-2012, 12:43 AM
Student of the Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
Very Good points Wavetar. I agree with you 100% too bad no matter how much you try explaining facts to people they sometimes chose not to be rational.
I'm not going to get into a little game with you....just because I don't agree with you and your opinions does not make me irrational. I respect your opinion and expect you to do the same.

With that said, if a fight goes to a decision the fight is subject to interpretation of how the judge saw the fight. The judges saw it for Condit and I saw it the other way. There is no "facts" in that....a KO is fact...a submission is fact....a decision win is an opinion of who the judge thought won the fight.
Old 02-17-2012, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevint13 View Post
I'm not going to get into a little game with you....just because I don't agree with you and your opinions does not make me irrational. I respect your opinion and expect you to do the same.

With that said, if a fight goes to a decision the fight is subject to interpretation of how the judge saw the fight. The judges saw it for Condit and I saw it the other way. There is no "facts" in that....a KO is fact...a submission is fact....a decision win is an opinion of who the judge thought won the fight.
Very Well

I respect "Your" opinion...