Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 02-13-2012, 08:37 PM
Pastor Chris F's Avatar
Pastor Chris F Pastor Chris F is offline
7X Prediction Champ !!!!!
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Springfield Missouri
Posts: 193
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play The Man View Post






Hollywood didn't create these pictures. They were taken at parades, demonstrations, etc.
Then these guys were violating their oaths and more than likely were no sanctioned by the Klan. When I was writing my Masters thesis in history on race relations I researched this stuff for a couple of years and spoke with former and current Klansman and neo nazis. I can easily Google images off the internet showing the American flag in a parade does that make the flag racist? All you are doing it propagating the minority and attempting to make it a majority. This is a sever statesman argument. I am sure you can look into the Klan and see for yourself. The highest number of Klansmen are not even Southern. In fact Indiana and Illinois combined have more than the entire South. It is just ignorance. The Battle flag is nothing more than a symbol of heritage for the Southern people. Hollywood aka media with the help of the NAACP has perpetuated a lie and have fooled many people.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-13-2012, 08:46 PM
Pastor Chris F's Avatar
Pastor Chris F Pastor Chris F is offline
7X Prediction Champ !!!!!
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Springfield Missouri
Posts: 193
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
well .. i am just telling how i see it ... being canadian, i didn't study much american history .. but they way history it is easy to see how people can get preconceived notions of the flag ... of course the civil war was fought to preserve the union, but the north also used the abolishment of slavery as one of the things they were fighting for ... whether or not that was one of the reasons, and whether or not the south was trying to preserve slavery .. the outcomes fell as they did ... so you have a flag that people wave that in history books are associated with slavery ...

on another note, i think this guy is just trying to get his name in the paper .. if enough of his constituents write him asking him to take it down .. he should .. and fly an american flag
1- The flag the flew over slave ships and slavery for 200 years was Old Glory not the Union Jack.

2- Slavery was not an issue for the CW till 1863. The war was started over taxation. The South paid 80% of the nations taxes and the North was getting off the hook and charging the South more money to take their goods in New England states. So S. Carolina left and 12 others soon followed.

3- The flag got associated with black and slavery in the 1960's when Northern states like Indiana had a huge increase of racial tension and used the flag in their rallies against civil rights. Some other groups in Alabama and Georgia later did as well but the groups leadership prohibited it in the late 60's.



As most everyone know I got my Masters degree in History and my focus is in 19th century Southern history. I have spent the last 9 years studying, researching and writing about this very topic. I have even spoke on the subject in State congressional hearings and for other groups. I am far from an expert on it but I sure know more then the average citizen and most newspaper writers
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-13-2012, 08:48 PM
Pastor Chris F's Avatar
Pastor Chris F Pastor Chris F is offline
7X Prediction Champ !!!!!
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Springfield Missouri
Posts: 193
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
I agree with this. But to be honest, you never see the Confederate flag displayed here in the Pacific Northwest because - right or wrong - it *is* perceived as racist here. I have a close friend in Arkansas and she says it's just the opposite in her area.
Yeah it is pretty common in Arkansas. However I know some area of Oregon and lower Washington that would disagree with you. But you are very right it is a minority issue there. The PNW does not like outsiders and for the most part not to many rednecks moved out that way.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02-14-2012, 12:34 AM
TENNESSEAN's Avatar
TENNESSEAN TENNESSEAN is offline
LESS TALK MORE ACTION
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 280
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor Chris F View Post
This is actually a Hollywood myth. The KKK have it written in their rules the American flag and Christian flag are the only flags allowed. The Neo-Nazi's prefer a swastika, some un-affiliated hate group use the flag but they also use the American and Christian flags and I doubt anyone would say those are racist. It is simple ignorance. The NAACP told a lie for decades and people started believing it. In fact on of the NAACP leaders later fought back and now marches around the country righting this wrong and educating the ignorant.
Head on down to Pulaski, Tennessee during their big rally. I guess most of them illiterates cant read the bylaws. the klan waves the confederate flag very openly. They have ruined a proud symbol of the south.

I drove by a kkk grand wizards house for yrs on my way to work every day. guess what he had flying in front of his house? yep, stars and bars.

I personally have know several klan members all of their memorabilia has the confederate flag on it in some way. i don't know if its in their rules to not use the flag or not, (I really dont care) but they clearly do.

I have nothing against the flag, Im proud to be from the south. Ill never wave that flag or allow it in my house. I have made employees take off caps and change shirts because of the flag.

Fact is the their use of the flag makes people question if your a racist or not. I hope no one ever has to question that about me.

All that being said the guy has every right to fly what ever flag he wishes. If folks dont like it, shut up and dont vote for him next term. Ain't America great?!?!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 02-14-2012, 01:08 AM
flo's Avatar
flo flo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: The Great Pacific Northwest
Posts: 7,741
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TENNESSEAN View Post
Head on down to Pulaski, Tennessee during their big rally. I guess most of them illiterates cant read the bylaws. the klan waves the confederate flag very openly. They have ruined a proud symbol of the south.
I drove by a kkk grand wizards house for yrs on my way to work every day. guess what he had flying in front of his house? yep, stars and bars.

I personally have know several klan members all of their memorabilia has the confederate flag on it in some way. i don't know if its in their rules to not use the flag or not, (I really dont care) but they clearly do.

I have nothing against the flag, Im proud to be from the south. Ill never wave that flag or allow it in my house. I have made employees take off caps and change shirts because of the flag.

Fact is the their use of the flag makes people question if your a racist or not. I hope no one ever has to question that about me.

All that being said the guy has every right to fly what ever flag he wishes. If folks dont like it, shut up and dont vote for him next term. Ain't America great?!?!
Well said, Tennessean, well said.
__________________
http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=339&dateline=13068036  43

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 02-14-2012, 01:29 AM
rearnakedchoke rearnakedchoke is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,588
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor Chris F View Post
1- The flag the flew over slave ships and slavery for 200 years was Old Glory not the Union Jack.

2- Slavery was not an issue for the CW till 1863. The war was started over taxation. The South paid 80% of the nations taxes and the North was getting off the hook and charging the South more money to take their goods in New England states. So S. Carolina left and 12 others soon followed.

3- The flag got associated with black and slavery in the 1960's when Northern states like Indiana had a huge increase of racial tension and used the flag in their rallies against civil rights. Some other groups in Alabama and Georgia later did as well but the groups leadership prohibited it in the late 60's.



As most everyone know I got my Masters degree in History and my focus is in 19th century Southern history. I have spent the last 9 years studying, researching and writing about this very topic. I have even spoke on the subject in State congressional hearings and for other groups. I am far from an expert on it but I sure know more then the average citizen and most newspaper writers
problem is, not everyone has a masters in this stuff, so they are going to believe what they see .... images like what ptm posted are hard to ignore
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 02-14-2012, 02:26 AM
Pastor Chris F's Avatar
Pastor Chris F Pastor Chris F is offline
7X Prediction Champ !!!!!
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Springfield Missouri
Posts: 193
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TENNESSEAN View Post
Head on down to Pulaski, Tennessee during their big rally. I guess most of them illiterates cant read the bylaws. the klan waves the confederate flag very openly. They have ruined a proud symbol of the south.

I drove by a kkk grand wizards house for yrs on my way to work every day. guess what he had flying in front of his house? yep, stars and bars.

I personally have know several klan members all of their memorabilia has the confederate flag on it in some way. i don't know if its in their rules to not use the flag or not, (I really dont care) but they clearly do.

I have nothing against the flag, Im proud to be from the south. Ill never wave that flag or allow it in my house. I have made employees take off caps and change shirts because of the flag.

Fact is the their use of the flag makes people question if your a racist or not. I hope no one ever has to question that about me.

All that being said the guy has every right to fly what ever flag he wishes. If folks dont like it, shut up and dont vote for him next term. Ain't America great?!?!
stars and bars is not the confederate battle flag, but rather the 1 st national flag. But see your point. But as far as telling someone to not wave it or wear is wrong. If the American flag is allowed than no should discriminate for any other flag.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 02-14-2012, 02:28 AM
Pastor Chris F's Avatar
Pastor Chris F Pastor Chris F is offline
7X Prediction Champ !!!!!
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Springfield Missouri
Posts: 193
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
problem is, not everyone has a masters in this stuff, so they are going to believe what they see .... images like what ptm posted are hard to ignore
Should we go around banning and complaining about everything one does not understand? Isn't that what racism really is, is ignorance of what one does not understand that we are all created equal. But I see your point as well.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 02-14-2012, 02:39 AM
TENNESSEAN's Avatar
TENNESSEAN TENNESSEAN is offline
LESS TALK MORE ACTION
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 280
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
problem is, not everyone has a masters in this stuff, so they are going to believe what they see .... images like what ptm posted are hard to ignore
Pretty confidedent the first and last pics where taken in Pulaski. I would bet the second one is too.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 02-14-2012, 02:56 AM
TENNESSEAN's Avatar
TENNESSEAN TENNESSEAN is offline
LESS TALK MORE ACTION
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 280
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor Chris F View Post
stars and bars is not the confederate battle flag, but rather the 1 st national flag. But see your point. But as far as telling someone to not wave it or wear is wrong. If the American flag is allowed than no should discriminate for any other flag.
In the south stars and bars is the confederate flag and nothing else. No one representing me will ever be aloud to wear the confederate flag. If that's wrong so be it. Im going to log out now. I got a feeling your gonna piss me off... AGAIN!!!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.