Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 02-16-2012, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella79 View Post
He has had one fight this year? A champion will defend his belt not this 2 fights a year. That's ridiculous.. BS.. Did Matt ever do that? NOPE
I agree he has to defend his belt and you and me both know that if Dana wants him to fight he is going to fight whether he wants to wait or not.

Matt fought 3 times a year at most. (In the UFC)

From 1998 - 2001 he fought 33 times!!! going 30-3 Wow!
Old 02-16-2012, 03:58 PM
I♥The♔COUNT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
I agree he has to defend his belt and you and me both know that if Dana wants him to fight he is going to fight whether he wants to wait or not.

Matt fought 3 times a year at most. (In the UFC)

In his first 30 fights from 1998 - 2001 he fought 33 times!!! going 30-3 Wow!
That's why Matt will always be the greatest WW of all time.
I know you hate Bj, but they don't make them like they used to BJ jumping weight classes for a fight, Matt stepping in on less than 2mths notice, etc.... A lot of these guys now are posers..
Old 02-16-2012, 04:04 PM
Student of the Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
That's how it should be....if he didn't defend it once before fighting GSP, what is the point of him even being the interim champ?
Old 02-16-2012, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Carlos is pissing me off. Ok so he wants to wait for GSP. He is holding on to that belt tightly WTF.. Dana keeps saying they don't even know when GSP will return despite GSP saying Nov/Dec. All Condit is doing is holding up this division which has incredible talent.
Now that Nick is suspended, Krotch getting a bogus win, Matt unknown, BJ sitting out, I am getting pissy about it all.. Condit needs to man the hell up already and be a fighter not a Jackson Camp play it safe muppet!!!!!!!!!
well, nick said if he won, he woulda waited for georges ... so carlos should sit and wait ... plus, i am not interested in an ellenberger rematch ... but hey, i am only one person ..
Old 02-16-2012, 05:16 PM
I♥The♔COUNT

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
well, nick said if he won, he woulda waited for georges ... so carlos should sit and wait ... plus, i am not interested in an ellenberger rematch ... but hey, i am only one person ..
Nick said that, however I can't see him getting called out then asking Cesar what he should do.. BS.. Nick would have fought.
Old 02-16-2012, 05:57 PM
Student of the Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
plus, i am not interested in an ellenberger rematch ... but hey, i am only one person ..
I am not interested in that rematch either. The hype train was huge when he beat Shields, but Shields' standup scares no one. You saw last night that he is much more tentative and more of a counter striker with a good standup fighter.

If we are going to have a rematch, I would rather see Diaz vs Diego again.
Old 02-16-2012, 05:58 PM
I♥The♔COUNT

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevint13 View Post
I am not interested in that rematch either. The hype train was huge when he beat Shields, but Shields' standup scares no one. You saw last night that he is much more tentative and more of a counter striker with a good standup fighter.

To give Shields credit he did beat Hendo!!
I would LOVE to see Diaz n Diego go at it OMG!!!!!! I would rather see that then GSP/Condit.
Old 02-16-2012, 06:06 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Here's the perfect solution: let GSP go straight to MW right now.

OK, I know it's pretty crazy (& I'm not seriously endorsing it), but check out how the "logic" actually fits:
  • GSP has said he'd need months to put on the weight properly to make a move to 185, so what better time than now? While he's rehabbing his knee, he can't be training, but he could be working with a nutritionist & S&C coach to start bulking up during rehab. This way, when he gets back to training, he can be ready to go as a MW.
  • The next MW title fight is Anderson/Chael in July-ish. By the time GSP is ready to go again (November-ish), that would be plenty of time for the (new?) champ to rest for a bit & then put in a full camp.
  • The other major problem with GSP jumping to MW was that it would put the WW division on hold for an indeterminable amount of time. That's no longer an issue as we now have a champ ready to drop the "interim" tag & just take over the division. This completely removes the glass ceiling which prevents Kos, Fitch, Matt, BJ, Thiago & many others from getting another title shot because of the "don't want to see that fight again" restriction.
OK, I know that Dana & GSP would never go for it, but doesn't that fit absurdly well??
Old 02-16-2012, 06:06 PM
Student of the Sport

Quote:
To give Shields credit he did beat Hendo!!
I know....but that was after Hendo gassed (he is not good at 185). He beat Robbie too, but neither one were afraid of Shields' standup.

I don't want to sound like I am bashing Ellenberger...he is a good fighter. But I don't think he can beat either Condit or GSP....and I am not sure he would beat Diego in a five round fight.
Old 02-16-2012, 06:07 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevint13 View Post

That would be a lot of fun. Love to see them go at it again. I'd give it to Diaz, he's improved muchmore in the intervening years than Diego, IMO.