Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 01-19-2012, 04:53 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Default Got the Mortgage

Today the Underwriters of National Westminster have signed off on my application for 56K Stirling Mortgage.

It was a LONG process that began on Advent Sunday 2011. We had already by that point confirmed the principle price of 85K Stirling for the property with the Vendors. We had an initial deposit from my parents, and we had a Broker who had already got us a good deal, and that deal fell apart before we did the paperwork on the account of it being a specialized mortgage.

Thus we tried to go with a second mortgage through the Mortgage Works of Nation Wide Bank. This mortgage was to be a Guarentour Mortgage which meant my Father would be culpable for the loan if I ended up bankrupt. We pointed out that my Father would be well over the age of retirement by the time the thirty five year repayment was complete. The Broker said it didnt matter, but on December 13th after three weeks of paperwork assessment the Bank rejected the application and we had to begin all over again.

Thankfully the Lawyers had already been doing their searches and everything checked out alright. So we proceeded to apply for the third Mortgage to another bank. This time a perfectly normal mortgage which did mean my parents initial deposit had to be significantly more. Once that was sorted out everything shut for Christmas and New year.

Then something went wrong. National Westminster refused to book the valuation survay on the account that I had received a 1000 pound pay cut. This was nonsence, but not one of my brokers had explained to them that I get paid on a Luna Cycle not a Callendar Month. I only found this out when I rang them directly for a different matter, and was told the financial advisors had sat on the information for nearly a week.

Furious I got them to recalculate according to the moon, and they confirmed that we were back on track. The Valuation booking occured on Tuesday, the Valuation Survay to check the house is worth more then im asking for, took place yesterday after which I heard that the application was now with the underwriters who would sign off the deal if they felt it was alright.

Today I heard that they did so. The aggreement is already in the post to me. Once I have obtained that offer, assuming it is identical to the application, which it should be. I will have secured myself the funds to properly buy the house.

The Lawyers have been made aware. The final stage of Contracts, and insurance will be taking place as soon as possible. With a move looking likely within the first week of February I hope!
Old 01-19-2012, 05:01 PM
Miss Foxy

Congrats Dave!!!! Happy for you!! Now when I roll into town I have a place to stay!!
Old 01-19-2012, 06:53 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Now you can get more birds! lol
Old 01-19-2012, 06:54 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Congats, Dave, that's awesome man!!
Old 01-19-2012, 06:58 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post

Now you can get more birds! lol
As we speak my 87 year old Grandmother is searching the internet for Averies!

Yes...thats right. The property has a Garden. The Garden has a shed. We are going to transform the shed into an Avery....and then the Quails, Zebra Finches, Society Finches, Budgies, Canaries, and peach faced love birds, will be moving in with me!

On the second ledge down I shall be having urban chickens, and on the final ledge of this sloped Garden, I shall have a vegetable patch!

You aint seen NOTHING yet
Old 01-19-2012, 07:06 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Dave, you're getting all domesticated & stuff!

You'll be like a giant Sam Gamgee!

Old 01-19-2012, 07:27 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
Dave, you're getting all domesticated & stuff!

You'll be like a giant Sam Gamgee!

I've never had a proper home of my own before, nothing to be house proud about. The first two houses were my parents, the next four houses were associated with university, the house after that was run by an institution, and then we've had Granville.

But this next house will not be rented from some crappy landlord who steals my money and gives nothing in return. It shall not be run by a spiteful instituion that thinks it controls your off duty hours as well as your paid employment. It shall not be a shabby room next to a billion other shabby rooms.

noone will come and inspect, noone will try and intimidate. I dont need to ask permission to do what I want.

Which means I can do what I want, and all the responsibility lies with me. It is a gift to treasure and use, it is a building I can convert into my own palace. I can paint the walls, decided I hate it, and wall paper instead! I can grow my own vegetable again, after Twelve Years of longing, they will be my vegetables, in my vegetable patch. I can have as many birds as I want, I can put them all outside in this avery, I can breed them if I so choose without worry that someone will dissaprove.

Everytime I pay the mortgage I shall own a little more of that house, a little more of the estate will fall directly to me, no middleman, no parents, no institution.

I have scarce dared to dream of this, for fear it will not come to fruition. But the possibilities, the projects, the excitement.

...and this has come from GOD you know. All the signs, every step of the way. He has made this possible. The timings have been perfect, the transitions from one event to the next.

The VERY week that this House was first presented to me. I distinctly remember being very excited when I was in the woods, a new area of exploration, across the main road from the Estate I shall move into!! although we didnt know that at the time...and hearing the owl in the sacred valley...I remember thinking that GOD was telling me that HE thought it was time I progressed...I have been thinking its been time to progress since November 2009...but I had to await his pleasure

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wq1VARoo0Q
Old 01-19-2012, 07:30 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
I've never had a proper home of my own before, nothing to be house proud about. The first two houses were my parents, the next four houses were associated with university, the house after that was run by an institution, and then we've had Granville.

But this next house will not be rented from some crappy landlord who steals my money and gives nothing in return. It shall not be run by a spiteful instituion that thinks it controls your off duty hours as well as your paid employment. It shall not be a shabby room next to a billion other shabby rooms.

noone will come and inspect, noone will try and intimidate. I dont need to ask permission to do what I want.

Which means I can do what I want, and all the responsibility lies with me. It is a gift to treasure and use, it is a building I can convert into my own palace. I can paint the walls, decided I hate it, and wall paper instead! I can grow my own vegetable again, after Twelve Years of longing, they will be my vegetables, in my vegetable patch. I can have as many birds as I want, I can put them all outside in this avery, I can breed them if I so choose without worry that someone will dissaprove.

Everytime I pay the mortgage I shall own a little more of that house, a little more of the estate will fall directly to me, no middleman, no parents, no institution.

I have scarce dared to dream of this, for fear it will not come to fruition. But the possibilities, the projects, the excitement.

...and this has come from GOD you know. All the signs, every step of the way. He has made this possible. The timings have been perfect, the transitions from one event to the next.

The VERY week that this House was first presented to me. I distinctly remember being very excited when I was in the woods, a new area of exploration, across the main road from the Estate I shall move into!! although we didnt know that at the time...and hearing the owl in the sacred valley...I remember thinking that GOD was telling me that HE thought it was time I progressed...I have been thinking its been time to progress since November 2009...but I had to await his pleasure

Dave, that's really awesome, man. Good luck!
Old 01-19-2012, 08:15 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post

don't do it man ..
Old 01-19-2012, 08:23 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Some of my best memories are of my Mother and Father using a steam stripper to try and get wallpaper off

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
don't do it man ..