Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 02-08-2012, 07:26 PM
I♥The♔COUNT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
he probably is
Dave you know I have been the worlds biggest GSP hater, and after attending the Q&A Friday I have a different feeling towards him. Ok I still hate him mildly for the Greasegate scandal, but I think he is a respectable man. He talked great on Matt and even Diaz. I don't know how this happened?? Course I am not adding him to my faves.. That I can assure.
Old 02-08-2012, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
Dumb move for Condit. Why take a step backwards? He has earned the interim belt and first shot at GSP when he comes back. Fighting anyone else before that just hurts his chances at gaining the undisputed championship.

He shouldn't let Nick's crying get to him.
+++

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 02-09-2012, 02:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRShrek View Post
http://fiveouncesofpain.com/2012/02/...ght-nick-diaz/

While UFC welterweight champ Georges St. Pierre has not come out to officially say he’d be willing to relinquish his rights to the title in order to fight polarizing rival Nick Diaz, it appears he has mentioned he’s open to doing so in private company.

The shocking revelation came Tuesday evening as part of UFC Tonight where host Kenny Florian, who is friends with GSP and trains with him at TriStar, said the currently injured St. Pierre brought it up over dinner after watching Carlos Condit outpoint Diaz last weekend at UFC 143.

Condit earned a shot at St. Pierre with the victory though it may be in vain if “Rush” follows through on his comments by giving up his belt to settle the score with Diaz. During the build up to the Diaz-Condit bout GSP expressed his desire to see Diaz win after the Stockton scrapper called him out after beating B.J. Penn in his previous Octagon appearance.
Has everyone gone insane? That is just nuts! What the freak is so special about Nick Diaz that has DW doing everything in his power short of putting a hit out on Carlos Condit to get him out of the way (and who knows...if Carlos beats Diaz again! ) to make GSP/Diaz happen; and now, GSP, suggests he'd give up his title and belt in order to fight him.

Why is GSP willing to give up his title and belt just to fight Nick Diaz, but not willing to go balls to the wall to finish his fights, makes no sense.

Last edited by Bonnie; 02-09-2012 at 02:47 AM.
Old 02-09-2012, 02:18 AM

Just read this article, what's going on with this fight?

Manager: No Carlos Condit-Nick Diaz II
An interim welterweight title rematch between Carlos Condit and Nick Diaz now appears doubtful, one day after UFC president Dana White said via Twitter that the bout was in the works.

Diaz's manager/trainer, Cesar Gracie, told MMAJunkie.com Wednesday that there will be no rematch with Condit. Gracie would not offer the website any more information about the matter. But Gracie was a bit more definitive when contacted by ESPN.com.

"Yeah, I said that (there will be no rematch). But that's all I can say," Gracie said. "I can't say anything else. I can't do anything.

"Quote that if you want to. There is not going to be a rematch. Other than that, that's all I can say."

Gracie's statement to ESPN.com about a Condit-Diaz rematch contradicts White, who Tuesday night said: "The rumor is true. Carlos did accept the fight today. Nick wanted the rematch the same night."

White added that he was expecting to meet with Condit Friday to work out a deal for the rematch.

Condit defeated Diaz by unanimous decision Saturday night at UFC 143 in Las Vegas to capture the interim 170-pound title.

After the scores were read, Diaz expressed his disappointment with the judges' scorecards (48-47, 49-46 and 49-46), vowing to retire from mixed martial arts competition.

"I'm not going to accept the fact that this was a loss," Diaz said. "I pushed him back the whole fight. I took him down. I think I'm done with this MMA. It's been a good time. "I don't need this. I pushed this guy the whole fight. I landed the harder punches. He kicked me a few times."

Diaz needed a victory to land a fight with current UFC welterweight champion Georges St. Pierre later this year. The two were originally scheduled to meet in Saturday night's main event, but St. Pierre suffered a torn ACL in his right knee in December and pulled out of the bout.

Franklin McNeil covers mixed martial arts and boxing for ESPN.com. Follow him on Twitter at www.twitter.com/Franklin_McNeil.

http://espn.go.com/mma/story/_/id/75...-carlos-condit
Old 02-09-2012, 11:08 AM
Hailey's Dad

A possible reason the rematch has been cancelled.
Remember when I said that pot makes you stupid?

http://vendettafighter.com/news/rumo...for-marijuana/
Quote:
A rematch was in the works between Nick Diaz and Carlos Condit since their UFC 143 fight decision was one of the hottest topics amongst MMA and sports fans.

But with Diaz possibly failing his second test for Marijuana since 2007, he might not be able to compete for 6-12 months.

Apparently Carlos Condit and Nick Diaz accepted the rematch, but the NSAC advised the UFC and the manager for Diaz, Cesar Gracie of their findings.

It’s expected that the UFC will announce something on Friday in regards how it will move forward.

We will be watching very closely until we can provide more news about this subject.
Old 02-09-2012, 11:33 AM

Lay off the pot bro. smh Some point, he has to grow up right? I mean, I did.
Old 02-09-2012, 12:32 PM
Formerly Dethbob

Quote:
A possible reason the rematch has been cancelled.
Remember when I said that pot makes you stupid?
I guess that explains why those leg kicks didn’t hurt. I wonder how the fight would have gone without ‘Bravo’s little helper.’
Old 02-09-2012, 01:33 PM

i guess we will just have to wait and see now with this announcement ... i wouldn't really care if there was a rematch ... although, i think if ellenberger beats diego, he should fight condit .. the only problem i have is a fight in august???? that is too far out imo ...
Old 02-09-2012, 01:59 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by F34R View Post
Lay off the pot bro. smh Some point, he has to grow up right? I mean, I did.
"This is a stance a lot of people wouldn't seem me taking, but I do & with some feeling: pot smokers, grow up! Do crack like a real adult!" - Daniel Tosh
Old 02-09-2012, 02:57 PM

Quote:
A rematch was in the works between Nick Diaz and Carlos Condit since their UFC 143 fight decision was one of the hottest topics amongst MMA and sports fans.

But with Diaz possibly failing his second test for Marijuana since 2007, he might not be able to compete for 6-12 months.

Apparently Carlos Condit and Nick Diaz accepted the rematch, but the NSAC advised the UFC and the manager for Diaz, Cesar Gracie of their findings.

It’s expected that the UFC will announce something on Friday in regards how it will move forward.

We will be watching very closely until we can provide more news about this subject.
What a F'g Idiot!!!! It doesn't surprise me one Bit!

It should be his last fight in the UFC ever!