Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 02-08-2012, 05:45 PM
Student of the Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
What do you mean, "dropping the belt"?
He would step down as champion and honor Condit as the champ.
Old 02-08-2012, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevint13 View Post
He would step down as champion and honor Condit as the champ.
LoL where The HELL did you get this from?

Old 02-08-2012, 06:08 PM
I♥The♔COUNT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
LoL where The HELL did you get this from?

Gsp announced that yesterday..
Old 02-08-2012, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella79 View Post
Gsp announced that yesterday..
Where?

Can someone share a trustworthy link?
Old 02-08-2012, 06:21 PM
Formerly Dethbob

http://fiveouncesofpain.com/2012/02/...ght-nick-diaz/

While UFC welterweight champ Georges St. Pierre has not come out to officially say he’d be willing to relinquish his rights to the title in order to fight polarizing rival Nick Diaz, it appears he has mentioned he’s open to doing so in private company.

The shocking revelation came Tuesday evening as part of UFC Tonight where host Kenny Florian, who is friends with GSP and trains with him at TriStar, said the currently injured St. Pierre brought it up over dinner after watching Carlos Condit outpoint Diaz last weekend at UFC 143.

Condit earned a shot at St. Pierre with the victory though it may be in vain if “Rush” follows through on his comments by giving up his belt to settle the score with Diaz. During the build up to the Diaz-Condit bout GSP expressed his desire to see Diaz win after the Stockton scrapper called him out after beating B.J. Penn in his previous Octagon appearance.
Old 02-08-2012, 06:34 PM

This is crap. Condit won. An immediate rematch is ridiculous to ask of him when he hasn't gotten to fight GSP for the unification title. And anybody that thinks Condit is all for it is naiive. When the UFC "suggests", everyone knows it's not really a suggestion. Just like he "agreed" to step aside for Diaz to fight GSP right?

Why the UFC panders to the Diaz brothers and their cry-baby BS is beyond me, but it makes me lose respect for them as an organization.
Old 02-08-2012, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadawn View Post
This is crap. Condit won. An immediate rematch is ridiculous to ask of him when he hasn't gotten to fight GSP for the unification title. And anybody that thinks Condit is all for it is naiive. When the UFC "suggests", everyone knows it's not really a suggestion. Just like he "agreed" to step aside for Diaz to fight GSP right?

Why the UFC panders to the Diaz brothers and their cry-baby BS is beyond me, but it makes me lose respect for them as an organization.
I couldn't have said it better my self.
Old 02-08-2012, 07:18 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
Dumb move for Condit. Why take a step backwards? He has earned the interim belt and first shot at GSP when he comes back. Fighting anyone else before that just hurts his chances at gaining the undisputed championship.

He shouldn't let Nick's crying get to him.
I dont believe he was given much of a choice considering his U-tern on the matter. Likewise with Diaz...whose retirement lasted, what, about forty-eight hours

The UFC have two reasons to do this rematch, first, because every single bloody main event boarding on a championship decision victory, just HAS to be repeated however dumb and pointless...Penn HAS to fight Edgar again, Edgar HAS to fight Maynard again.

Secondly, the UFC dont want Condit as Champion. They really would sacrifice a good Champion for a quick windfall, which is what they believe GSP/Diaz to be. The UFC will do EVERYTHING in their power to make that fight happen...AND happen again...AND if its a draw...AGAIN. Pay day x3 is FAR more important then a real champion and a real challenger.

Right now they want Diaz/GSP 1 followed swiftly by Diaz/GSP II during which they shall hope each fighter has won once...so they may go for a third.

Jake Ellenberger, and Johny Hendricks will rot on the heap, Carlos Condit will be deposed and then become Jon Fitch Version 2.

Nothing will now matter in the Welterweight division until, in the UFCs good fortunes, AT LEAST the following have occured Diaz/Condit II Diaz/GSP 1 Diaz/GSP II Diaz/GSP III Diaz/Condit III Condit/GSP 1 Following a favourable outcome, GSP will then retire, Diaz will then Retire, Condit and Fitch will go the way of Swick, and Johny Hendricks and Jake Ellenberger be past their best. The year will be 2014 and at the opening of 2015 the Welterweight Division will finally be a level playing field again.

Old 02-08-2012, 07:22 PM
I♥The♔COUNT

Now the Condit lovers are tweeting and in forums stating GSP is scared of Condit. ROFLMAO!!!
Old 02-08-2012, 07:23 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella79 View Post
Now the Condit lovers are tweeting and in forums stating GSP is scared of Condit. ROFLMAO!!!
he probably is