Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 02-08-2012, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella79 View Post
I can't agree with those stupid metrics.. Lets just have the fightmetrics take over and we can all shutup.
What can't you agree with. I'm not saying that ALL the time, those numbers mean everything. However, if we apply it to this fight, and this fight alone, how do you dispute the numbers? What edges Diaz over Condit in this specific case?
Old 02-08-2012, 10:29 PM
I♥The♔COUNT

I can't handle this Condit/Diaz situation.. First they fight then a rematch then no now some stories of a failed drug test?!! WTH?? I am dizzy on this rollercoaster ....
Old 02-08-2012, 10:53 PM
I♥The♔COUNT

"Going back to the Diaz/Condit fight, my point about missing things, is I watched the fight at home and when I watched the fight at home, I had a slightly different opinion. When I watched it live I thought that Carlos Condit won it. In the fourth round I said that Condit was winning this fight and when I said that, I was a little bit out of school, because on the scorecards maybe necessarily he wasnít winning, in my head even, but, there was a trend in round three and four where Condit was scoring way more than Diaz was, thatís why I was saying that Condit was winning that fight. The bottom line is when I watched it at home I gave Nick Diaz round one, round two and round five. At home when I watched it, I thought Nick Diaz won that fight.Ē Joe Rogan
Old 02-08-2012, 11:02 PM

What about round one gives Diaz the round? Getting hit the most? lol
Old 02-08-2012, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
If you use my judging system, Carlos still wins.

After time limit has passed, look at both fighters. Whoever looks more messed up loses.

You can say he ran away and only threw kicks, but Diaz' face was a mess.
you do realize diaz has an absurd amount of scar tissue on his face from past cuts?
Old 02-09-2012, 02:22 AM

You can't judge a fight based on a fighters face. Nick Diaz is ALWAYS bleeding and busted up. He cuts easily and everybody knows it. I didn't get to watch the fight so I don't know exactly what happened or caused the damage but I do know he is always bleeding in his fights.......If anybody has a link to that fight I would appreciate it, had to work and girlfriend "forgot" to record the life PPV, at least she got to watch it.
Old 02-09-2012, 12:15 PM

I just don't see how anyone gives Diaz round 1. What did he do to win that round? I'll agree that it was a closer round than 3 or 4, but neither of them did anything spectacular, so you almost have to go on strikes.
Old 02-09-2012, 01:57 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadawn View Post
I just don't see how anyone gives Diaz round 1. What did he do to win that round? I'll agree that it was a closer round than 3 or 4, but neither of them did anything spectacular, so you almost have to go on strikes.
When I was watching it live, I gave it to Diaz because of aggression & octagon control. Carlos' leg kicks looked tenative & ineffective & he was waiting until he was under fire to circle away from the cage, making it look less like a strategy & more like panic. In the later rounds, he settled down & was much more deliberate with his combos & was moving off the cage before Nick started laying down the combos.

It seemed to me that Carlos wasn't sold on the gameplan in round 1, but gained confidence & steam as the fight progressed.
Old 02-09-2012, 02:04 PM

I think being outscored wins more points than walking forward at someone. Diaz didn't control the cage, but he did show agression. However, agression by walking forward doesn't negate agression from the other fighter in the forum of strikes. If you wanted to make the case of cage control, then I'd say Diaz needed to control where Condit when, and he didn't do that at all. Diaz walked forward, getting hit, and then Condit circled out without Diaz controlling that space.
Old 02-09-2012, 02:35 PM

i am going to have to agree with fear here .... imo condit played it perfectly .. he knew that diaz was going to keep walking forward and he would be able to use the more technical striking to score ... yes, he was tentative at first, but he wanted to see what diaz would do .. when he realized nick was gonna keep doing the same thing, he kept his game plan ... imo, the people in nicks corner who were telling him he was winning were doing a bad job ... i think nick knew deep down that he was losing or he would have not gone for the takedown ...