Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 02-08-2012, 07:07 PM
Bella79's Avatar
Bella79 Bella79 is offline
I♥The♔COUNT
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: So★Cal♥ England
Posts: 743
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
That's the beauty of it Carlos ran laps around him and still beat him at his own game!!!

With Better Striking and better Cardio !
LOL!! No way was his cardio better. Diaz did not even sit between a few rounds.. Carlos lost my respect.. Typical Jackson crap..
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-08-2012, 07:15 PM
JavierDLC's Avatar
JavierDLC JavierDLC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: El Paso Texas
Posts: 2,306
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella79 View Post
LOL!! No way was his cardio better. Diaz did not even sit between a few rounds.. Carlos lost my respect.. Typical Jackson crap..
Well the good thing is the better Man won which is all that matters.

Nice Picture by the way!! I like!!!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-08-2012, 07:24 PM
Primadawn Primadawn is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 102
Default

All these people who keep saying Condit did "nothing" but run away are making me shake my head. 159 strikes. 'Nuff said.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02-08-2012, 07:36 PM
Bella79's Avatar
Bella79 Bella79 is offline
I♥The♔COUNT
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: So★Cal♥ England
Posts: 743
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadawn View Post
All these people who keep saying Condit did "nothing" but run away are making me shake my head. 159 strikes. 'Nuff said.
I am one of them.. Yes, he landed strikes. WOW, effective none to only Diaz haters and the horrible judges.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 02-08-2012, 07:38 PM
Primadawn Primadawn is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 102
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella79 View Post
I am one of them.. Yes, he landed strikes. WOW, effective none to only Diaz haters and the horrible judges.
Looking at Nick's face-it looks like they were effective. And the leg kicks--you could clearly see in the later rounds they were affecting Nick. He's almost limping in spots. Now if you only count a strick as "effective" if it knocks a guy out, no. The point I was trying to make is that you can't say a guy did nothing but run away when he landed more strikes than your guy.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 02-08-2012, 09:09 PM
VCURamFan's Avatar
VCURamFan VCURamFan is offline
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Basketball Capital of the World
Posts: 14,324
Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella79 View Post
If I am the lone wolf on this forum I will stick to Diaz won that fight.. Since when do you get points for laps? LMAO oh sorry he did kick Diaz my bad.. Oh and someone should tell Carlos those dumb spins looked retarded slow motion baby.
I agree that Diaz won (1, 2 & 5), but I can also see why other people think Carlos won.

I was disappointed that his gameplan wasn't to stand & bang (could you imagine another Shogun/Hendo? ), but I know it was the smarter option.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 02-08-2012, 09:10 PM
County Mike's Avatar
County Mike County Mike is offline
Hailey's Dad
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Millville, NJ
Posts: 859
Default

Rematch is off again - according to Cesar Gracie.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 02-08-2012, 09:11 PM
Bella79's Avatar
Bella79 Bella79 is offline
I♥The♔COUNT
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: So★Cal♥ England
Posts: 743
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
I agree that Diaz won (1, 2 & 5), but I can also see why other people think Carlos won.

I was disappointed that his gameplan wasn't to stand & bang (could you imagine another Shogun/Hendo? ), but I know it was the smarter option.
You can't please everyone Ben. So you either agree or don't..lol..
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 02-08-2012, 09:34 PM
F34R F34R is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,101
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
I agree that Diaz won (1, 2 & 5), but I can also see why other people think Carlos won.

I was disappointed that his gameplan wasn't to stand & bang (could you imagine another Shogun/Hendo? ), but I know it was the smarter option.
Going by fightmetric numbers, diaz won two rounds, lost three.... it was close though. Round two was Diaz, and the other was five, if you consider the take down more important than Condit landing more strikes. Either way, Condit still won three out of five rounds. The leg kicks are what did it for Condit in round one.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 02-08-2012, 09:38 PM
Bella79's Avatar
Bella79 Bella79 is offline
I♥The♔COUNT
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: So★Cal♥ England
Posts: 743
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by F34R View Post
Going by fightmetric numbers, diaz won two rounds, lost three.... it was close though. Round two was Diaz, and the other was five, if you consider the take down more important than Condit landing more strikes. Either way, Condit still won three out of five rounds. The leg kicks are what did it for Condit in round one.
I can't agree with those stupid metrics.. Lets just have the fightmetrics take over and we can all shutup.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.