Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Matt Hughes

Old 02-10-2012, 05:08 AM
Hughes fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
Right, but the point I'm making is that you've already decided that Matt & the majority of other hunters are only in it for sick pleasure.
Oh, I have? That's news to me

Quote:
You've completely dismissed the possibility that Matt's hunting a dangerous animal
No, I haven't. Re-read my posts again. You're not getting it. A great big IF is implied and stated.

Quote:
Nope, perverted & falsified. That's what your opinion is. The links provided to you in this thread prove otherwise. Even when you try to pull the Bible in as support, Mark provides you with reference materials which you then glibly toss aside because you're "too busy". If you're going to ignore all evidence presented against you in favor of a single source document, I would think you'd like to know what that document actually states instead of just relying on your general impression of what you remember it seemed to suggest.
I did read the link. I found no Biblical support to deem hunting for sport as right. If you are so inclined, rather than ramble on and on proof text me to the contrary. That's all I have asked.

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Old 02-10-2012, 11:52 AM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion View Post
Oh, I have? That's news to me

No, I haven't. Re-read my posts again. You're not getting it. A great big IF is implied and stated.

I did read the link. I found no Biblical support to deem hunting for sport as right. If you are so inclined, rather than ramble on and on proof text me to the contrary. That's all I have asked.
This discussion is already over. You laid out 2 scenarios in which it was you would allow for hunting of bobcats & I showed you that both criteria have been met.
Old 02-10-2012, 02:03 PM
Formerly Dethbob

If Matt had killed the bobcat by tearing it apart with his bare hands, I could see what all the fuss was about. Yet when Sampson did just that, with Gods help no less, he was not condemned. Granted the lion was roaring and coming at him, but Benaiah had no such excuse: He followed his lion into a pit on a snowy day, putting his own life at risk to kill the lion. This is recorded not to condemn Benaiah but to explain his inclusion as one of Davidís Mighty Men.

God may love his creatures, but He also has them kill each other continually. The bobcat, in fact, is designed from the toes up to murder cute little woodland creatures, and human beings are natural predators as well. If anyone can come up with a passage that condemns hunting lets hear it, otherwise we may be conforming God to our opinions, rather than the reverse.
Old 02-10-2012, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Do any of those have any relevance? There's waaaaay too much to read with what precious time I have tonight.

Point being, there is no real justification other than our own personal desires to hunt for sport. No Biblical passages I know allow for it, encourage it, or give justice to it.

I'm not a PETA person, but I am a Godly person and I love His creation. It is no less than cruelty to destroy the life of an animal simply for trophy purposes. Again, we all have our flaws - I have many myself - but I'm not jumping on anyone's bandwagon just because I happen to like that person.

God first, everyone else is so far behind him they are invisible, and rightly so.
the bobcat is a beautiful animal .. if there was no reason to hunt it, you wouldnh't be able to get a tag for it ... if matt was standing there with a bunch of praire dogs or coyotes, would you be saying the same thing?
Old 02-10-2012, 02:10 PM

Quote:
This discussion is already over. You laid out 2 scenarios in which it was you would allow for hunting of bobcats & I showed you that both criteria have been met.
hey mod .. why don't you lock the thread if the discussion is over .. oh yeah, that's right ... LOL .. .of course i kid .. plus, i want to get in some more thoughts .. LOL
Old 02-10-2012, 02:24 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
hey mod .. why don't you lock the thread if the discussion is over .. oh yeah, that's right ... LOL .. .of course i kid .. plus, i want to get in some more thoughts .. LOL
Old 02-10-2012, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Old 02-10-2012, 06:45 PM
Hughes fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRShrek View Post
If anyone can come up with a passage that condemns hunting lets hear it, otherwise we may be conforming God to our opinions, rather than the reverse.
There are no passages that condemn hunting, but there are passages that speak of being good to animals and even to honor them for what they do.

Hunting down some wildcat and shooting it purely for the sport (i.e. for the pleasure) of it falls into neither category.

This thread is run its course, and I have better things to do than waste any more time on this subject. I'll go on the record ONE more time and say hunting is NOT wrong, it's actually good and necessary.

Old 02-10-2012, 07:35 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Quote:
There are no passages that condemn hunting, but there are passages that speak of being good to animals and even to honor them for what they do.

Hunting down some wildcat and shooting it purely for the sport (i.e. for the pleasure) of it falls into neither category.

This thread is run its course, and I have better things to do than waste any more time on this subject. I'll go on the record ONE more time and say hunting is NOT wrong, it's actually good and necessary.
Once again, this is not what is going on. You are willingfully choosing to continue in blind ignorance when contrary evidence is literally smacking you in the face.
Old 02-10-2012, 08:06 PM
Hughes fanboy

NM

Last edited by Vizion; 02-10-2012 at 08:42 PM.