Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Matt Hughes

Old 02-09-2012, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter View Post
Population control. People have been hunting bobcats for much longer than you probably imagine. Hunters respect the beast, they honor the animals, and they limit what they take. Matt does wander the countryside shooting the cutest animals that cross his path.
Bobcats were controlled for many years due to overpopulation and the damage they were doing. hunters know more about ecology and caring for the land more than most of the city kid/hipsters ripping into Matt on Twitter.
I bet you 90% of them litter.

anyone who cries about the deer population has never driven I-80 thru Pennsylvania and seen the Interstate bloodbath in the fall.
http://www.imperfectparent.com/topic...led-by-cougar/

This story was in the news this week.

Quote:
It took 17 stitches to patch up young River Hobbs face after he was viciously attacked by a cougar. River was on vacation with his parents at the Big Bend National Park in west Texas when a cougar (also known as a mountain lion), pounced on the 6-year-old boy. The cat reportedly latched on to the boys face. His father, Jason Hobbs, jumped on the cat and tried to pry it off his son by force, when that failed, Hobbs took out a pocket knife and stabbed the cougar in the chest. The cat finally fled.

Riverís mother, Kristi Harris, told Fox News 7 that another family cautioned them about straying too far from their Lodge because they had been attacked by a cougar earlier that day. Harris said they decided to stay close and ventured no further than the Lodge restaurant and back to their room when her son was attacked.

Although River is expected to make a full recovery, he will have to undergo a series of rabies shots upon returning to his home in Leander, Texas.
Old 02-09-2012, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion View Post
There are overpopulations of deer in Pennsylvania, but no bobcats?

My point is if there are so many deer, why would we want to kill a natural predator of the deer?
I don't know anything about the population of bobcats in PA.

Anyways, the hunting of animals in any state is regulated and carefully monitored.

debating hunting is like so many things. development has killed more obcats than hunters ever will.

[
Old 02-09-2012, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella79 View Post
I believe it is Matt's constitutional right to hunt and he is doing it legally so why the questions? That is his private business. He does not need to explain to anyone. You don't agree? Don't look, but to question him nicely is being passive aggressive.. Instead of being a Dan Hardy and going off about it you are being 'nice' to ask? Errrm, just say what you really think... I can't stand passive aggressive types. Go hard or go home.
Relax!

Vizion and I were just giving another opinion. Matt and Mark respect differences of opinions, as they have stated here several times.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 02-09-2012, 06:28 PM
I♥The♔COUNT

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
Relax!

Vizion and I were just giving another opinion. Matt and Mark respect differences of opinions, as they have stated here several times.
I understand and also know Matt well enough to know this question annoys him. Believe me I make a squishy face when he post pics too.. Haha..
Old 02-09-2012, 07:01 PM

Quote:
I understand and also know Matt well enough to know this question annoys him. Believe me I make a squishy face when he post pics too.. Haha..
squishy face pic or gtfo ... lol
Old 02-09-2012, 07:56 PM
Hughes fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter View Post
I don't know anything about the population of bobcats in PA.

Anyways, the hunting of animals in any state is regulated and carefully monitored.

debating hunting is like so many things. development has killed more obcats than hunters ever will.
So, because development has killed more bobcats, certainly hunting makes no matter?

Not sure I get that logic. How does killing an animal NOT intended for food and not being a particular threat to humans, and not serving no intended purpose equate in the end to a Godly act?

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Old 02-09-2012, 08:03 PM
Hughes fanboy

Quote:
Well, if Matt is annoyed he is annoyed, I don't mean to annoy him, I mean to simply ask logical, rational questions in order to receive understanding ... which so far, I've not.

As God LOVES his CREATION (not Matt's creation, nor yours, nor mine), so do I.

Killing a bobcat for sport may be "sporting" and thus "good" in man's eye, but to God killing any of his creatures for sport is wrong.

If I'm wrong, I'd love to hear some hermaneutical backup here, not just random impulse "feelings" on the subject which equate to zero in the end.

And for the record - if bobcat hunting is used to control exploding bobcat populations I'm OK with it. Don't prefer it, but sometimes it need be done. Any other reason is bunk.

Old 02-09-2012, 08:11 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
So, because development has killed more bobcats, certainly hunting makes no matter?

Not sure I get that logic. How does killing an animal NOT intended for food and not being a particular threat to humans, and not serving no intended purpose equate in the end to a Godly act?
God commanded us to be stewards of the world. As Jesus pointed out in the parable of the talents, being a good steward does not mean burying our resources & trying to keep them as is: we are intended to improve what God has given us. Therefore, if there is an overpopulation of bobcats, it's not our job to sit back & say "O golly, nature sure must like bobcats!", but rather to hunt them into suitable limits. The development of their natrual habitats means that, even though many bobcats have died, those still living are in great proximity to humans, therefore making them a danger to our children & our pets.
Old 02-09-2012, 08:13 PM
Hughes fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
God commanded us to be stewards of the world. As Jesus pointed out in the parable of the talents, being a good steward does not mean burying our resources & trying to keep them as is: we are intended to improve what God has given us. Therefore, if there is an overpopulation of bobcats, it's not our job to sit back & say "O golly, nature sure must like bobcats!", but rather to hunt them into suitable limits. The development of their natrual habitats means that, even though many bobcats have died, those still living are in great proximity to humans, therefore making them a danger to our children & our pets.
Do you believe killing animals purely for sport is wrong?

Old 02-09-2012, 08:32 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Do you believe killing animals purely for sport is wrong?
I dunno, that's not an issue I've had to address personally. My knee jerk reaction is that "purely for sport" (i.e. serial-killer-in-training torturing squirrels in the words) is no beuno, but I don't know where I would draw the line.