Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 03-17-2009, 03:01 AM
atomdanger

Default NSAC meets about the GSP/Penn thing tomorrow

http://mmajunkie.com/news/14282/nsac...ay-meeting.mma

Quote:
"I think we have everything we need to (reach a conclusion)," NSAC Executive Director Keith Kizer told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com). "Both camps sent in voluminous documents. We have the video. It happened right in front of us. I don't know what we don't have that we would need. It's almost been two months."

"You've got the [St. Pierre] fans that are like, 'Hey, what's the big deal? This wouldn't have made any difference.' But I don't know how you would prove that it didn't make a difference.

"On the flip side you've got the [Penn] fans that say, 'This is the worst thing ever. Suspend Georges.' But I'm not sure how you prove that it did make a difference, either. I'm not sure how you prove it either way.
Any predictions on what they are going to decide???
Old 03-17-2009, 03:07 AM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger
http://mmajunkie.com/news/14282/nsac...ay-meeting.mma

Any predictions on what they are going to decide???
I don't think it's going to go in BJ's favor at all. I don't think it's going to be nearly as big of a deal as BJ's fans want it to be.

Obviously I could be wrong and I know 2 or 3 of you that are just waiting to jump on me if I am... but oh well.... that's my prediction!

Anyone else?????
Old 03-17-2009, 03:09 AM
Max

I think there might be a fine and maybe they will suspend Nurse but I think the main thing that will / has come out of it is the new rule change and I think they will now watch for it now more than ever.
Old 03-17-2009, 03:29 AM
atomdanger

I think one of a couple things could happen.

At a worst case(for GSP), I see them doing a NC, this is a slim chance.

More than likely, I think they suspend Nurse and maybe Jackson.

I don't think the 250K fine would ever happen lol

I dislike GSP, he doesn't deserve any respect from anybody IMO,
but I don't think what BJ asked for remotely close to what is fair.
If I was in charge, NC. Thats it, no fines, no suspensions.

In my eyes that fight is a NC, because nobody will ever really know how big of a difference it made in the fight, so it should be a no contest
Old 03-17-2009, 03:31 AM
que

Quote:
"You've got the [St. Pierre] fans that are like, 'Hey, what's the big deal? This wouldn't have made any difference.' But I don't know how you would prove that it didn't make a difference.

"On the flip side you've got the [Penn] fans that say, 'This is the worst thing ever. Suspend Georges.' But I'm not sure how you prove that it did make a difference, either. I'm not sure how you prove it either way.
this man lacks logic.

it's not about 'did it make a difference or not'

it's about 'was it illegal or not'

hopefully they will find the truth somewhere in there and justice will be served.
Old 03-17-2009, 03:56 AM
Moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck
I don't think it's going to go in BJ's favor at all. I don't think it's going to be nearly as big of a deal as BJ's fans want it to be.

Obviously I could be wrong and I know 2 or 3 of you that are just waiting to jump on me if I am... but oh well.... that's my prediction!

Anyone else?????
Cosigned.
Old 03-17-2009, 04:13 AM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

I don't think they will do anything but rewrite or clarify the rules. However, I think most of the damage is done. I agree with Dana that GSP's win is just overlooked and the unfortunate focused on.

Quote:
White said it was unfortunate GSP's dominant win was overshadowed by the cornerman controversy.

"He didn't have to put grease on him. ... Georges St. Pierre was winning the fight, he was dominant in the standup and on the ground. To have a fight or a fighter like St. Pierre tainted over a stupidity, I hate it. It sucks."
Old 03-17-2009, 04:16 AM
logrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by que
this man lacks logic.

it's not about 'did it make a difference or not'

it's about 'was it illegal or not'

hopefully they will find the truth somewhere in there and justice will be served.
Exactly
Old 03-17-2009, 04:27 AM
Hughes_GOAT

BJ has other things in his complaint so we'll see where that goes but Nurse is getting schooled.
Old 03-17-2009, 04:41 AM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Do you think Jackson is worried about what George and his people will say?

Quote:

The March 17 meeting promises no resolution to the matter, but it will be the first public review of the polarizing situation.

Jackson hasn’t been summoned to speak by St. Pierre or his representatives – though St. Pierre’s camp plans on giving a “presentation” for the committee – but he’s going anyway. As a trainer to MMA stars, reputation is everything, and he intends on defending his camp.

“Just say what I’ve always said, basically,” he told MMAWeekly.com of his plan. “There was no intent there to cheat. I’ve never cheated on a fight in my life.
“I work really hard. I’m not too smart, so I’ve really got to work hard at it. Put game plans together, get these guys prepared, work with these other coaches. Do all this other stuff, and just to say I’m going to throw all that out the window and grease somebody is not right.”

The trainer still doesn’t have any ill will towards Penn, despite accusations levied at Jackson, Nurse, and St. Pierre that they conspired to “grease” St. Pierre in the much-hyped rematch.

“I really like BJ Penn, I think he’s an amazing fighter,” Jackson continued. “I’m sorry it’s come to a formal complaint, but I’ll just defend myself the way I will. But I have nothing against BJ or his camp.”

Looking back at the incident, Jackson says he doesn’t have any regrets about what happened that night.

“It is what it is,” he said. “You can’t really regret something you didn’t do.”

He will, however, do his part to speak his truth when the regulatory body meets.