Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 02-02-2012, 10:16 PM
VCURamFan's Avatar
VCURamFan VCURamFan is offline
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Basketball Capital of the World
Posts: 14,312
Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default

Here's what this all boils down to: Vizion dislikes Anderson & therefore his view is skewed against him. Presented with possibly incriminating info, Vizion takes it as fact. Presented with alternative examples/explanations, he dismisses them as irrelevant or baseless. There will be no convincing him of his bias.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 02-02-2012, 10:42 PM
Vizion's Avatar
Vizion Vizion is offline
Hughes fanboy
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,214
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
Here's what this all boils down to: Vizion dislikes Anderson & therefore his view is skewed against him. Presented with possibly incriminating info, Vizion takes it as fact. Presented with alternative examples/explanations, he dismisses them as irrelevant or baseless. There will be no convincing him of his bias.
- No, just want to know why the UFC has never denied the 4 offers. I'm not dismissing anything, just not buying the conjecture.

It is possible Chael is full of it, I would agree, but I don't doubt either than Anderson indeed has turned down these offers for obvious reason.
__________________


Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 02-02-2012, 10:47 PM
Vizion's Avatar
Vizion Vizion is offline
Hughes fanboy
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,214
Default

No one is going to "win" this idiotic discussion because there is not enough information given at this time.

Point is, Chael says this within ear shot of DW and there's no DW stepping out and denying it. Makes me wonder.

Chael repeatedly says it - speaking on behalf of the UFC - and there's no denying/invalidating it.

Could be B.S., but maybe not. It certainly wouldn't surprise me if Anderson turned it down 4 times. Chael is not another can for him to easily defeat.
__________________


Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 02-02-2012, 11:40 PM
kevint13's Avatar
kevint13 kevint13 is offline
Student of the Sport
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Greeley, CO
Posts: 682
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion View Post
No one is going to "win" this idiotic discussion because there is not enough information given at this time.

Point is, Chael says this within ear shot of DW and there's no DW stepping out and denying it. Makes me wonder.

Chael repeatedly says it - speaking on behalf of the UFC - and there's no denying/invalidating it.

Could be B.S., but maybe not. It certainly wouldn't surprise me if Anderson turned it down 4 times. Chael is not another can for him to easily defeat.
You're right...I can't prove that the fight was not offered 4 times, I just don't think this happened how Chael claims it did.

Here is a link to Dana explaining the injury and "ducking":
http://www.espn.co.uk/ufc/sport/story/133247.html

Quote:
Sonnen has been on Silva's case for months after the Brazilian showed little willing to rematch the American, who lost their first fight via submission. On Thursday Sonnen claimed Silva had become so irrelevant that he may as well retire, while Dan Henderson has also accused the middleweight champion of ducking fights.

White has defended the Spider though, insisting it is impossible to fake injury in the UFC. He also confirmed that Silva would definitely meet the winner of Sonnen's fight with Michael Bisping.

"Anderson Silva was injured and is recovering from his shoulder injury. It's 100 per cent true, 100 per cent legit," White told the Bleacher Report. "Nobody fakes an injury in the UFC. If you call and say you're injured, we fly you to Las Vegas.

"You see our doctors and we find out what's wrong with you and then we go from there. So it's not true, nobody has faked an injury in our UFC over the last 10 years, meaning the Zuffa era."
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 02-03-2012, 06:03 PM
rockdawg21's Avatar
rockdawg21 rockdawg21 is offline
I'm kind of a big deal
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 5,584
Default

NO

/thread
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 02-04-2012, 02:45 AM
rearnakedchoke rearnakedchoke is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,556
Default

you can really make a case for anyone being overrated ... anderson, gsp, bj, randy, chuck, matt ... anderson has fought who was put in front of him and beat them ... plain and simple ...
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 02-04-2012, 02:57 AM
Vizion's Avatar
Vizion Vizion is offline
Hughes fanboy
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,214
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
you can really make a case for anyone being overrated ... anderson, gsp, bj, randy, chuck, matt ... anderson has fought who was put in front of him and beat them ... plain and simple ...
The difference being that Anderson is constantly claimed to be the best fighter in the world. I would agree, if every one of his victories was against a great fighter, but like the article says most of his opponents are pretty mediocre overall.

And in my view his only good wins have been against a handful of real contenders.
__________________


Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 02-04-2012, 05:37 AM
Neezar's Avatar
Neezar Neezar is offline
SupaDupaMod
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: South
Posts: 6,479
Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
I totally agree with you that Travis Lutter was not only a worthy opponent but he was a very tough win for Anderson.
Yes, Flo, but the real question is.....can anyone Save Junie Browning?!



Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 02-04-2012, 03:59 PM
rearnakedchoke rearnakedchoke is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,556
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion View Post
The difference being that Anderson is constantly claimed to be the best fighter in the world. I would agree, if every one of his victories was against a great fighter, but like the article says most of his opponents are pretty mediocre overall.

And in my view his only good wins have been against a handful of real contenders.
like i said, if you wanted to, you could make a case for anyone ... i could say that gsp beat hardy who is one loss away from getting cut, serra who isn't even fighting ... i could say it about jones ... he beat guys like shogun, rampage and lyoto who's best days are behind them ... anderson doesn't pick his opponents, he fights who he is given .. and he beats them
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.