Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 02-02-2012, 09:35 PM
Hughes fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevint13 View Post
Who knows...I don't think he cares what Chael thinks. I'm sure him and his camp could care less what Chael has said about him. Ed Soares got in trouble with Anderson for saying things that Anderson did not agree with. Maybe this has something to do with it.

Here is what I don't understand...why do you all believe anything Chael says? Doesn't his history of mortgage fraud and how he handled a failed drug test make you want to question what he says?
Why not believe him? The UFC has nothing to lose in invalidating a false claim that Anderson turned down the rematch with Chael 4 times.

Anderson's camp may not care what Chael thinks, but they do fear him as an opponent being he almost dethroned their champion. That, along with 4 duckings to SIGN a fight makes me think Anderson is just hoping Chael will go away. Maybe they'll give him a few more cans before retirement. Anderson wants to go out on top.

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Old 02-02-2012, 09:38 PM
Hughes fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
Does the UFC make it common practice to dispute accusations of fighters ducking opponents? Why would they?
Chael's claims have been far more intertwined then the casual "he's been ducking me". Chael is speaking on behalf of the UFC when he says THEY tried to set up a rematch on 4 occasions. Their non-denial of said claim indicates to me there could be truth in it.

Fact is, there most likely is. Cementing the fact that Anderson is ducking him.

Old 02-02-2012, 09:52 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion View Post
Chael's claims have been far more intertwined then the casual "he's been ducking me". Chael is speaking on behalf of the UFC when he says THEY tried to set up a rematch on 4 occasions. Their non-denial of said claim indicates to me there could be truth in it.

Fact is, there most likely is. Cementing the fact that Anderson is ducking him.
For years the AKA boys were clamoring that Matt was ducking all of them & that they had been begging the UFC for that fight. The UFC never said word one to defend Matt.
Old 02-02-2012, 10:02 PM
Hughes fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
For years the AKA boys were clamoring that Matt was ducking all of them & that they had been begging the UFC for that fight. The UFC never said word one to defend Matt.
The difference being, the AKA boys were asking for the fight. In Chael's case, the UFC brass themselves were asking Anderson for a rematch.

Old 02-02-2012, 10:03 PM

Quote:
I'd say Lutter is good, but no one here agrees with me there
I totally agree with you that Travis Lutter was not only a worthy opponent but he was a very tough win for Anderson.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 02-02-2012, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
And maybe, just maybe, Anderson doesn't want to get into a public pissing contest. (thank goodness for small favors!)
Amen to that!

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 02-02-2012, 10:26 PM
Student of the Sport

Quote:
Why not believe him? The UFC has nothing to lose in invalidating a false claim that Anderson turned down the rematch with Chael 4 times.

Anderson's camp may not care what Chael thinks, but they do fear him as an opponent being he almost dethroned their champion. That, along with 4 duckings to SIGN a fight makes me think Anderson is just hoping Chael will go away. Maybe they'll give him a few more cans before retirement. Anderson wants to go out on top.
Why should I not believe him? He lied to the commission and then rather than admitting fault, he threw his trainer under the bus and blamed him. Just like VCU said, AKA boys said that Matt ducked them....Matt was never even offered the fight. So based on Chael's character and past experiences with supposed fighters ducking fighters, kinda makes me think he is full of it.

Chael has been off suspension for what now, 8 months? Did he or anyone honestly think he would get an immediate rematch when he got back? Anderson was already locked up to fight Okami. Chael then signed to fight Stann in October. Yes, after that win it was planned to have him fight Anderson....but Anderson was still injured. Sorry, but I just don't see it that the UFC offered this fight to him 4 times in that time frame.

If the UFC thought that he was ducking him, don't you think they would have stripped him of the title? Or is this just some big conspiracy against Chael?
Old 02-02-2012, 10:40 PM
Hughes fanboy

Quote:
Sorry, but I just don't see it that the UFC offered this fight to him 4 times in that time frame.
Of course they did, they knew that this was the only worthy fight for Anderson. Okami? Again, the UFC has neither validated nor invalidated Chael's true or false claim.

Which leaves many to speculate that Chael's telling the truth.

Old 02-02-2012, 10:57 PM
Student of the Sport

Quote:
Of course they did, they knew that this was the only worthy fight for Anderson. Okami? Again, the UFC has neither validated nor invalidated Chael's true or false claim.

Which leaves many to speculate that Chael's telling the truth.
Chael was able to re-apply for a license at the end of June (I think). There is NO guarantee that he would get approved...chances were good, but no guarantee. Anderson fought Okami in August, so it was likely signed in May.

Chael fought Stann in October, so that was probably signed in August. After he won the UFC said that they were going to try for the rematch Super Bowl weekend. This fell through because Anderson is recovering from a shoulder injury, so Chael signed to fight Munoz and ended up fighting Bisping.

What I am saying is that I HIGHLY doubt that the UFC were going to give Chael a rematch once he got off suspension (the initial plan for TUF should explain that). If they were going to fight in February it would have been signed in November, so I can't see the UFC offering Anderson this fight 4 times in that window of time.

And to add another tidbit, the fight would have been in Vegas....Chael, at the time of his fight with Stann, was not licensed in Nevada and had until the end of December to apply.

The UFC's stance is that Anderson is injured....but I guess you would rather believe Chael than them.
Old 02-02-2012, 11:12 PM
Hughes fanboy

Quote:
Chael was able to re-apply for a license at the end of June (I think). There is NO guarantee that he would get approved...chances were good, but no guarantee. Anderson fought Okami in August, so it was likely signed in May.

Chael fought Stann in October, so that was probably signed in August. After he won the UFC said that they were going to try for the rematch Super Bowl weekend. This fell through because Anderson is recovering from a shoulder injury, so Chael signed to fight Munoz and ended up fighting Bisping.

What I am saying is that I HIGHLY doubt that the UFC were going to give Chael a rematch once he got off suspension (the initial plan for TUF should explain that). If they were going to fight in February it would have been signed in November, so I can't see the UFC offering Anderson this fight 4 times in that window of time.

And to add another tidbit, the fight would have been in Vegas....Chael, at the time of his fight with Stann, was not licensed in Nevada and had until the end of December to apply.

The UFC's stance is that Anderson is injured....but I guess you would rather believe Chael than them.
You have doubts, Chael has words, and the UFC has nothing to say.

Leaves it open to question, and until I hear a denial from the UFC I'm thinking there is truth to it.