Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 01-30-2012, 06:31 AM

I don't think he is overrated, but he has presided over a very weak middleweight division. This is not his fault, but it opens the door for skeptics to question the strength of his legacy.
Old 01-30-2012, 06:48 AM
Hughes fanboy

His best victories have been against questionable opponents. I agree he has beaten everyone put in front of him, sure, but c'mon. An aged Hendo, a star fallen Vitor, a one dimensional Chael (though Chael did win that fight

Otherwise his list of competition as the article says is pretty lackluster overall.

I'd say Lutter is good, but no one here agrees with me there

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Old 01-30-2012, 10:05 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion View Post
but no one here agrees with me
Nope, nobody agrees with you.
Old 02-01-2012, 01:43 AM
Hughes fanboy

It's pretty simple.

If Anderson fought PRIMARILY mediocre fighters - then what did those victories mean in terms of defining his legacy?

Well, it means his victories THEMSELVES are OVERRATED over those guys. To me, his only impressive wins were Franklin, Hendo and Chael.

Of course, he has DUCKED Chael 4 times according to Chael.

Anyone want to dispute he has done that? So far as I know Anderson himself hasn't denied it, nor has Dana White.

Anderson is not a true champion if he cowers away from the only guy he has given him a challenge.

Old 02-02-2012, 02:51 AM
Student of the Sport

Quote:

Anyone want to dispute he has done that? So far as I know Anderson himself hasn't denied it, nor has Dana White.

Anderson is not a true champion if he cowers away from the only guy he has given him a challenge.
Do you honestly believe the UFC would allow him to duck an opponent? He is injured with a shoulder injury. Any time a fighter is injured, the UFC is well aware of the situation and has likely been seen by a doctor of their choice. I think they are not saying anything because Chael is doing a heck of a job promoting and building interest in the fight by spinning the truth.
Old 02-02-2012, 03:00 AM
Hughes fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevint13 View Post
Do you honestly believe the UFC would allow him to duck an opponent? He is injured with a shoulder injury. Any time a fighter is injured, the UFC is well aware of the situation and has likely been seen by a doctor of their choice. I think they are not saying anything because Chael is doing a heck of a job promoting and building interest in the fight by spinning the truth.
Could be true. But why would Anderson's camp NOT deny the claim?

The UFC can't stop fighters from Tweeting.

Old 02-02-2012, 03:11 AM
Student of the Sport

Quote:
Could be true. But why would Anderson's camp NOT deny the claim?

The UFC can't stop fighters from Tweeting.
OK, here are two recent tweets from Anderson:

Quote:
E a pessoal como vo as coisas por a? Aqui treino e fisioterapia e por a ? Ooosss
Translation from Google: And folks how are things there? Here training and physical therapy and so on? Ooosss

Quote:
Good morning everybody , today will be a busy day , physiotherapy and more here we go
Translation from Google: Good morning everybody , today will be a busy day , physiotherapy and more here we go
Old 02-02-2012, 04:10 AM
Hughes fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevint13 View Post
Translation from Google: Good morning everybody , today will be a busy day , physiotherapy and more here we go
This prove he's not ducking? When did he first make these announcements? Why has he never addressed the ducking allegations?

Old 02-02-2012, 01:17 PM
Student of the Sport

Quote:
This prove he's not ducking? When did he first make these announcements? Why has he never addressed the ducking allegations?
Who knows...I don't think he cares what Chael thinks. I'm sure him and his camp could care less what Chael has said about him. Ed Soares got in trouble with Anderson for saying things that Anderson did not agree with. Maybe this has something to do with it.

Here is what I don't understand...why do you all believe anything Chael says? Doesn't his history of mortgage fraud and how he handled a failed drug test make you want to question what he says?
Old 02-02-2012, 01:49 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
It's pretty simple.

If Anderson fought PRIMARILY mediocre fighters - then what did those victories mean in terms of defining his legacy?

Well, it means his victories THEMSELVES are OVERRATED over those guys. To me, his only impressive wins were Franklin, Hendo and Chael.

Does the UFC make it common practice to dispute accusations of fighters ducking opponents? Why would they? It's smack. Some people like it. So it's sometimes good for business.

And maybe, just maybe, Anderson doesn't want to get into a public pissing contest. (thank goodness for small favors!)