Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 01-29-2012, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
the one thing I said in my predictions video was...IF it goes to a decision, Chael Sonnen WILL win...so I cant say I'm suprised
LOL Oh great seer into the future!
Old 01-29-2012, 12:35 PM

I don't think Chael deserved the w at all there. He won the 3rd round but takedowns don't mean s*** when when nothing follows it and/or the opponent gets up.
Old 01-29-2012, 04:44 PM
Hughes fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buc Nasty View Post
I don't think Chael deserved the w at all there. He won the 3rd round but takedowns don't mean s*** when when nothing follows it and/or the opponent gets up.
Check this Fightmetric link - shows clearly Chael landed more significant strikes than Bisping.

They give the win easily to Chael. http://blog.fightmetric.com/2012/01/...icial-ufc.html

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/

Last edited by Vizion; 01-29-2012 at 05:44 PM.
Old 01-29-2012, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevint13 View Post
But you would have to agree that there is no way 30-27 was a correct scoring of the fight.
I don't *have to* agree with that at all! I thought Chael won 30-27. Of course, I can't stand the guy (Bisping) so I may be biased. However, mmafighting.com scored it 30-27 as well.

Quote:
Round 1: Sonnen gets the takedown eight seconds into the fight, but Bisping soon after pops back to his feet. Sonnen closes the distance into clinch. They separate only for Sonnen to score the takedown. Sonnen lands a number of left hands before Bisping fights his way back to his feet. As easy as Sonnen has made it look to take Bisping on the floor, Bisping has done an excellent job bringing the fight back to standing. Bisping wins over the crowd, momentarily, with a spinning back kick. Sonnen shakes Bisping up with an overhand right Sonnen shoots and they're once again battling for control in clinch. They dirty box in clinch but neither is getting a clear edge. MMA Fighting gives the edge to Sonnen 10-9.

Round 2: Bisping lands a straight right. Sonnen collides with Sonnen into clinch. Bisping reverses Sonnen against the cage. The two middleweights engage in a duel of dirty boxing until the 3:16 mark when McCarthy having seen enough, separates them. Sonnen shoots and finishes the takedown with just under three minutes remaining. Bisping creates the space to escape but Sonnen capitalizes with punches as the Brit returns to his feet. Bisping lands a nice straight punch. Bisping briefly tries for the takedown and they're back in clinch. Bisping is keeping this fight close with his superior boxing. MMA Fighting scores another close round 10-9 for Sonnen.

Round 3: Sonnen starts with a straight left. Sonnen then powerfully drives Bisping towards the cage to complete the takedown. BIsping escapes to his feet but Sonnen swings around to take his back. Sonnen rolls, gets both hooks in and receives a huge pop from the crowd. Sonnen is thinking arm-triangle and claims full mount at 2:31. Bisping successfully bucks up Sonnen to escape to halfguard. To Bisping's credit, he's done a great job off his back, not allowing Sonnen to deliver any significant ground and pound. Bisping escapes and actually puts Sonnen on his back to close the fight with punches. Round three was Sonnen's best. MMA Fighting scores the round 10-9 and the fight 30-27 for Sonnen.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 01-29-2012, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion View Post
Check this Fightmetric link - shows clearly Chael landed more significant strikes than Bisping.

They give the win easily to Chael. http://blog.fightmetric.com/2012/01/...icial-ufc.html
Thats their opinion, doesn't change the fact I gave the first 2 rounds to Bipsing. Chael was swinging but Bisping landed the cleaner shots and controlled Chael pretty well considering their styles.

29-28.
Old 01-29-2012, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion View Post
He did, but he didn't land anything that remotely even HURT Chael They "played" with each other on the fence, no more. Chael took him down twice in the first 3 minutes of rd 1 - so right there he won HALF of rd 1 for certain. All Mike did for the next half was control Chael's posture against the fence for 65% of the remaining time.

He did look a bit wild, but you don't know he'll look like that against Anderson. He looked super-drained from his (40lbs) weight cut, and not all there. Yet still managed to beat Bisping decisively enough to win a decision by all 3 judges.
http://mmajunkie.com/news/27188/foll...hamp-silva.mma

Quote:
"I was surprised about everything," Sonnen said. "Michael Bisping hit me so hard in the first round that I didn't even know what day it was. I remember when I came to, looking at him and thinking, 'Oh my God, you have no idea how bad you hurt me or you'd step in and do something about it.'"

In fact, until the final scores were read, Sonnen wondered if the No. 1 contender's bout was about to end in disaster.

"The only round I knew I had was the third," he said. "I thought I might have one of the first two, but I didn't know I had it.

"I was never in a position tonight where I was comfortable. Not once."
Old 01-29-2012, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play The Man View Post

That's for all the Bispig Haters who say he has pillows for fists.
Old 01-29-2012, 06:19 PM
Hughes fanboy

Thanks for pointing out a contradiction of mine - however, it didn't LOOK like he had been hurt.

How do those apples taste?

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Old 01-29-2012, 06:24 PM
Student of the Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
I don't *have to* agree with that at all! I thought Chael won 30-27. Of course, I can't stand the guy (Bisping) so I may be biased. However, mmafighting.com scored it 30-27 as well.
Too bad Dana, mmafighting, and myself weren't the judges....then Bisping would have won!

I actually watched the fight again and the first round was closer than I initially remember. I still think Bisping won the round, but I can also see how it was scored for Chael.
Old 01-29-2012, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevint13 View Post
Too bad Dana, mmafighting, and myself weren't the judges....then Bisping would have won!

I actually watched the fight again and the first round was closer than I initially remember. I still think Bisping won the round, but I can also see how it was scored for Chael.
Kevin, mmmafighting scored it a unanimous win for Chael. And to be completely honest, I actually thought it should be scored 29-28 Sonnen, not 30-27.

One of the reasons I like discussing the fights is that we all see it our own way and try to get each other to see things in the same light. But none of us are ever persuaded...

Keeps the discussions lively, though.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16