Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 01-29-2012, 04:34 AM
Hughes fanboy

Default Chael won

...it was close, Bisping looked great overall, Chael looked tired from weight cut, but I felt they tied rd 1, Bisping won 2, Chael won 3 with more decisive performance than Bisping in rd 2. Of course - Chael had 2 successful takedown in rd 1, Mike had 3 unsuccessful spinning kicks in rd 1. Mike's striking was way better than Chael's, but the up against the fence was back and forth in rd 1. I can see why the judges favored Chael in that round because not a whole lot happened.

Chael needs to cut weight much earlier for his rematch fight with Anderson.

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/

Last edited by Vizion; 01-29-2012 at 04:42 AM.
Old 01-29-2012, 04:40 AM
Student of the Sport

I thought Bisping won, but it could have gone either way. I knew when they announced 30-27 on one of the cards that Sonnen won.

Chael looked a little out of control in the first part of the fight. If he fights against Anderson the way he fought tonight, he will get beat.
Old 01-29-2012, 04:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion View Post
...it was close, Bisping looked great overall, Chael looked tired from weight cut, but I felt they tied rd 1, Bisping won 2, Chael won 3 with more decisive performance than Bisping in rd 2.

Chael needs to cut weight much earlier for his rematch fight with Anderson.
I agree Chael looked tired and worn out before the fight even started.
Mike did good but I also think Chael took it.

Now we just have to wait 2 weeks for Silvas camp to release news of Anderson Breaking his neck or spraining his back in training....
So he will be out until next year.
Old 01-29-2012, 04:49 AM
Hughes fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevint13 View Post
I thought Bisping won, but it could have gone either way. I knew when they announced 30-27 on one of the cards that Sonnen won.
I can see maybe Bisping winning one round, but how did he win two?

Quote:
Chael looked a little out of control in the first part of the fight. If he fights against Anderson the way he fought tonight, he will get beat.
Chael is a pretty one dimensional fighter - just great at wrestling, but he's so tough. I think he will defeat Anderson.

(again )

Old 01-29-2012, 04:57 AM
Student of the Sport

Quote:
I can see maybe Bisping winning one round, but how did he win two?

Chael is a pretty one dimensional fighter - just great at wrestling, but he's so tough. I think he will defeat Anderson.

(again )
I thought Bisping landed better strikes and had more control. Bisping had him against the cage and did more from the clinch.

Being tough is a great asset, but going in wildly against Anderson will get him caught and likely finished.

(Again )
Old 01-29-2012, 05:37 AM
Hughes fanboy

Quote:
I thought Bisping landed better strikes and had more control. Bisping had him against the cage and did more from the clinch.
He did, but he didn't land anything that remotely even HURT Chael They "played" with each other on the fence, no more. Chael took him down twice in the first 3 minutes of rd 1 - so right there he won HALF of rd 1 for certain. All Mike did for the next half was control Chael's posture against the fence for 65% of the remaining time.

Quote:
Being tough is a great asset, but going in wildly against Anderson will get him caught and likely finished.
He did look a bit wild, but you don't know he'll look like that against Anderson. He looked super-drained from his (40lbs) weight cut, and not all there. Yet still managed to beat Bisping decisively enough to win a decision by all 3 judges.

Old 01-29-2012, 05:50 AM
Student of the Sport

Quote:
He did, but he didn't land anything that remotely even HURT Chael They "played" with each other on the fence, no more. Chael took him down twice in the first 3 minutes of rd 1 - so right there he won HALF of rd 1 for certain. All Mike did for the next half was control Chael's posture against the fence for 65% of the remaining time.
Really? Ask Chael if he was ever hurt in the fight. And hurting someone is not required to win a fight (See Dominick Cruz).

The way I saw it was Chael took him down, Bisping ate a few punches on the way up and then controlled Chael. To me you can't score a half of a round for Chael when he did nothing with the takedown.

Quote:
Yet still managed to beat Bisping decisively enough to win a decision by all 3 judges
So if Bisping would have won the decision, do you think there would be controversy?

We can agree to disagree. I am not going to change your opinion and you aren't going to change mine. But you would have to agree that there is no way 30-27 was a correct scoring of the fight.
Old 01-29-2012, 05:58 AM
Hughes fanboy

Quote:
Really? Ask Chael if he was ever hurt in the fight. And hurting someone is not required to win a fight (See Dominick Cruz).

The way I saw it was Chael took him down, Bisping ate a few punches on the way up and then controlled Chael. To me you can't score a half of a round for Chael when he did nothing with the takedown.
Take downs establish control of the fight. He may not have kept it, but he did establish control and that counts for more than just pressing someone into a fence.

Quote:
So if Bisping would have won the decision, do you think there would be controversy?
Yes for certain. It was a close fight, but Chael definatley proved that he was more aggressive with the TD's and dictated the tone of the fight with them. Bisping didn't damage Chael either - that was much of the reason why he didn't win the scorecards.

Quote:
We can agree to disagree. I am not going to change your opinion and you aren't going to change mine. But you would have to agree that there is no way 30-27 was a correct scoring of the fight.
I agree that the 30-27 was a joke - couldn't figure where that came from.

Old 01-29-2012, 06:20 AM
Hughes fanboy

I just watched the fight again.

Pretty boring overall, but not once did Bisping EVER have Chael in any real danger.

Chael, on the other hand had Bisping in danger on several occasions. Another huge factor the judges looked at.

Old 01-29-2012, 10:48 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

the one thing I said in my predictions video was...IF it goes to a decision, Chael Sonnen WILL win...so I cant say I'm suprised