Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-29-2012, 04:34 AM
Vizion's Avatar
Vizion Vizion is offline
Hughes fanboy
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,214
Default Chael won

...it was close, Bisping looked great overall, Chael looked tired from weight cut, but I felt they tied rd 1, Bisping won 2, Chael won 3 with more decisive performance than Bisping in rd 2. Of course - Chael had 2 successful takedown in rd 1, Mike had 3 unsuccessful spinning kicks in rd 1. Mike's striking was way better than Chael's, but the up against the fence was back and forth in rd 1. I can see why the judges favored Chael in that round because not a whole lot happened.

Chael needs to cut weight much earlier for his rematch fight with Anderson.
__________________


Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/

Last edited by Vizion; 01-29-2012 at 04:42 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-29-2012, 04:40 AM
kevint13's Avatar
kevint13 kevint13 is offline
Student of the Sport
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Greeley, CO
Posts: 682
Default

I thought Bisping won, but it could have gone either way. I knew when they announced 30-27 on one of the cards that Sonnen won.

Chael looked a little out of control in the first part of the fight. If he fights against Anderson the way he fought tonight, he will get beat.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-29-2012, 04:42 AM
JavierDLC's Avatar
JavierDLC JavierDLC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: El Paso Texas
Posts: 2,306
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion View Post
...it was close, Bisping looked great overall, Chael looked tired from weight cut, but I felt they tied rd 1, Bisping won 2, Chael won 3 with more decisive performance than Bisping in rd 2.

Chael needs to cut weight much earlier for his rematch fight with Anderson.
I agree Chael looked tired and worn out before the fight even started.
Mike did good but I also think Chael took it.

Now we just have to wait 2 weeks for Silvas camp to release news of Anderson Breaking his neck or spraining his back in training....
So he will be out until next year.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-29-2012, 04:49 AM
Vizion's Avatar
Vizion Vizion is offline
Hughes fanboy
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,214
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevint13 View Post
I thought Bisping won, but it could have gone either way. I knew when they announced 30-27 on one of the cards that Sonnen won.
I can see maybe Bisping winning one round, but how did he win two?

Quote:
Chael looked a little out of control in the first part of the fight. If he fights against Anderson the way he fought tonight, he will get beat.
Chael is a pretty one dimensional fighter - just great at wrestling, but he's so tough. I think he will defeat Anderson.



(again )
__________________


Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-29-2012, 04:57 AM
kevint13's Avatar
kevint13 kevint13 is offline
Student of the Sport
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Greeley, CO
Posts: 682
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion View Post
I can see maybe Bisping winning one round, but how did he win two?

Chael is a pretty one dimensional fighter - just great at wrestling, but he's so tough. I think he will defeat Anderson.



(again )
I thought Bisping landed better strikes and had more control. Bisping had him against the cage and did more from the clinch.

Being tough is a great asset, but going in wildly against Anderson will get him caught and likely finished.

(Again )
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-29-2012, 05:37 AM
Vizion's Avatar
Vizion Vizion is offline
Hughes fanboy
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,214
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevint13 View Post
I thought Bisping landed better strikes and had more control. Bisping had him against the cage and did more from the clinch.
He did, but he didn't land anything that remotely even HURT Chael They "played" with each other on the fence, no more. Chael took him down twice in the first 3 minutes of rd 1 - so right there he won HALF of rd 1 for certain. All Mike did for the next half was control Chael's posture against the fence for 65% of the remaining time.

Quote:
Being tough is a great asset, but going in wildly against Anderson will get him caught and likely finished.
He did look a bit wild, but you don't know he'll look like that against Anderson. He looked super-drained from his (40lbs) weight cut, and not all there. Yet still managed to beat Bisping decisively enough to win a decision by all 3 judges.
__________________


Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-29-2012, 05:50 AM
kevint13's Avatar
kevint13 kevint13 is offline
Student of the Sport
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Greeley, CO
Posts: 682
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion View Post
He did, but he didn't land anything that remotely even HURT Chael They "played" with each other on the fence, no more. Chael took him down twice in the first 3 minutes of rd 1 - so right there he won HALF of rd 1 for certain. All Mike did for the next half was control Chael's posture against the fence for 65% of the remaining time.
Really? Ask Chael if he was ever hurt in the fight. And hurting someone is not required to win a fight (See Dominick Cruz).

The way I saw it was Chael took him down, Bisping ate a few punches on the way up and then controlled Chael. To me you can't score a half of a round for Chael when he did nothing with the takedown.

Quote:
Yet still managed to beat Bisping decisively enough to win a decision by all 3 judges
So if Bisping would have won the decision, do you think there would be controversy?

We can agree to disagree. I am not going to change your opinion and you aren't going to change mine. But you would have to agree that there is no way 30-27 was a correct scoring of the fight.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-29-2012, 05:58 AM
Vizion's Avatar
Vizion Vizion is offline
Hughes fanboy
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,214
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevint13 View Post
Really? Ask Chael if he was ever hurt in the fight. And hurting someone is not required to win a fight (See Dominick Cruz).

The way I saw it was Chael took him down, Bisping ate a few punches on the way up and then controlled Chael. To me you can't score a half of a round for Chael when he did nothing with the takedown.
Take downs establish control of the fight. He may not have kept it, but he did establish control and that counts for more than just pressing someone into a fence.

Quote:
So if Bisping would have won the decision, do you think there would be controversy?
Yes for certain. It was a close fight, but Chael definatley proved that he was more aggressive with the TD's and dictated the tone of the fight with them. Bisping didn't damage Chael either - that was much of the reason why he didn't win the scorecards.

Quote:
We can agree to disagree. I am not going to change your opinion and you aren't going to change mine. But you would have to agree that there is no way 30-27 was a correct scoring of the fight.
I agree that the 30-27 was a joke - couldn't figure where that came from.
__________________


Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-29-2012, 06:20 AM
Vizion's Avatar
Vizion Vizion is offline
Hughes fanboy
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,214
Default

I just watched the fight again.

Pretty boring overall, but not once did Bisping EVER have Chael in any real danger.

Chael, on the other hand had Bisping in danger on several occasions. Another huge factor the judges looked at.
__________________


Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-29-2012, 10:48 AM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,923
Default

the one thing I said in my predictions video was...IF it goes to a decision, Chael Sonnen WILL win...so I cant say I'm suprised
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.