Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 01-26-2012, 06:22 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default UFC on Fox 2 Presser

Chael came out with a replica belt!
Old 01-26-2012, 10:41 PM
Miss Foxy

Lol the presser was hilarious OMG Chael is muy loco!! Bisping looked so handsome!
Old 01-26-2012, 11:59 PM

Chael Is The F'ing Man!!!!!

W A R ! ! ! !

Best part was Chael's Speech to Mike!!
Old 01-27-2012, 01:28 AM
3dlee

Chael Sonnen is the f'in man. Out of currently active fighters, he's tied for my second favorite. Matt, followed by Chael and Hendo. Not only by his promos and interview, but Chael is a bad mofo in the Octagon. He may not finish all of his opponents, but he makes em look horrible. He outclassed Anderson Silva for 22 1/2 minutes. Made Nate Marquardt and Brian Stann look like they were in the wrong weight class. If Chael could make the cut to 170 and not lose a lot in the transfer, hed be champ. Its tough right now because the 145, 170, 185, and 205 champs really seem like theyre gonna keep theyre titles for a while. Probably 135 too with Cruz. I think Frankie still has a long way to go to establish that dominance and JDS certainly does.

but back on point, you take AS out of 185 and I think that it'd either be Sonnen or Hendo holding that title for a long time. Sonnen just needs to avoid a rematch with Maia.
Old 01-27-2012, 03:10 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Chael Sonnen Brings Title Belt to UFC on FOX 2 Press Conference

Quote:
Although the UFC (as well as the rest of the world) recognizes Anderson Silva as the world middleweight champion, that's not stopping contender Chael Sonnen from walking around with his own replica belt.

A day after wearing the belt over his shoulder for an ESPN2 interview, Sonnen brought the belt to Thursday's UFC on FOX 2 press conference for everyone to take a closer look at the W Chicago City Center in Chicago.

"This is the world championship title of which I took from Anderson Silva," Sonnen explained of the belt in front of him. "In this country, possession is nine-tenths of the law. Finders keepers, losers weepers, and if he wants it back, he knows where to find me."

If Sonnen wants the real title, he'll have to beat Michael Bisping on Saturday to earn a title shot against Silva. To make matters confusing, Sonnen for the past month-and-a-half has insisted a rematch with Silva will not happen, claiming he's done chasing after a rematch with Silva. Instead, Sonnen said he would cash in his No. 1 contender voucher against a champion in another weight class.

On Thursday, White cleared up the situation, reiterating that the winner of Sonnen-Bisping will take on Silva for the belt in the summer.

"Chael's nuts," White said. "He says all kinds of crazy things. He's [claims he's] champion ... Listen to me. Okay? Listen to me. He's not the champion. He will fight Anderson Silva if he wins. He will not fight for the heavyweight championship or Jon Bones Jones."

Interestingly, Sonnen has strayed from trashing Bisping or previous opponent Mark Munoz leading up to UFC on FOX 2, instead sticking to cutting pro wrestling promos about emerging victorious on Saturday. It's clear as focused as Sonnen is on Bisping, there's still business to be settled between himself and Silva.

"I believe that I am the true champion," Sonnen said. "This is the true UFC belt. This was Anderson Silva's belt. I took his belt like a gangster in the night ... If he wants his belt back, he can come and get it. But as far as I'm concerned, he's as irrelevant as Mike Tyson. The only thing he hasn't done is announce his retirement. He sound paint his face, gain a hundred pounds, sit in the third row and hope somebody remembers who they are because neither of those guys matter anymore."
Old 01-27-2012, 03:11 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

UFC on FOX 2 Pre-Fight Press Conference Highlights

Quote:
CHICAGO -- The UFC on FOX 2 pre-fight press conference took place Thursday afternoon at The W Hotel in downtown Chicago. Not surprisingly considering the characters involved, it turned out to be one of the most entertaining press conferences of the year, highlighted by Chael Sonnen coming out with a fake middleweight title belt. Watch the highlights below.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2012/01/2...ce-highlights/
Old 01-27-2012, 05:48 PM
County Mike

Chael is pretty darn funny. Looking forward to him smashing Bisping and getting another shot at Silva.
Old 01-27-2012, 08:03 PM
Hughes fanboy

Nothing else matters about this card.

Only Chael.

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Old 01-27-2012, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion View Post
Nothing else matters about this card.

Only Chael.
Amen My Brother!
Old 01-27-2012, 08:52 PM
Miss Foxy

www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCowF-I1p3U
The Count