Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 01-10-2012, 08:33 PM
gymcoach97

Default Alright Ladies - Need Your Help/Advice

This weekend I was in San Antonio for a strength and conditioning conference. I got a chance to meet up with Rockdawg as he cruised downtown and we grabbed some food on the Riverwalk. He's a great guy as everyone seems to be on the MH forum!

Anyway, the morning of my departure, I woke up and decided to just spend the extra cash and grab some food from the restaurant inside of my hotel. So, I approach the hostess, browse the menu, and decide on some oatmeal. While the hostess who waited on me went to get my stuff, another girl came up to take her spot. She was the second hostess working that morning.

While I was awaiting my food, she asked me if I were a strength coach, etc. and we started conversing a bit. She was pretty cute, so I decided that I was just going to hang out and eat at a table that is just outside of the restaurant. I continued to chat with the girl when she wasn't seating customers and found out that she was originally from the Midwest and even had a sister in Illinois.

There was just something about her and I felt like there was mutual interest - maybe I read the signs all wrong. Well, I was in a bit of a hurry and decided not to attempt to get her contact info since I live about 6.5-7 hours away. But, now I regret that. While it's a long-shot, sometimes betting on a long-shot can prove to be a big winner!

So, now to my question - I don't know the girl's last name or anything like that nor do I know when she actually works. However, I am thinking of sending some flowers to the restaurant for her (very simple...nothing extravagant or over the top)...probably go with whatever the florist would recommend...and reminding her of who I am and letting her know that I regret not asking for her contact info and providing her with my info and if she is interested - she'll obviously call and if she isn't...then I'll know. And, I'll write something to that effect in the card as well (i.e. if I don't hear from you, then I hope you at least enjoy the flowers...good luck...etc.).

Will this be perceived as flattering or stalker-like? I don't want to come off as a psycho person or something. If the majority thinks that it's a bit scary, then I'll just let it go.

I'm not a girl...so, I have no idea how this type of thing might be perceived. So, all of you wonderful, estrogen-filled females help me out on this one!!

I appreciate the advice.

Thanks!
- Chris
Old 01-10-2012, 08:39 PM
BamaGrits84

Flattering. If she didn't conact you back and then you called her at work repeatedly that would be stalking. Some risk are worth taking but the only way to find out is to take them.
Old 01-10-2012, 08:44 PM
Miss Foxy

I think that's a wonderful idea!! If she thinks your a stalker or some non-sense then she's full of herself. I hope all works out for you and don't lose those sweet values!
Old 01-10-2012, 09:44 PM

I agree! I think it's a lovely gesture and you give her the option of whether to contact you or not. Even if she doesn't, that's still a thoughtful thing to do and you will probably make her day to get flowers. Plus, if it works out if makes a great story for your grandkids

Good luck!

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 01-10-2012, 10:50 PM

Flattering.

I like that you're including the part about "if I don't hear from you...." and wishing her luck. I think that will put her at ease.

Hope you get the response you'd like, Chris.
Old 01-11-2012, 02:51 AM
Stump Rules!

Send flowers and hurry up. Don't forget to include your number

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 01-11-2012, 10:40 AM
Super Moderator

Yep, send the flowers. Good luck!!

~Amy

My son made this for me:
Old 01-11-2012, 12:40 PM
County Mike

Go for it!