Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 01-23-2012, 03:20 AM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default Bas Rutten says the "glassed-jawed" Alistair Overeem will lose to Junior dos Santos

Bas picking against a fellow Dutch fighter? O snaps!

Quote:
MMA legend, Bas Rutten, believes that Alistair Overeem will lose in his upcoming matchup with Junior dos Santos partly due to his glass jaw according to mmamania.com.

"I think Alistair, everything he does is one single shot because he knows he's got that glass jaw as well. He's been knocked out quite a few times in the past, even by Chuck Liddell as well. Every time when he punches, one hand is up. He throws single shots; he doesn't throw combinations," Rutten said.

Overeem sports a 36-11 and one no contest record. Of his 11 defeats, six are TKO/KO losses to the likes of Chuck Liddell, Antonio Rogerio Nogueira, Mauricio Rua (twice), Bobby Hoffman and Sergei Kharitonov. Overeem's last defeat was to Kharitonov over four years ago at a Hero's event held in Japan. More recently, Overeem defeated Brock Lesnar at UFC 141 to earn a crack at dos Santos' title.

"You saw that when he fought (Fabricio) Werdum. Werdum was actually tagging him more than he did to Werdum. I think that Junior dos Santos, with his combinations, his reach, I think he's going to tag him and he's going to throw combos and I think that yeah, he's going to take this fight," Rutten said.

Dos Santos is presently the favored to win in his matchup with Overeem targeted for sometime this year. Dos Santos' last bout was at UFC on Fox when he KO'ed former champion, Cain Velasquez to win him his UFC heavyweight title in just 64 seconds. Dos Santos has also won 10 of his 14 victories via TKO/KO.

Rutten noted another deciding factor of the fight is the fact that dos Santos has never been knocked out, dos Santos' sole loss comes from a submission defeat in 2007 to Joaquim Ferreira.

With speculations abound, only time will tell if dos Santos remains the UFC's heavyweight champion by year's end.
Old 01-23-2012, 03:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
Bas picking against a fellow Dutch fighter? O snaps!
tee hee I agree with Bas.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 01-23-2012, 08:12 PM
matthughesfan21

Bas is so clearly biased here...When Overeem was still with golden glory, he was his biggest supporter and called him the number 1 HW in the world. Now when he leaves GG, Bas has talked crap about him ever since....This is an instance where I don't really respect Bas' statements because they are coming from a place of bias
Old 01-23-2012, 08:18 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthughesfan21 View Post
Bas is so clearly biased here...When Overeem was still with golden glory, he was his biggest supporter and called him the number 1 HW in the world. Now when he leaves GG, Bas has talked crap about him ever since....This is an instance where I don't really respect Bas' statements because they are coming from a place of bias
Yeah, no doubt. He was pretty pissed at Overeem for ditching GG.
Old 01-23-2012, 08:24 PM
matthughesfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
Yeah, no doubt. He was pretty pissed at Overeem for ditching GG.
Like I said, I'd respect his opinion if it really was what he thought...But it's not..It's just his bias talking...You're opinion of a fighters abilities doesn't just magically change after he leaves his management team despite dominating in his biggest fight of his career