Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 03-19-2009, 07:33 PM
Jason 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthughesfan21
for your major, community college might be the best route because I think you can get a degree in 2 years...I kind of have to go 4 years because 3.5 years are full of work for my major....If you don't mind me asking, what year are you in school, and what are your grades like, because if you want a 4 year university, they have certain requirements to get in...and have you taken the act yet?
Jr and like about 91% which is about a 3.6 I think
Old 03-19-2009, 07:43 PM
matthughesfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason 16
Jr and like about 91% which is about a 3.6 I think
grades like that you shouldn't have to much trouble getting into a 4 year school if thats the route you wanna take...you probably take the act in the spring right? thats the big one, take it seriously and you shouldn't have to much trouble, don't hype it up to be to big, because then you'll score will suffer because of nerves, if you haven't taken the act yet, I'd wait to start seriously searching for schools until you have your score back, thats when you really get a good idea of where you fit in
Old 03-19-2009, 07:45 PM
Jason 16

Update

I found this web site http://schools.awn.com/index.php?ltype=disp&id=13353

and it has a great search engine for schools. I found Kutztown University on the list and its one of the better art/film/animation schools and its not bad when it comes to the price not to mention that its not that far .

so right now Id like to know more about well animation like pay, number of jobs, do you normaly have to move to go to get a job. Ive researched this all ready I just want to know from some one that had to all ready go through what I will have to go through instead of just a web site.
Old 03-19-2009, 07:48 PM
Jason 16

Quote:
grades like that you shouldn't have to much trouble getting into a 4 year school if thats the route you wanna take...you probably take the act in the spring right? thats the big one, take it seriously and you shouldn't have to much trouble, don't hype it up to be to big, because then you'll score will suffer because of nerves, if you haven't taken the act yet, I'd wait to start seriously searching for schools until you have your score back, thats when you really get a good idea of where you fit in
I can take the SAT Or the ACT I need to pick soon but Iam not sure which.
O I heard there going to drop the SAT and replace it with the PSSA wich for right now is used in high schools in PA and In the next couple years it will take the place of the sat and might become country wide
Old 03-19-2009, 07:50 PM
matthughesfan21

Quote:
Update

I found this web site http://schools.awn.com/index.php?ltype=disp&id=13353

and it has a great search engine for schools. I found Kutztown University on the list and its one of the better art/film/animation schools and its not bad when it comes to the price not to mention that its not that far .

so right now Id like to know more about well animation like pay, number of jobs, do you normaly have to move to go to get a job. Ive researched this all ready I just want to know from some one that had to all ready go through what I will have to go through instead of just a web site.
computer animation according to payscale looks like a starting salary of about 36k/year
Old 03-19-2009, 07:52 PM
matthughesfan21

Quote:
I can take the SAT Or the ACT I need to pick soon but Iam not sure which.
O I heard there going to drop the SAT and replace it with the PSSA wich for right now is used in high schools in PA and In the next couple years it will take the place of the sat and might become country wide
take the act, the SAT is old news, most schools don't even require it for admission, almost all have an act requirement, act is what the look at first
Old 03-19-2009, 07:59 PM
Jason 16

Quote:
computer animation according to payscale looks like a starting salary of about 36k/year
I saw starting of 40k and in 6 years 75k
Old 03-19-2009, 08:00 PM
Jason 16

Quote:
take the act, the SAT is old news, most schools don't even require it for admission, almost all have an act requirement, act is what the look at first
so take the ACT? I dint sign up yet for eather so Iam going to ask the guidance counselors first.
Old 03-19-2009, 08:08 PM
matthughesfan21

Quote:
so take the ACT? I dint sign up yet for eather so Iam going to ask the guidance counselors first.
the act without a doubt...I didn't even take the act, but I got accepted into multiple schools and I got scholarships, with an SAT only, I wouldn't have even been eligible to apply into any of those schools
Old 03-19-2009, 08:14 PM
Jason 16

This is for nate or for any other animators. Iam great at useing computer animation programs but how good do you have to be at hand drawing (Iam am very good at mechanical and architectural drawings but very soso at the drawing the flowers and crap like that type of stuff but I could do it on the computer).