Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 03-18-2009, 10:42 PM
Jason 16

Default Need help looking at colleges

Well to start off the guidance counselor is ...well not worth squat and not even worth going to Ive all ready tried. see will hand me a ***** load of papers and kick me out of the room and will go back to feeding her fat face(she uses and elevator because she is to fat to use the stairs).
Ok I want to major in computer animation with the intent of getting a job for an animated movie studio(or even for movies like transformers ) or a video game studio (<-dream job) which is under computer sciences. Iam on here to get ideas because I dont realy have much time to research.
Old 03-18-2009, 10:54 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason 16
Well to start off the guidance counselor is ...well not worth squat and not even worth going to Ive all ready tried. see will hand me a ***** load of papers and kick me out of the room and will go back to feeding her fat face(she uses and elevator because she is to fat to use the stairs).
Ok I want to major in computer animation with the intent of getting a job for an animated movie studio(or even for movies like transformers ) or a video game studio (<-dream job) which is under computer sciences. Iam on here to get ideas because I dont realy have much time to research.

What state do you live in? Do you need to go in state or are you looking out of state? What is your financial situation, paying for it all yourself while working full time, free ride from the college on scholarship, or are you a trust fund baby? What else are you looking to get out of your college experience? Are you looking to go 4 year all the way or start at a community college first? I highly recommend this route to most people because it saves tons of money and you get the same education.

I don't know specifics about which colleges are the best in which fields but I can give a little advice on the other stuff.

~Amy

My son made this for me:
Old 03-19-2009, 12:19 AM
Jason 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN
What state do you live in?
1.Do you need to go in state or are you looking out of state?

2.What is your financial situation, paying for it all yourself while working full
time, free ride from the college on scholarship, or are you a trust fund baby?

3.What else are you looking to get out of your college experience?

4.Are you looking to go 4 year all the way or start at a community college first? I highly recommend this route to most people because it saves tons of money and you get the same education.

I don't know specifics about which colleges are the best in which fields but I can give a little advice on the other stuff.

~Amy
Ok sorry I was a little rushed typeing this I was getting kicked off of the computer.

1. if possible in state I live in north east Pa. penn state schuylkill is the nearest.
2. my parents are paying for what ever I cant pay for with a part time job and what I have saved up.
3. umm beer...... yea my dad would kill me so he wouldnt know about it no realy go to school go to my part time job and train at least 3 days a week.
4.?dont realy know?
Old 03-19-2009, 12:22 AM
Miss Foxy

Amy is very correct with starting out at a JC (junior college). You might want to wipe out your general classes at a JC then transfer when you start core classes. You will save thousands of dollars!...Trust me! Good luck!!
Old 03-19-2009, 12:26 AM
Jason 16

UM is there any one that does animation on here!!!
Old 03-19-2009, 12:28 AM
Max

here is some info on Penn State
http://www.cse.psu.edu/

Here is some info on Pitt
http://www.cs.pitt.edu/

Its just from their websites but it is a good place to start.
Old 03-19-2009, 02:37 AM
matthughesfan21

for your major, community college might be the best route because I think you can get a degree in 2 years...I kind of have to go 4 years because 3.5 years are full of work for my major....If you don't mind me asking, what year are you in school, and what are your grades like, because if you want a 4 year university, they have certain requirements to get in...and have you taken the act yet?
Old 03-19-2009, 03:37 AM
logrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa Villaseņor
Amy is very correct with starting out at a JC (junior college). You might want to wipe out your general classes at a JC then transfer when you start core classes. You will save thousands of dollars!...Trust me! Good luck!!
Thats what I am on the verge of doing as well. Just remember that you need to make sure your general classes will transfer to the major university for your last 2 years. Otherwise you will have to retake those classes all over again.
Old 03-19-2009, 12:31 PM
Preach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason 16
UM is there any one that does animation on here!!!

Nater does
Old 03-19-2009, 01:03 PM
County Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max
here is some info on Penn State
http://www.cse.psu.edu/

Here is some info on Pitt
http://www.cs.pitt.edu/

Its just from their websites but it is a good place to start.
LOL. If he couldn't find those on his own, I doubt he'd be ready for college. I'm sure your heart was in the right place though.