Sonnen by Decision 5 26.32%
The fans by Double Knock Out 0 0%
The fans by Choking-on-Tongues-While-Trash-Talking 0 0%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-18-2012, 03:08 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default Sonnen vs. Bisping: Call your shot

OK, so I'm interested in seeing how y'all think this one will play out. Vote on who you think wins & how, then (if you please) gimme a rough sketch of how you think the fight goes down.

All dislike for the Brit aside, I realize that Bisping is a good fighter. Problem is, I don't see where he has enough of an advantage to win this fight. He's not got one-hit KO power in his fists (i.e. won't rock Chael as he's coming for a TD) & his BJJ, as far as I've seen it, seems mostly focused on getting back to his feet (i.e. won't catch Chael in a hail-mary triangle). I'm very interested in hearing from Foxy & the other Bisping fans how they see him gameplanning & executing a successful strategy. Do y'all think he's got more than a puncher's chance?

Last edited by VCURamFan; 01-18-2012 at 11:01 PM.
Old 01-18-2012, 03:12 PM
Miss Foxy

One thing people are forgetting is I am a huge fan of both men.... I think I will leave it be for now with my thoughts on how or who takes this fight. All I can say is don't discount Michael. Same for Chael. This fight will be no cake walk for either man.
Old 01-18-2012, 03:32 PM

I agree with Foxy this fight is going to be a War!!

Like Foxy I am a Huge fan of both but I give Chael The Slight edge...

While I think Bisping is better on the feet I think Chaels Super Sayian Power will be more than enough to hold Mike down and Ground and Pound him.

But you never Know Mike is as Tough as they come with his only real loss being against Hendo and a Couple of BS decisions to Rashad and Silva.

I would Love for both of this guys to be Champs so all in all I just Hope for a Great Fight and may the Better Man that day Win.
Old 01-18-2012, 05:36 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Sonnen by smother and murder. Bisping won't be able to stop Chael's takedowns, nor will he be able to get up. Bisping also doesn't possess the type of punching power needed to keep Chael from grabbing him and then beating him mercilessly on the ground.
Old 01-18-2012, 05:57 PM
Primadawn

I said Sonnen by decision. I don't think either has enough over the other one to win any other way.
Old 01-18-2012, 06:09 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadawn View Post
I said Sonnen by decision. I don't think either has enough over the other one to win any other way.
I said Chael by GnP, but I wouldn't be surprised by a UD. I don't see Mike being able to KO Chael on the feet. I don't see him being able to defend all Chael's TDs. I don't see him being able to submit Chael off his back. I don't see him standing back up enough times to win rounds on the feet.

On the flip side, Bisping's a tough SoB. I certainly don't see Chael KOing him & I don't see Mike quiting on his own. It'll have to be a ref stepping in to "save" him from himself.
Old 01-18-2012, 06:56 PM
rearnakedchoke

sonnen takes the first round and bisping comes back and grinds out the next two rounds .. the third round he will take no questions, but the second round is where the controversy will happen .. chael will start out with a takedown or two and do some semi-damage .. bisping will take the second half of the round with crisp punches, avoiding takedowns and strikes .. nelson hamilton will score it 29-28 bisping, cecil peoples will score it 29-28 sonnen and marcos rosales will score it 29-28 for the winner by split decision and earning a shot at anderson silva, michael the count bisping ..
Old 01-18-2012, 07:26 PM

Chael, GnP.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 01-18-2012, 08:04 PM
Buc Nasty

Chael by 'GSP'. I think he'll take Bisping down and control him in every round but Bisping is good off his back and Chael is not a great finisher.
Old 01-18-2012, 08:18 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buc Nasty View Post
Chael by 'GSP'. I think he'll take Bisping down and control him in every round but Bisping is good off his back and Chael is not a great finisher.
Except that arm-triangle he hit Stann with.