Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 01-16-2012, 04:17 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default GSP done with Jackson

Quote:
So maybe Georges St. Pierre is staying in Team Jackson -- and maybe Georges St. Pierre is leaving Team Jackson. This article is published as a rumor because we're not entirely sure, yet we have a slight inclination to believe that it's true. If this rumor is indeed correct, let me fire up my flux capacitor, hop in my Delorean and travel to November 2012 when people on the UG will be creating threads entitled 'Dude, [the winner of Diaz/Condit] only beat GSP because he didn't have Greg Jackson.' Yes, I know if I traveled into the future I would know the winner of Diaz vs. Condit. I would also know if this rumor is true. The flux capacitor is broken today. Sometimes these things happen in MMA.

Karim Zidan of 'The Flying Knee' is reporting that Georges St. Pierre has ceased affiliation with Greg Jackson in order to credit his Tristar coach, Firas Zahabi, for the success in his career.
Quote:
Since GSP completes most of his training at Tristar MMA in Montreal, he believed that it was the correct decision to make for his gym. It became clear that people affiliated GSP with Jackson’s MMA and not with his head coach Firas Zahabi, who should take 95% of the credit for building and developing GSP.

Although this is now the case, the contractual arrangements may see Jackson in St. Pierre’s next few fights, despite the switch in affiliation. This will only be temporary and soon Jackson’s MMA will have to focus on the stars they have instead of GSP.

Since GSP could potentially be facing Carlos Condit on his return, this actually solves the probable issue of dividing camps etc between the two athletes.
Team Jackson still has one of the most dominant light heavyweights in UFC history, so I think they're doing alright over there in New Mexico. Breaking Bad. Segue of the year.
Old 01-16-2012, 04:35 PM

Couldn't he simply explain that he does most of his training in Montreal with his head coach and give his coach the credit he deserves, as well give Greg Jackson his due credit without leaving? Isn't there enough credit to go around...why do things have to be so complicated?
Old 01-16-2012, 05:24 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
Couldn't he simply explain that he does most of his training in Montreal with his head coach and give his coach the credit he deserves, as well give Greg Jackson his due credit without leaving? Isn't there enough credit to go around...why do things have to be so complicated?
TBH, I'm glad that GSP's severing ties. It's GSP's "lack-luster" performances that made everyone declare Jackson's as a boring camp, when in fact it was Firas' advice that had GSP playing it safe. Just recently Miguel Torres was diong an interview & he talked about how Firas was telling him to be less aggressive & how he had to get back to his old camp to remember how he used to fight & what made him a champ.