Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 03-18-2009, 07:04 PM
Blmfighter

Default Catch the Wave

I joined a group called Catch the Wave, I'm starting the 4th week today. It is a running program sponsored by the Lake Run Club. The goal of the program is to take people that don't run and are fat and gets them to run. When it is over you should be able to run most or all of a 4.37 mile race about Lake Bloomington.

Well, I must say that I have never been a runner and a week before I started this I could run 30 seconds and that was it. Now I can 6 minutes at a time. last week the program was to walk 6 run 6 and do that 3 times. I was able to do that all three times with out stopping.

Tonight we have to walk 6 and run 8, and do this 3 times. I'm sure that i should be able to run the whole 8 minutes. This will be the most I have ever ran in my life.

It gets easier every week to run!
Old 03-18-2009, 07:17 PM
County Mike

Good job. Just stick with it. You'll be amazed how quickly your body responds. Before long, you'll be able to run a few miles without stopping.
Old 03-18-2009, 07:36 PM
Preach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blmfighter
I joined a group called Catch the Wave, I'm starting the 4th week today. It is a running program sponsored by the Lake Run Club. The goal of the program is to take people that don't run and are fat and gets them to run. When it is over you should be able to run most or all of a 4.37 mile race about Lake Bloomington.

Well, I must say that I have never been a runner and a week before I started this I could run 30 seconds and that was it. Now I can 6 minutes at a time. last week the program was to walk 6 run 6 and do that 3 times. I was able to do that all three times with out stopping.

Tonight we have to walk 6 and run 8, and do this 3 times. I'm sure that i should be able to run the whole 8 minutes. This will be the most I have ever ran in my life.

It gets easier every week to run!

Thats awesome buddy stick with it and you will see a huge difference in the way you feel for sure
Old 03-18-2009, 07:54 PM
Blmfighter

Thanks guys, I'm starting to really like running and I can't wait until I can run for a few miles at a time.