Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 01-13-2012, 09:56 PM
Miss Foxy

Well, well, well.. This was no surprise. Him, Daley, and Alves are notorious for this. I just can't believe he missed weight in 2 weight classes. He must be PMS'ing..
Old 01-13-2012, 10:20 PM

That is terrible he must of gotten to comfortable thinking would have no trouble making weight because he had an extra 15 pounds of wiggle room. I agree that he should be cut if he loses!
Old 01-13-2012, 10:35 PM
Hughes fanboy

He got beaten by popcorn ball head once.

This is less embarassing

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Old 01-13-2012, 10:39 PM

If this clown is that much over, does his opponent even have to take the fight?
Old 01-13-2012, 10:45 PM
Miss Foxy

Rumor is he was ill so he was given fluids hence why he blew up.. That's only a rumor so far no confirmation from UFC..
Old 01-13-2012, 11:49 PM

Damn Im very disappointed by Anthony I wanted his knock out of Belfort to leave no doubt in peoples minds.... now if he wins no matter what people will blame it on his weight.... With that said I hope Belfort Knocks Him out for not making Weight.
Old 01-14-2012, 12:15 AM
matthughesfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play The Man View Post
I'm not talking from experience. I have never cut weight for an athletic event. However, I'd imagine it must be an advantage to go into a fight "fresher", without several days of dehydration and starvation. If Johnson is 12 lbs. over, he said "f**k it" several days ago and stopped trying to drop the weight. Meanwhile, Belfort has been starving and dehydrating himself. Johnson should have approached Dana about a catchweight fight about 4-5 days ago, so Belfort didn't have to go through the physical suffering to prepare for the fight. They should have Johnson on a treadmill all day today dehydrating himself. He can weigh in at midnight. This is so unprofessional. I say, win or lose, cut him after the fight.
In camp, he was weighing 215, so he did cut weight but obviously nowhere near enough....Belfort requested he weigh in under 205 before the fight, so Johnson can't rehydrate much at all...So he could still be lethargic going into the fight

And Foxy said he might have been sick? He sure didn't look like it at the weigh ins, he was smiling and playing to the crowd...Seemed to be in a great mood...I think he just has no respect for the sport or his opponent
Old 01-14-2012, 02:07 AM
3dlee

where is Vitor's manager on this one? I mean, win, lose, or draw Vitor has the TUF vs Wandy thing coming up. If I were Vitor's manager, I don't think I wouldve advised him to agree to a fight an entire weight class above. I mean, if this fight were originaly cheduled for 205, Vitor would have been quite a bit bigger and stronger. Rumble, unless still sick from his "attempt", will have an unfair advantage. Vitor made weight and doesnt have the added on muscle. I still think Vitor takes it, but Rubmle should just hang his head down during his entrance. Hes a shame
Old 01-14-2012, 04:07 AM

i really doubt we know more than vitor's manager does on this one,

i'm guessing vitor is getting at least fifty percent of rumbles purse and if it is a catchweight they are still making rumble cut some weight, ie making him weigh in before the fight, i'm guessing vitor plans on being 205 at fight time too.... so no diff, cept for vitor's pocketing a good portion of rumbles purse

not to mention he has an easy excuse if he loses..... and everything to gain if he wins
Old 01-14-2012, 04:59 AM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamt View Post
i really doubt we know more than vitor's manager does on this one,

i'm guessing vitor is getting at least fifty percent of rumbles purse and if it is a catchweight they are still making rumble cut some weight, ie making him weigh in before the fight, i'm guessing vitor plans on being 205 at fight time too.... so no diff, cept for vitor's pocketing a good portion of rumbles purse

not to mention he has an easy excuse if he loses..... and everything to gain if he wins
The commission gets 10% of his purse & Vitor gets another 10%. That's te standard operating procedure.