Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 01-14-2012, 01:33 PM
Neezar's Avatar
Neezar Neezar is offline
SupaDupaMod
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: South
Posts: 6,480
Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
Now we see the true attitudes and under currents within the very height of the worlds most elite armed force.

So you are going to assume that the actions of four reflect the attitude of the whole force?

Dave, for years you have defended the whole of muslims because you knew a few with a good heart. Why the double standard here?
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-14-2012, 02:16 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,923
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
So you are going to assume that the actions of four reflect the attitude of the whole force?

Dave, for years you have defended the whole of muslims because you knew a few with a good heart. Why the double standard here?
I'm not saying it reflects the whole force, I'm saying you are seeing what the majority of people (wholistically, as in the entire cultural entrophy) appearing in the highest cadence of the Military. (put a comma between currents and within)

For Example Look at this thread...look at the string of Justifications that good christians have used to try and cover this without condemnation.

"what would you know, you werent even there"
"it wasnt really that bad"
"they deserved it"
"they do the same to us"
"its none of your business"
"everyone just hates the Marines"

"im not trying to defend But...."
"they were wrong But...."

This is the American Christians Response on this forum. Not to dissimilar to the great Quran bonfire suggestion I seem to recall. I'm just trying to show some people how hypocritical they can be...they call down fire and brimstone on some sins...whilst supporting other sins and making excuses. Their Self Righteousness evaporates the moment it relates to them.

I find that sad and depressing.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-14-2012, 02:35 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,923
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play The Man View Post

Within the past month, Tyburn, you have posted about Oliver Cromwell and the Restoration. For those who do not know, perhaps you could post about what happened to Oliver Cromwell's "relics". As you are a defender of the monarchy and the COE, perhaps you could tie in your post above with the post about Cromwell. Additionally, please mention where said events involving Cromwell occurred, and explain your avatar name, in light of these facts.
Was England signed up to Geneva in the 1660s

When The Lord Protector died, he was given a State Funneral befitting any senior Statesman. Including a procession through the City of London, and a Religious Service at Westminster Abbey. Where-upon, he was thus interred for several years in that Holy Place.

Revenge was taken on his relics several years later by the Son of the King who Oliver Murdered. (this was possible because the casket for all those of his status were leadlined and vaccum sealed!) Which included their revelation and exposure at the place of State Capital Punishment for London at that time. A field on the banks of the River Tyburn north of Westminster.

After that the only relic that remained was Olivers Head, which was transfered to Westminster Palace for safe keeping. after a tour through many private collections and museums, it was finally burried for a second time about 400 years later in one of the Oxbridge Colleges.

But you take a great liberty if you believe my choice of the name Tyburn bears any relation to my distaste for Oliver Cromwell. There are several reasons behind my screen name, none of them reflect Oliver Cromwell who had long since died before his post-humous visit to Tyburn.

As for relating this post to the other. It is Never morally right to desicrate the dead. It is sometimes legal to desicrate the dead though. As King, Charles was Soverign and thus there was no attempt to hide what he intended to do. He had the corpse on display for a day at Tyburn, and the head for twenty years at westminster. It is not legal for a nation signed up to Geneva to desicrate the dead, although, they may kill. Personally I think that Charles did what befell Cromwell, NOT because of what Cromwell did to his Father or himself...but because he was probably upset at two things. First that he, as King had been unable to kill Cromwell. His death to natural causes, conned the King out of a legitamate revenge. The Second thing is...I suspect it displeased Charles that Cromwell was lying in the Abbey...Truth be told, it might have upset Oliver also, because he never wanted to be treated as a King...so to lie in the family Mausolium...well...neither Charles nor Oliver would have desired that outcome
__________________

Last edited by Tyburn; 01-14-2012 at 02:52 PM. Reason: forgot PTMs other stipulation
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-14-2012, 02:55 PM
Neezar's Avatar
Neezar Neezar is offline
SupaDupaMod
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: South
Posts: 6,480
Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar
Default

Quote:
For Example Look at this thread...look at the string of Justifications that good christians have used to try and cover this without condemnation.
No one in this thread did that. All admitted that it was wrong and punishment was deserved.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-14-2012, 02:57 PM
Neezar's Avatar
Neezar Neezar is offline
SupaDupaMod
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: South
Posts: 6,480
Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
I'm not saying it reflects the whole force, I'm saying you are seeing what the majority of people (wholistically, as in the entire cultural entrophy) appearing in the highest cadence of the Military. (put a comma between currents and within)
Why do you imply it is the majority based on the actions of a few?
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 01-14-2012, 03:01 PM
Neezar's Avatar
Neezar Neezar is offline
SupaDupaMod
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: South
Posts: 6,480
Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
This is the American Christians Response on this forum. Not to dissimilar to the great Quran bonfire suggestion I seem to recall. I'm just trying to show some people how hypocritical they can be...they call down fire and brimstone on some sins...whilst supporting other sins and making excuses. Their Self Righteousness evaporates the moment it relates to them.

I find that sad and depressing.
Who on here has called down fire and brimstone? And when?

I was speaking to whether or not these men's actions could be understandable in the situation. I am in no way implying that it is morally or spiritually okay. Was it a sin? Absolutely.

But from your stand point, everyone sins AND sin is sin. So now why are you singling these guys out? Trying to make this sin stand out? You usually want us to view sin as sin and if we pardon one we should pardon all. It seems that you are the one being hypocritical here.


ps And finding sinful actions understandable is NOT supporting that sin nor is it making excuses.

You are making horrible assumptions and being terribly unfair in trying to show people the point you want to make here. That doesn't help your case.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-14-2012, 03:07 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,923
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
No one in this thread did that. All admitted that it was wrong and punishment was deserved.
There was not the condemnation that they like to post for other sins...just a lot of excuse making. ...I dont think anyone apart from PTM mentioned punishment.

Perhaps I remind afew next time they decide to actually show condemnation and remind them that those sins are "on a scale of evil: trifling."
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 01-14-2012, 03:12 PM
Neezar's Avatar
Neezar Neezar is offline
SupaDupaMod
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: South
Posts: 6,480
Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
There was not the condemnation that they like to post for other sins...just a lot of excuse making. ...I dont think anyone apart from PTM mentioned punishment.

Perhaps I remind afew next time they decide to actually show condemnation and remind them that those sins are "on a scale of evil: trifling."
But don't you realize that YOU do the same thing? Those sins that you say they comdemn are the ones that you try to downplay. You don't want anyone making a big deal out of them. Yet on some, you single them out and nitpick them to death! Just like this one. You are worse about that than anyone on this forum ever dreamed of being!

So are you trying to learn from this thing that you are trying to show people?
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 01-14-2012, 03:15 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,923
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
Why do you imply it is the majority based on the actions of a few?
...I worry that its a case of, them just doing what your average person in the street would do it they could. I fear the veneer of civilization is thin. In relation to this forum, I have never recovered from the shock of learning that actually most who cared to speak actually considered the Quran burning to be a positive, good idea. I struggled to comprehend and remember blogging about it at the time, how those who I admired as Christian were advocating evil for the sake of it.

Suddenly, when it actually mattered, all the gospel truth about overcoming evil with good, and rendering to noone evil for evil suddenly evaporates.

I tend to think that alongside the journalism, this forum basically speaks for the American Conservative and Christian Right...therefore if most people are against the health reform on here...then most of America probably rejects it also...in the same way, if all the folks on here think its good to burn Qurans...well, probably most other Americans do also. We have a good cross section on the forum, from teenaged kids, to ex forces, to mothers, to labourours from many different states...I feel its as un stereotypical a sterotype as is possible to base assumptions on.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 01-14-2012, 03:19 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,923
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
So are you trying to learn from this thing that you are trying to show people?
that is a very good question.

your right in your assesment....

Forgive me everyone
__________________

Last edited by Tyburn; 01-14-2012 at 03:35 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.